Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,471 members, 7,770,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:11 AM

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers (29498 Views)

The Watchtower Gospel Vs The Bible Gospel-most Christians Dont Know This / Why Do Christians Dont Worship In Any Church They See Like Muslims Do / Why Christians Should Reject The Bill For A Christian Court In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 27, 2015
Happy sunday brethren. You might be praying to God for something very essential, might be a job, admission, finances, marriage, fruit of the womb but you dont receive speedily answers and at times you pray for years and it still doesnt work out. Relax there are skeletons in the cupboard you need to fish out that is witholding answers to your prayers. Listen attentively.
Your Life Of Sin - yeah its your life of sin that is witholding your prayer request and God does not hear. You might still be living in sexual immorality, lies, jealousy, covetousness, gossip etc. And you go and kneel down and pray but sorry the prayer cant pass the ceiling.
Isaiah 1 vs 15 -When you spread your hands, I will hide my eyes from you, and when you make many prayers i will not hear because your hands are full of blood. And also in John 9 v 31 says that God hears not sinners but if any man be a worshipper of God and does His will, God hears. So its your sin that seperate God from you so He wont hear your prayers.

Lack of Patience - the Lord Jesus told us to keep on praying and not faint.(luke 18 vs1) this is another reason why people dont receive answers. God's timetable is not like man's own, He needs you to be patient and not rushing Him up. So be patient always whenever you ask God of a request.

Selfish Lust Desires - in the book of james chapter 4 vs 3 says that you pray and ask but you do not recieve because you ask amiss so that you may consume it upon your lust, oh well you ask God of big things that you schedule so that as soon as you receive it, you use it to flex around with the desires of the flesh. God knows your heart and wont give it to you till you repent.

Not Abiding With The Lord - yeah the word of God says in John 15 vs 7- if you abide in me and My words abide in you, you will ask what you want and it shall be done to you.
Have you been praying to God and ask Him of something important? Always abide by praying continually and going to church, study His Word, obey His commandments and praise Him daily and abide continually and you will receive answers to your prayers.

Lack Of Faith and Forgiveness - in mark 11 vs 22 the Lord taught us to have faith in God for whatever you desire when you pray, believe that you receive them shall have them and also forgive so that God may forgive and answer.
These are the reasons you dont receive answers. And you keep on praying but no hope. Obey this steps and receive final answers to your prayers.
Happy sunday

59 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by DebbyChris(f): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2015
Nice one let me add few: a. having an idol: having other option in case God doesn't answer you. b. keeping grudges/malice

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by kristen12(f): 9:37am On Sep 27, 2015
Okay
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by veekid(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
Kk
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Demmzy15(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
The main reason is hypocrisy, accusing others of what you yourself do. Saying bad things about non-Christians especially Muslims, excommunication of other Christians because they don't agree or accept your views. These are just few, all I listed are the qualities and characteristics of "ProphetUdeme", OLAADEGBU, truthman2012, parisbookaddict, annunaki a.k.a goat, etc.

Example of the Ops post against his own fellow Christians :
ProphetUdeme:
chai see as you finsh my wife. Ha ha ha ha guy i don laugh tire. But na the mouth i for carry yab Yemi Alade. Mehn that girl too worwor but she de make yanga too much. Her face no make am at all

Annunaki:
The same shitty quoran that said the earth is flat and the sun sets in muddy water? grin tongue

Annunaki:

It's mohamed that is filthy pig, I just read somewhere that there is strong evidence to believe he could have been in an incestuous relationship with his daughter fatima, it takes an extremely dirty pig to sleep with one's daughter.

These are the kind of Christians we've in Nigeria today, I'm really scared! No respect, just throwing tantrums anyhow.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
There's no prayer without an answer tho.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by damton(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
Noted.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Tahtah: 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
sad
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by kennyman2000(m): 9:48am On Sep 27, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by okooloyun1(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2015
Good job Op
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by ihatebuhari(f): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2015
cool shocked
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2015
Odikwa die
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by ArikeAriyo(f): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2015
shocked
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by canalily(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2015
The poster below me is just waking up from slumber and sleep.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by slap1(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2015
Number one is the only reason.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 27, 2015
All of the above

Or . . . .
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by scofieldsimba(m): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2015
Ok

But I know that David in the bible had his short comings but was proclaimed by God to be the Man after his heart.

