Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Career In Naija? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Career In Naija? (1142 Views)

Is It Possible To Be Invited For Interview In Uk For Job Applied For In Naija / Ask Me Any Question About Career In Dubai / Minimum/Maximum Time Until Landing The Dream Job In Naija After Masters Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Career In Naija? by gbeborun(m): 12:47pm On Aug 20, 2006
dear nairalanders, please help out, i very much want to work in naija, is it the right decision or should i just start my career here, bearing in my that i don't have a godfather in naija that can help me with a job. Many thanks
Re: Career In Naija? by somebody(f): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2006
Well, I would say it depends on the course you are studying and the career path you want to follow. You have to bear in mind that some secctors are not fully developed in Nigeria while others are saturated. So I guess the first step is stating ur course and the career path you want to pursue.
Re: Career In Naija? by gbeborun(m): 11:21pm On Aug 20, 2006
acct
Re: Career In Naija? by Seun(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2006
If you want to start your own business, you might enjoy Nigeria better. Otherwise, you should stay in the UK and earn your Euros well. Please don't come to Nigeria to start looking for jobs. Do that in the UK!
Re: Career In Naija? by somebody(f): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2006
Seun am curious as to why he should not go back to Naija to search for a job.
@gbeborun
My suggestion would be to stay in the UK and get a job with a company that would pay for your ACCA.ACA/CIMA or whatever qualifications you want to get. I don't know what your status in the UK is. But if you need a work permit, your options are somewhat limited. Companies that recruit international students include KPMG, Pwc, Ernst and Young and Deloitte. If you have a residence permit, there is a lot of other places you can apply to. There are loads of opportunities available out there and you have execllent grades so I'll say you stand a very good chance of getting a worthwhile job. After working for say three years and your qualificatiosn done, a move to Nigeria might make sense then. I think KPMG or one of these comapnies encourage that, work here with them for three years and go back to your home country and work for them. Any other questions you have, ask away. I'll be happy to answer them.

I am starting a website that would provide information for careers in the UK for international students. I thought it would be ready by Sept 1st but been quite busy with other stuff. When its up and running, I'll provide the link and you would be able to get great advice from there. Goodluck with your career.
Re: Career In Naija? by Goshen360(m): 4:46pm On Sep 01, 2006
hey my guy,

abeg make u stay ur Uk jejely. which kind job u wan come find for naija after studying in the Uk. Anyway, except u want to come and establish a big bizness in naija, then its ok to come to naija otherwise, stay ur Uk ooooooooooo cos if u try come naija say u wan come look for job u wan suffer urself. Our country is still an underdeveloped one and Uk is still beta. Where pple wan run go Uk , u say u wan come naija, 2 saddddddddd
Re: Career In Naija? by freelance(m): 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2006
yes guy. better start in uk and after gathering anuff experience and having anuff qualifications you can come back and be a champion here. no doubt u can still come back to naija later but dont there start from here.safe and wish you all the best.

(1) (Reply)

Prospects Of A Master's Degree In Information Technology / Mart-linc Nig Ltd Is Recruiting Independent Marketers Nation Wide / Bank Financial Statements And Researchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.