Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,233 members, 7,957,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

Being A Great Mum - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Great Mum (877 Views)

Smart Mum Spoiled Her Daughter's Plan To Steal Meat (pictured) / I Called My Friend Gay For Uploading This Pic, Got This Funny Reply From His Mum / Be A Great Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Great Mum by WaleGent(m): 7:55am On Jan 26, 2015
'I just want to be a great Mum'

A mother's job is so challenging that sometimes you ask yourself if you're doing the right.
Are my kids going to turn out great?
Am l a great mum?

Perhaps you read a book on parenting or met with other mothers in a gathering and you are amazed at their parenting skills.You can't help but ask your self if your parenting is excellent.

The good news is that you don't have to be hard on yourself. You're doing fine but only have to work on some techniques to make things work for you.
There is nothing wrong with sharing ideas and experiences with other mothers.
What does not feel right is being a critic on other mother's style of parenting.

"Some people can be a pain in the neck by criticising all efforts you make"complained a first timer mother.
"A mother once accused me bitterly of wearing diapers for a eighteen months old child.She said l was wasting money and spoiling my child"said a friend during my research.
"And l was confused on what to do. I stopped and had almost all my clothes messed up from poo and urine "she lamented.
You don't have to cringe at some criticism on your parenting skills. Just tell them nicely"thank you" on their contributions and pick out the ones that works for you.

"Follow your instinct on decisions you want to make on parenting especially when you are comfortable with it"was a wise advice an Aunty gave me.

As mothers we need to understand what works for us, stop comparing and assuming that there is only a way to parenting.

Trying out different ways and sticking to what works for you is a great plus for you.
Work on the doubts you have about your parenting skills.

Get more knowledge when you are in doubt and be proud of yourself when you achieve success on the new style of parenting.

Nobody is a perfect mother.

Say to yourself. ..I am a cool mum ....I am working on my parenting skills. I hope to be a successful one.

For more visit:
Nafi's Random Musings@ www.nafisustain.com

3 Likes

Re: Being A Great Mum by nomabeeee(f): 8:01am On Jan 26, 2015
NicE one op.Not easy though.but that's exactly what I strive to be..the best mum ever..* so help me God.
Re: Being A Great Mum by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 26, 2015
You will never appreciate moms until you become one yourself or you are faced with the same probs...Striving to be a great mom sha when the time comes
Re: Being A Great Mum by JEITO: 11:32am On Jan 26, 2015
temitak:
You will never appreciate moms until you become one yourself or you are faced with the same probs...Striving to be a great mom sha when the time comes
so what preparations are you making to ensure that you become one?
Re: Being A Great Mum by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
JEITO:
so what preparations are you making to ensure that you become one?
Waiting for the perfect dad first
Re: Being A Great Mum by JEITO: 7:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
temitak:

Waiting for the perfect dad first
you don't need a perfect dad to make a great mum. That is if there's anything like a perfect dad sef.

To be a great mum, all you need do is understand what it means to be a mum ie the responsibilities of a mum and then work on your weaknesses where necessary.

Btw, this is the best time to begin such work. Marriage won't give you the time to work on yourself as it is a whole different ball gain. So whatever training you'll need in motherhood, this is the best time to start. Read books, listen to those that are there already and succeeding, ask questions, come up with your own strategies so that once the kids start coming, you'll begin the practical aspect of what you've been learning.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Kidnapped Orekoya Kids Have Been Found / 15 Great Facts Life Has Taught / Photo: Rock Crushes Mother, Three Children To Death In Abeokuta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.