Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Nairaland Redesign - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Redesign (3027 Views)

Redesign your Website and blog @ Best Price!! / Important Factors That Will Make Your Website Redesign Process A Success / Nairaland Redesign In Progress (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Redesign by tedjazz(m): 8:55am On Jan 26, 2015
Hi guys,

A lot people have been complaining about Nairaland's interface, But nobody attempted it. I said to myself, why not try it and see what comes out. Here is what I came up with.

Two different UI's for the Frontpage :

The first one is a list system similar to what we have now. Only less cluttered.

The second is a grid system. what are your thoughts?

Re: Nairaland Redesign by Kimmo(f): 9:03am On Jan 26, 2015
I generally prefer lists, so the first looks good.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Redesign by Ojestas(m): 9:22am On Jan 26, 2015
Nice work, tedjazz. the list view makes more sense
Re: Nairaland Redesign by donsheddy1(m): 10:08am On Jan 26, 2015
I think both are useful. But i prefer the second one.

The Second one could be the PC view for the website while the resonsive mobile view bares the first look

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Redesign by tedjazz(m): 10:24am On Jan 26, 2015
donsheddy1:
I think both are useful. But i prefer the second one.

The Second one could be the PC view for the website while the resonsive mobile view bares the first look

Intelligent thought

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Redesign by tedjazz(m): 10:31am On Jan 26, 2015
can the moderators please make this post more visible to people.
can it get to the Frontpage?
Re: Nairaland Redesign by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 26, 2015
Wow, this is great. Nice Lightweight design, buh i guess ds for PC.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by blueyedgeek(m): 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
Cool that you attempted this, nice initiative. I should try my hands at re-imagining nairaland's user interface as well. Let's see how it goes.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:49pm On Jan 26, 2015
Wow...what a design.
Seun take note.
I think the page should be made interactive with HTML5 for browsers like iphone safari etc.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by Seun(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2015
The OP can do better. That design is certainly inferior to the current one! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Redesign by pamcode(m): 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2015
Seun:
The OP can do better. That design is certainly inferior to the current one! smiley
And the great no one decides, so much for ur effort op better luck next time
Re: Nairaland Redesign by ncpat(m): 8:38pm On Jan 26, 2015
check the link below still working on it

http://1010studio.com/forum2/index.php
Re: Nairaland Redesign by onyengbu: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
Seun:

Lol... Knew you are going to say something like that.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:02pm On Jan 26, 2015
Seun:
I dont understand what you mean by inferior sir
The UI the OP coded is more attractive and eyecatching.
Sorry to say but the current UI looks like we are using the internet of the late 90's.
I have seen the way Nairaland test run features.
The same can be done too with the UI.
So i appeal to you to consider what i am saying or take a poll to confirm my point

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Redesign by Nutase: 9:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
i prefer d current one to d craps above undecided
Re: Nairaland Redesign by luigiajah(m): 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
It's a nice design by the OP.. I love the CSS. But on this issue I agree with seun. This Design is inferior to the current design.. Did you take into consideration the compatibility with mobile devices that don't have compatible browsers. People still view nairaland from Java phones, Which don't support much interactivity. From my knowledge of css. It seems the .hover element would have much impact on that design.. Also consider the page load time. Nairaland's current design is very fast in loading on any browser. Even Vbulletin is better than that design.. Sorry OP but it's the truth. You can still consider doing more work on it.. Seun has the best design.. **coming from a 17 year old webmaster

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Redesign by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
Seun:

One of your punch lines explains a lot.

How far bro.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by luigiajah(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
ClintonNzedimma:

I dont understand what you mean by inferior sir
The UI the OP coded is more attractive and eyecatching.
Sorry to say but the current UI looks like we are using the internet of the late 90's.
I have seen the way Nairaland test run features.
The same can be done too with the UI.
So i appeal to you to consider what i am saying or take a poll to confirm my point

Are you a webmaster :-/ not a Blogger?
Re: Nairaland Redesign by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
OP nor vex abeg, u fit send me the html file or am i free to clone and add more content.
I could use that design for a blog.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by tedjazz(m): 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
@seun it was an attempt. the only flaw though is mobile compatibility. which can easily be worked on. think Facebook.
About load time, that design is absolutely light. might not be as light as the current one but it would definitely be fast too. No shadows, No animations. I really didn't do this for it to be adopted. Note that I designed this with respect to how me and my colleagues use Nairaland. Seun can definitely do more with my design with the real data he has. I just showed that Nairaland can definitely be better. Sometimes give design a chance to speak for itself. I know this attempt as definitely given some of inspiration. Thank you all. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Redesign by tedjazz(m): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2015
@ClintonNzedimma this is a photoshop design. No html or css.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by jaybossYBNL(m): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
I prefer the grid.....it looks good
Re: Nairaland Redesign by donsheddy1(m): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
We all believe he can do better than that, but you can agree with me that the present design still sucks, so work on a more better design than what he has now or rather colaborate with him to improve what he has rather than saying it's inferior.

I rest my case
Re: Nairaland Redesign by Seun(m): 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2015
donsheddy1:

We all believe he can do better than that, but you can agree with me that the present design still sucks, so work on a more better design than what he has now or rather collaborate with him to improve what he has rather than saying it's inferior.

I rest my case
The current dull colors make the text readable for long periods. When we used brighter colors people said their eyes were hurting them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Redesign by anonimi: 12:17pm On Jan 27, 2015
Seun:
The current dull colors make the text readable for long periods. When we used brighter colors people said their eyes were hurting them.

Our dear Oga @ the Top,

Whatever you do make sure to always keep it simple like Google that has been an outstanding success story.
Re: Nairaland Redesign by blueyedgeek(m): 2:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
So, as promised I decided to try my hands out at re-imagining nairaland's interface and here's what I came up with.

Didn't put much effort into it and this is only for the homepage but I do hope that it proves that Nairaland's interface can be better.

Here's goes nothing.

Number 1

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Redesign by blueyedgeek(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Number 2

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Redesign by blueyedgeek(m): 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
Number 3

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Redesign by blueyedgeek(m): 2:21pm On Jan 27, 2015
Number 4

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips On Writing Original And Viral Content / Help: Result Grading, Publishing And Management Script With Joomla / Join Us And Learn Some Legit Way To Make Money Online Plus SEO Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.