Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath (846 Views)

What Causes Your Bad Breath? / I'm Dying Of Social Killer(bad Breath) / Top Remedies To Get Rid Of Bad Breath ( Mouth Odour ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath by Penboy: 11:34am On Jan 27, 2015
Most of us have that "one-person" around that brings out foul odour from his mouth; be it friends, colleagues, lecturers or even spouse. Others might actually be that "one-person" as aforementioned. If you fall in the later category, just sit back and relax because you're about to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

1).Clean your mouth
thoroughly and regularly!

Cleaning your mouth regularly and thoroughly includes;

i. Brushing; always remember to brush atleast twice a day. And when you do, do not brush "jagra-jagra. Brushing has a regular pattern. The kind of toothpaste you use matters a lot. I saw an advert of a two-for-N20 paste some time ago. You definitely want to avoid those.

ii. tongue cleaning; many people are just concerned about brushing the teeth alone. Surprisingly, bad breath actually starts from the tongue. Clean your tongue while brushing, it helps.

iii. Flossing; the tooth brush cannot get to every point within the mouty; therfore, flossing is encouraged. *when last did i floss? grin #Scratches head*

2). Keep your mouth
moisturized.
A dry mouth
is a stinky mouth. That's why
your breath is worse in the
morning; your mouth produces
less saliva as you sleep. Keeping your mouth wet includes;

i. Chewing gum yeah, since Chewing gums increase saliva production in the mouth. *but am not referring to all these N5 N5 gums ooo* tongue

ii. Drinking water it may not increase saliva production but it'll wash out particles causing bad breath from your teeth and mouth.

3). Eat a banana. Did you know that banana contains an active ingredient which helps fight against bad breath?
°In addition, fruits with
high vitamin C content
will help you fight
potentially harmful
bacteria, which can be a
cause of bad breath.
Oranges, apples are but few examples.

4). Talk to a doctor(dentist)
If you've followed the above steps
diligently and the bad breath persists, you may have a medical issue that needs to be
treated.

Reference: wikihow.com, Wikipedia.com
Compiled by Dr. Precious

Fact: many people with bad breath are not aware that they have the condition.

Tip lick your wrist or the back of your palm with your tongue and smell it. That's probably how your breath smells
Cc Sissy3 , dominique

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Drinking Water On An Empty Stomach / Good Health / 10 Warning Signs That Your Kidneys May Be Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.