Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! (2003 Views)

What Are Some Best Kept Secrets Of Air Travel? / Kerosene Likely Cause Of Air Crashes – Otedola / Retro Photos From The Golden Age Of Air Travel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by fadconsult(m): 10:09am On Jan 26, 2015
i didn't know that booking a flight with an Irresponsible Airline like Discovery Airline will result and cost me this much, i wanted to see my family and relatives last year December 2014, so i booked AERO CONTRACTOR (to i.e for Abuja to Lagos) and DISCOVERY AIRLINE on the 17th DEC 2014 (fro i.e Lagos back to Abuja on the 27th DEC 2014) ,i had no problem with aero contractor cos they kept to their own part by taking me to Lagos, after celebrating the Christmas with family and friends i got a text from discovery airline on the 25th Dec 2014 that due to routine maintenance the next day flight will be cancelled, i didn't bother because mine was 27th,
on getting to the MMA 2, i found out that none of their officials was on the counter/checking table, i was surprise,though it was not only me,alot of us were surprise because we are all kind of stranded in lagos and no single official of discovery airline came to even address us, they all absconded and left their passenger in confusion, i went to NCAA office in the airport and reported the matter,one Hajia Mahoud (NCAA official) took down my complain and filed the report and she promised a refund and compensation will be paid, i had to solicit and borrow money to come back to abuja that same day,
on getting to abuja i visited discovery airline office at abuja airport the next day( that took me about 30minutes drive from where i live with toll gate fee),to my greatest surprise their staff were even lamenting on how their salary as not been paid, so i went to NCAA office in the same abuja airport, one Mr Mahmoud(08055273250) promised that they will take the matter up and i will be refunded and compensated,i was also made to fill another complain form, do you konw that till am writing this to all readers,i havent heard from both parties(Discovery Airline and NCAA) i thought NCAA was set up to fight passenger right,i haven't collected my 12k back neither has anyone of them contacted me.i see discovery airline as a fraudulent and irresponsible airline. i need to let people know, so that they don't fall victim of this fraud of an airline. its not because of my 12k,at least since then i didnt die normal activity and taking care of my famiy continued, i just surprised that service not rendered was not refunded ha vent collected money(i.e its tantamount to 419).
Here are the details to my Claims.

Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by blackjack21(m): 10:20am On Jan 26, 2015
Sorry mate.
That why I always advice people to buy a private jet
grin

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by tdayof(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
There are a lot of complain about this airline on Nairaland sad
Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by good4all: 1:03am On Jan 29, 2015
Did same to me and my friend it was a very painful event
Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by tariy: 6:21am On Jan 29, 2015
I had same issue we paid 24k lagos to abuja flight and we havent been refunded to ooooo after filling form..
Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by otokx(m): 7:20am On Jan 29, 2015
The airline is having serious issues.
Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by CoCoLav(f): 10:05am On Mar 12, 2015
If I tell you what this stup.id airline did to me ehn!
I can never advise my enemy to fly discovery airline. They are a bunch of sick psychos, infact they are a huge joke!

At least they even informed you that your flight has been cancelled, they didn't inform me! I got to the airport and they shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. The other one was like 'Mariam, shey you no send the text message ni, and the Mariam responded...I no sure ooo." Like WTF!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by Nobody: 2:07am On Mar 13, 2015
CoCoLav:
If I tell you what this stup.id airline did to me ehn!
I can never advise my enemy to fly discovery airline. They are a bunch of sick psychos, infact they are a huge joke!

At least they even informed you that your flight has been cancelled, they didn't inform me! I got to the airport and they shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. The other one was like 'Mariam, shey you no send the text message ni, and the Mariam responded...I no sure ooo." Like WTF!
airline staff dey talk that?

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Air Discovery Airline!!! by gnykelly(m): 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
this airline has just one or two aircraft. and they are overstretched. you guys should always do background check on anything in Nigeria before going for it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bus Stops From Ikeja To Egbeda(to & Fro) / Urgent Uk Visa Extension Advice / Canada's Post Graduate Work Permit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.