Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? (1645 Views)

PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Were Ancient Egyptians Fair Or Dark Skinned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? by huxley(m): 10:29pm On Dec 24, 2008
What were the crimes for which Jesus was arrested, tried and convicted to be crucified on the cross? Do you think he was innocent or guilty of said crimes?
Re: The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? by Omonla(f): 5:01am On Dec 25, 2008
And you care about His innocence/guilt because? Your posts indicate that you hold Jesus in disdain. That's cool. Freedom of choice, God gives.

Your answer is in the Bible - But I bet you've read it so many times, but the only ideas that have jumped out at you, are your own understanding.

If you are unable to find the answers to your questions in the Bible without being critical about what you read every time, or attempting to discredit, then - Nobody here can help you find what you are looking for.

Clearly, you read the Bible. Or excerpts of it. You are not understanding, or at least, that is not your goal. None of us can reason with God. We ain't smart enough.
Re: The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? by huxley(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2008
Omonla:

And you care about His innocence/guilt because? Your posts indicate that you hold Jesus in disdain. That's cool. Freedom of choice, God gives.

Your answer is in the Bible - But I bet you've read it so many times, but the only ideas that have jumped out at you, are your own understanding.

If you are unable to find the answers to your questions in the Bible without being critical about what you read every time, or attempting to discredit, then - Nobody here can help you find what you are looking for.

Clearly, you read the Bible. Or excerpts of it. You are not understanding, or at least, that is not your goal. None of us can reason with God. We ain't smart enough.

You are probably right that I am not smart enough, and I wonder whether that is what is hindering my understanding of the narrative.

As a smart person, the answers to these questions may come easily. Alas not for me. So could you please oblige me and relieve me of my lack of understanding, for is the only Christian thing to do.
Re: The Trial Of Jesus - Fair Or Unfair? Lawful Or Unlawful? by Omonla(f): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2008
huxley:

You are probably right that I am not smart enough, and I wonder whether that is what is hindering my understanding of the narrative.

As a smart person, the answers to these questions may come easily.  Alas not for me.  So could you please oblige me and relieve me of my lack of understanding, for is the only Christian thing to do.

Thanks for calling me a smart person. But you see, that is exactly what I am saying. I never called myself smart. I specifically indicated that we are both not smart enough for God. Again, depicts that your understanding is clouded. Just as your posts reveal that your reasoning is disdainful of all things Jesus and therefore, clouded. You are only trying to pick apart flawed logic to convince yourself of your way of life that does not include God. It is quite unfortunate.

If that is the case, why do you think I owe you a Christian duty to explain God? Like I said in previous threads to atheists/agnostics, I have no concern for your welfare, or whether you shun God. Whether you decide to believe or not does not diminish His existence, or Who He is.  It does not diminish my knowledge of His existence, a fact that will be lost on you because it is written, "They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts."

I do not spoon feed anti-God proponents on God's existence. I talk about what I know, and do not care if you try to feed off your darkened understanding with it. It will be a futile feeding on your part.

If you still have people telling you about Him, consider yourself fortunate, even in the midst of your mockery. There will come a time when you will no longer get that privilege in this life.

All the best with your search for Jesus' truth. Maybe you will find it before death.

(1) (Reply)

Muhammad(saw) In The Bible. / God Is Become like an Old Man and i think Thats Why The World Has Gone Gaga / If You Were God, Would It Bother You For People Not To Know You Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.