On a lighter note, Dangote's children don't need all these

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Afrok(m): 9:52am On Sep 27, 2015
Hmmm..... there are answers to every prayers, it depends on the answer u wanna hear.
To every question and request, there is an equal , expected or opposite answer. (Law of begging)
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by dunkem21(m): 9:52am On Sep 27, 2015
angry
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by gr8Emperor(m): 9:52am On Sep 27, 2015
Thats 2rue...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by seacoast(m): 9:53am On Sep 27, 2015
Na God agent talk am?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by omojeesu(m): 9:53am On Sep 27, 2015
Disobeying natural laws e.g. rest, adequate sleep and relaxation, poor hygiene and sanitation, overfeeding, etc. All is needed is to adopt healthy living not prayer or fasting!

Another is not responding to repeated warnings by the Holy Spirit.

God help us all!

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by 989900: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2015
Bottom line: God does not/cannot answer all prayers for reasons best known to him.

Not condoning sin, but all have sinned, and have fallen short . . .

Think of all the 'good young' people you used to know that are no more, or those going through really bad times, while the wicked/indifferent prosper.

Even in the bible, Abel was murdered by his brother Cain shortly after sacrifice to God -- you think he didn't pray, or his sins were too much to be forgiven?

Think of Paul, Stephen, John the baptist and many more.

OTOH, think of the ones God saved: Daniel, David, Schadrach, Meschach, Abednigo, the same Paul again, and many many more . . .

Our ways and the creator's ways are far apart, what we see as right might not be in his eyes, saying a man's prayers was not answered simply because of sin alone is limited reasoning . . .

God allows some things to happen, things beyond our comprehension -- and this really bothers me and some others too, it makes us feel cheated and unwanted -- but it is what it is.

Our knowledge of the universe and it's workings, both physical, metaphysical, and spiritual are very limited, even though we feel we know everything because we've read the bible, quran, and some other educational books.

You can only pray, work, and hope for the best -- it ain't math, if it were, most 'righteous' people should be living in bliss already.

You can only try your best, and ask God for forgiveness.

16 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by ihedioramma: 9:55am On Sep 27, 2015
[quote author=ProphetUdeme post=38419780]Happy sunday brethren. You might be praying to God for something very essential, might be a job, admission, finances, marriage, fruit of the womb but you dont receive speedily answers and at times you pray for years and it still doesnt work out. Relax there are skeletons in the cupboard you need to fish out that is witholding answers to your prayers. Listen attentively.
Your Life Of Sin - yeah its your life of sin that is witholding your prayer request and God does not hear. You might still be living in sexual immorality, lies, jealousy, covetousness, gossip etc. And you go and kneel down and pray but sorry the prayer cant pass the ceiling.
Isaiah 1 vs 15 -When you spread your hands, I will hide my eyes from you, and when you make many prayers i will not hear because your hands are full of blood. And also in John 9 v 31 says that God hears not sinners but if any man be a worshipper of God and does His will, God hears. So its your sin that 98% truth .
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by missKiffy(f): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2015
It is well, God help us
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by EmekaBlue(m): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2015
i no go lie..i dey vex fr God o..I thank him fr d gift of life tho
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by laurel03(m): 9:55am On Sep 27, 2015
Some people no dey even near church or mosque and don't go to babalawo yet dey get money die..... Life na grace jare.... How many house u don build?

15 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Lessonteacher(f): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2015
kennygee:
There's no prayer without an answer tho.
smiley smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by pet4ril(f): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2015
If you know you have sinned and confess to him, no matter how dark the sin may be, he will wash it to be white as the stars in the sky... so nothing will make God not to forgive you and answer your prayers if you ask for his forgiveness
Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by BlackrulesDworld(m): 9:58am On Sep 27, 2015
Praying is a way of talking to yourself. Thinking out loud,

Nothing good comes out of it.

Prayer is the same thing as fantasy, you only wishes for the best while praying without working expecting a magic to perfect your wishes for you.

The greatest time waster is prayer.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by Agimor(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2015
Quite similar to what I read yesterday.one just as to amend his or her ways for our sacrifices to be acceptable unto to God.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Christians Dont Receive Answers To Their Prayers by wunmi590(m): 10:01am On Sep 27, 2015
Huh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Shares Food To 500 Fasting Muslims In Kaduna / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.