Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,211 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

What Causes Your Bad Breath? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Causes Your Bad Breath? (33005 Views)

What Your Breath May Say About Your Health / HELP! Bad Breath Is Ruining My Social Life! / See The Cause Of Your Bad Breath, Remove This And Solve The Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Bad breath, medically called halitosis, can result from poor dental health habits and may be a sign of other health problems. Bad breath can also be made worse by the types of foods you eat and other unhealthy lifestyle habits.

Causes
Most bad breath starts in your mouth, and there are many possible causes. They include:
1. Food
The breakdown of food particles in and around your teeth can increase bacteria and cause a foul odor. Eating certain foods, such as onions, garlic and spices, also can cause bad breath. After you digest these foods, they enter your bloodstream, are carried to your lungs and affect your breath.
2.Tobacco products
Smoking causes its own unpleasant mouth odor. Smokers and oral tobacco users are also more likely to have gum disease, another source of bad breath.
3.Poor dental hygiene
If you don't brush and floss daily, food particles remain in your mouth, causing bad breath. A colorless, sticky film of bacteria (plaque) forms on your teeth. If not brushed away, plaque can irritate your gums and eventually form plaque-filled pockets between your teeth and gums (periodontitis). Your tongue also can trap bacteria that produce odors. Dentures that aren't cleaned regularly or don't fit properly can harbor odor-causing bacteria and food particles.
4. Dry mouth
Saliva helps cleanse your mouth, removing particles that cause bad odors. A condition called dry mouth or xerostomia can contribute to bad breath because production of saliva is decreased. Dry mouth naturally occurs during sleep, leading to "morning breath," and it worsens if you sleep with your mouth open. Chronic dry mouth can be caused by a problem with your salivary glands and some diseases.
5. Medications
Some medications can indirectly produce bad breath by contributing to dry mouth. Others can be broken down in the body to release chemicals that can be carried on your breath.
6.Infections in your mouth
Bad breath can be caused by surgical wounds after oral surgery, such as tooth removal, or as a result of tooth decay, gum disease or mouth sores.
7.Other mouth, nose and throat conditions
Bad breath can occasionally stem from small stones that form in the tonsils and are covered with bacteria that produce odor. Infections or chronic inflammation in the nose, sinuses or throat, which can contribute to postnasal drip, also can cause bad breath.
8.Other causes
Diseases, such as some cancers, and conditions such as metabolic disorders, can cause a distinctive breath odor as a result of chemicals they produce.

http://afolabibayor..com/2017/02/what-causes-bad-breath.html?spref=tw

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by veekid(m): 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2017

in 2face own voice "no b small thing o"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by korel9: 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
This kid above me sef, isn't it time for bedtime stories?

And you, first for your mind ko?

ahahnow:
First

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Jeffrey12(m): 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
OP. some people own na natural oo

1 Like

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by ahahnow: 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
Fourth. Thank you mum and dad for bringing me into this life to come fourth place in this thread. I hope you are proud of me. I want to use this opportunity to thank my fans for encouraging me to never give up on my dreams and I want to thank my haters too for making me stronger. Thank you God for your endless support. I love you all. One love.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by ALAYORMII: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Rotten teeth (eyin gworo)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Azeequeen(f): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Whatever the reason,bad breath is really really really baddd
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by kajsa08: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
ok
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by deeplow: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
The hardest thing to do in life? That's pretending like the person talking to you doesn't have a mouth that smells like decayed Titus.

8 Likes

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by yungengr(m): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Johnheir2(m): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
ok
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by tolguy(m): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
africans
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by nazeefsco(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nice work op....thanks for sharing
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by DancingSkeleton(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
deeplow:
The hardest thing to do in life? That's pretending like the person talking to you doesn't have a mouth that smells like decayed Titus.
jesu kristi shocked

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by faradexs09(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Na true ...
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by tasceige(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good write up..
There is this gurl having this issue sometimes ago in my place of work..

Told her to stop eating late also to brush her teeth morning & night.. Told her scrubbing and brushing her tongue is a must.

3rd day I felt so convinient hearing from her.

Plus it saved her dieing relationship.

3 Likes

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by canalily(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
So u dnt knw that sucking pus*sy causes thatundecided

1 Like

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Flexherbal(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nice one!
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by bukkielee(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Oloriburuku smelling boys with their smelly mouth, they will still be forming big boys. Chaaaai
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by LAFO: 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
wink
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Johnsown1(m): 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ok, i do brush ma teeth three times daily.
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by sweatlana: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
What's the cure?

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
Some people mouth dey smell from afar. I no joke o. The thing dey burst my head. angry
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by mindurbiz(m): 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
hmmn ....sule mouth

2 Shares

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
Many people have bad breath, I do tell anyone that have it to visit a dentist or he shouldn't talk to me at least, I can't bear to perceive that "rotten-fish" kind of smell angry.
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by Olasco93: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2017
The main cause of bad breath is that some people do not Brush/Wash their Tongue, mostly after eating awuff food.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by brownsug(f): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
Guy,u re funny

quote author=ahahnow post=54216097]Fourth. Thank you mum and dad for bringing me into this life to come fourth place in this thread. I hope you are proud of me. I want to use this opportunity to thank my fans for encouraging me to never give up on my dreams and I want to thank my haters too for making me stronger. Thank you God for your endless support. I love you all. One love.[/quote]
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by lloydpras: 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
ahahnow:
Fourth. Thank you mum and dad for bringing me into this life to come fourth place in this thread. I hope you are proud of me. I want to use this opportunity to thank my fans for encouraging me to never give up on my dreams and I want to thank my haters too for making me stronger. Thank you God for your endless support. I love you all. One love.

Na so crase dey start! undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by seunlly(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2017
I have a question.
can someone inherit bad odour
Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by slurryeye: 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
If some people open their mouth beside you like this cry, your breathe will pause for a minute grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by hefelove(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
ahahnow:
u forgot to say u are an Arsenal fan.

Meanwhile I have a product that cures mouth odour o, 100% natural

1 Like

Re: What Causes Your Bad Breath? by jericco1(m): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hate it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MouthAction Is Now The Leading Risk Factor For Throat Cancer / Second-Degree Burn Survivor Shares Before And After Photos / Nigerian Man Dies Midair On His Way To France For Medical Checkup. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.