Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,548 members, 7,861,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:23 PM

Shouldnt Charity Begin At Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Shouldnt Charity Begin At Home? (776 Views)

Photos Of The Girl With Half-body At Home With Her Family In Kano / I Guess This Is One Of The Reasons My Wife Must Not Be A Stay At Home Mum / Celebration Of Birthday Begin At First Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shouldnt Charity Begin At Home? by Ndipe(m): 4:14am On Dec 24, 2008
Warren Buffett, the 2nd wealthiest man in the world has made it known publicly that he intends to bequeath his enormous wealth to charity, rather than passing them on to his children. While he paid for their education, for the most part, I think the kids have been independent financially. A while back, there was a documentary about the relatives of the wealthy folks in the Western World who, some are struggling to make ends meet. But their parents are not interested in helping them out, rather dubbing them the members of the "Lucky S, club" Buffett has clearly stated that his children will not inherit any significant portion of his largesse.

What do you think? Granted, he is at liberty to do what he wants to do with his money, but really, does it really make sense to provide just enough for your kids to get by, with the lion share bequeathed to charity?

Me, I no think so. Family first!

(1) (Reply)

UNDILUTED HONEY / What Do Married Nigerian Men Think Of A Beautiful Married Woman At Sight? / A Line For Your Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.