Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

East African Coast | Culture And People - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / East African Coast | Culture And People (47444 Views)

Some Old Pictures Of Nigerian Ethnic Groups And People / Northern Kenya | Culture And People / The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2015
Lamu - Kenya

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 12:56pm On Jun 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Zanzibar

1 Like

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2015

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by Ogobara(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2015
The swahili; the term is an arab world swahil that means "coast" ; what I know about these people is that, they were enslaved by arabs, they re mixed with them and have been arabized culturally, and religiously; the swahili language have a lot of arab term, i see a lot of arab influences in these eastern coast of Africa , iwant to see authentic east african culturegrin
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:44pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dar es Salaam

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ogobara:
The swahili; the term is an arab world swahil that means "coast" ; what I know about these people is that, they were enslaved by arabs, they re mixed with them and have been arabized culturally, and religiously; the swahili language have a lot of arab term, i see a lot of arab influences in these eastern coast of Africa , iwant to see authentic east african culturegrin

You have no idea what you are talking about.I strongly suggest you enlighten yourself. grin
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Ogobara:
Yep, I agree with the above^^^, you have a lot of books to read, so get started.

1 Like

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 12:50am On Jun 11, 2015
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
Bagamoyo Stone Town

The town of Bagamoyo, Tanzania, was founded at the end of the 18th century. It was the original capital of
German East Africa and was one of the most important trading ports along the East African coast.

Old German Boma In Bagamoyo

Catholic Mission
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 10:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
Lamu

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 5:28am On Jun 23, 2015
Mombasa

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 5:32am On Jun 23, 2015
Pangoni Resort

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by 23Tunde45(m): 10:48am On Jul 10, 2015
gallivant:

cool
Same to you.

Why do you guys have a lot of arabs in your region, aren't you Blacks?
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 10, 2015
23Tunde45:

Why do you guys have a lot of arabs in your region, aren't you Blacks?
There aren't that many arabs, actually there are about 40k to 100k in Kenya with most of them living in Mombasa and the coast. Most pictures of Mombasa where the traditional arabic architecture presents itself is where you'll find them coz their ancestors built them, it's however hard to find a pure arab coz they've intermarried a lot, so the majority are black people, plus the pictures here are only a very small portion of the huge city of Mombasa.
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 1:20pm On Oct 13, 2015
Lamu - Kenya

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 5:59am On Oct 19, 2015

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 2:54am On Oct 28, 2015
Mombasa old town

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by cocoama(f): 7:10am On Oct 28, 2015
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:01pm On Oct 28, 2015
cocoama:
which place is this?

The first two are from Zanzibar and the others from Pemba.
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
[/url]
Untitled by Alex Shapovalov, on Flickr

[/url]
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2015

1 Like

Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2015

Untitled by Alex Shapovalov, on Flickr[
Re: East African Coast | Culture And People by gallivant: 11:48pm On Nov 11, 2015

PA050183 by Jess, on Flickr

P1010026 by Jess, on Flickr

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ewi If Ife Fun Oluwafunmilayo / Sikiru Adetona, Awujale Of Ijebu Is Dead / Kayode Ogundamisi's Tweet About Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.