Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,237 members, 7,825,919 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? (975 Views)

How To Create And Convert Videos To Whatsapp Gifs On Your Smartphone / I Prefer BBM To Whatsapp!!! / BBM To Allow Users Customize Their PINS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by boluyongp(m): 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a whatsapp user, but I've noticed that when I have a new user on my list, they ask me almost immidiately if I'm on BBM.

Pls, what's so different with BBM?

Thanks!
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by SeverusSnape(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2015
I personally prefer whatsapp.
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
It's all about preferences
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by boluyongp(m): 12:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I personally prefer whatsapp.

Me too
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by boluyongp(m): 12:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
hajruna:
It's all about preferences

You are right.
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by nani667: 3:03pm On Jan 26, 2015
Both are okay ✔

Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
boluyongp:
Hi Nairalanders,

I am a whatsapp user, but I've noticed that when I have a new user on my list, they ask me almost immidiately if I'm on BBM.

Pls, what's so different with BBM?

Thanks!
the following are some of the reasons
1. full privacy: for example you can decide to accept your friends as you don't receive anyhow messages.
2. Transfer of application; you can send PDF files,documents, applications on your phone
3. sharing phone numbers: instead of my phone number I can share my bbm pin to anyone in the world.
that doesn't mean whatsapp isn't good but the privacy aspect where anyone can send you message before you block them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by emperorizzy(m): 4:10pm On Jan 26, 2015
You could say privacy, preference etc, but one thing is sure, it's because android users have been bbm-starved, and the bb users are too used to bbm
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
for me,its bbm,its more interactive,but whatsapp is like u are forcing somebody to chat...lol
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
emperorizzy:
You could say privacy, preference etc, but one thing is sure, it's because android users have been bbm-starved, and the bb users are too used to bbm
That's true. There are other features too that were added to bbm : show what am listening to and what others are listening. secondly bbm channel where you can broadcast news and sell things when they click on your channel. with time it might take over Facebook
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by emperorizzy(m): 5:17pm On Jan 26, 2015
asuustrike2009:

That's true. There are other features too that were added to bbm : show what am listening to and what others are listening. secondly bbm channel where you can broadcast news and sell things when they click on your channel. with time it might take over Facebook
word! It was rumored that bbm will be sold or is it blackberry. I don't think bbm would recover from their selling of "bbm" app to Android, ios and Microsoft. It may not take over Facebook, but I'm so sure that if it becomes multi-platformed like whatsapp, it'll swallow whatsapp
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 26, 2015
emperorizzy:
word! It was rumored that bbm will be sold or is it blackberry. I don't think bbm would recover from their selling of "bbm" app to Android, ios and Microsoft. It may not take over Facebook, but I'm so sure that if it becomes multi-platformed like whatsapp, it'll swallow whatsapp
it's already a multi platform.
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by boluyongp(m): 11:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Thank you all for your contributions.
Re: Why Do People Prefer BBM To Whatsapp? by aliyug79: 1:11am On Jan 28, 2015
BUY MTN DATA SHARED FOR ANDROID AND BB 10 @ CHEAPER RATE:
1GB...1200 NAIRA
2GB...2400 NAIRA
3GB ...3600 NAIRA.
Call 08053635768 & 08143285527.
thankz.

(1) (Reply)

How I Can Reduce My 3G To 2G Network / Slot Systems, Matrix Begin Phone Trade-in-program / Thread For Injoo Fire Users!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.