Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! (41978 Views)

How To Write CV If You Have No Work Experience - EDUREGARD / Complete Step By Step Guide To Writing A Successful CV (with Screenshots) / Here's What A job-winning One-page CV Looks Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by kingstylo01(m): 8:32am On Jan 28, 2015
Nice
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2015
Bros you tight sha
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Jchi9876: 8:33am On Jan 28, 2015
Imanuelle:
Excellent CV na referral and connection,

Others na possible suya paper, worse still, them shait for bush and use am clean nyassh

Na God dey give the work.

Use am do rizzler for weed too shocked
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 28, 2015
Sanchez01:

I was enjoying the posts until I got to yours. Bro, you no well, abeg!!! grin grin grin

Like I wrote on my 2nd post, the analysis and structure of the CV looks cool.

1 Like

Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 28, 2015
Jchi9876:

Use am do rizzler for weed too shocked

E dey happen.
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Jchi9876: 8:35am On Jan 28, 2015
Imanuelle:

E dey happen.

I dey tell u

1 Like

Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by kings009(m): 8:39am On Jan 28, 2015
This is beautiful! I wish up to 70% of our graduates read things like this and try to improve themselves rather than depending on shabbily written "Don't hire me" papers. Nice one @ op.
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Sanchez01: 8:44am On Jan 28, 2015
Imanuelle:

Like I wrote on my 2nd post, the analysis and structure of the CV looks cool.
True, I agree.

1 Like

Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by okakpu24: 8:45am On Jan 28, 2015
Send a sample CV engineering mY email is uchedigital2@yahoo.com
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by dljbd1(m): 8:45am On Jan 28, 2015
Fervidly following this thread
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 28, 2015
Great CV tips...
But please note that CVs are somehow geographical location specific...
I think that is an ideal UK/Western world CV sample.... The author is probably from that region (no body wants to know about your sex or date of birth)

I know in nja they want to know your sex and date of birth so for our CV I will suggest you just chip in your date of birth and sex somewhere around 1/2....

2 Likes

Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 28, 2015
Clear and concise
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Haishophem(m): 8:51am On Jan 28, 2015
Esmeraldus:
Thank you for the tip off. Now i know how to arrange my CV. Please could you give a sample of a customer care Cv.

@Esmeraldus: I believe the explanation given by the Op is enough.....the resume format given should be helpful....imagine the number of samples to be given if lots of people are to request for a sample for different posts.
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by emma4ph: 8:56am On Jan 28, 2015
could u pls send me a standard format of a customer service officer cv? emma4ph@ymail.com
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by macsilver(m): 8:57am On Jan 28, 2015
Nice one op, but can u kindly send me a sample for customer care staff via pm, i'm a little clueless... *covers face*
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by seedbaba(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2015
Thanks OP.. God bless u
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Sike(m): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2015
Wow! This is inviting!
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by RaphaeloBurgess: 9:05am On Jan 28, 2015
Nice write up. Can you please give a sample of CV for a Registered Town Planner.
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by MightyFortress: 9:08am On Jan 28, 2015
Cool job, OP.
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by abpotato: 9:10am On Jan 28, 2015
Pls can u send me any profesional CV pls my email. Abpotato09@yahoo.com
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Yankee01: 9:27am On Jan 28, 2015
Kool!
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by frfrank(m): 10:06am On Jan 28, 2015
moderatorr1:
cool, if you know the employer, the CV is just a paper. Work through your uncle or some friend to the employer. on the day of the interview, you can even be on shorts and T-shirt.

guy your head dey there
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by 2nex(m): 11:04am On Jan 28, 2015
...nice post
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by MrHighSea: 11:38am On Jan 28, 2015
Knowledge shared, timely update on global issues, LOLs, mental optimization, Debates, etc. The NL i know. Thumbs up ops.
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Acegoals: 11:39am On Jan 28, 2015
OP I really want to commend you for a very nice job! Weldone.

But I will like to state that this format is a RESUME and not a CV. The different between the two is simple: RESUME is tailored to the job, the specific job while a CV is a chronological presentation of your experience, skills and YOU!

For all reading, please re-read the OP's writeup again and you'll agree with me that the OP only used 'CV' once! All through, the word 'Resume' is being used.

Check out the link where the OP copied the write up from. It say 'How an excellent RESUME' looks like...' and not 'How an excellent CV looks like...'

The title of this post should be edited so that readers will stop being MIS-LED. This post is correct for RESUMEs and not for CVs.

This is Nigeria, do not present this for any job vacancy that says 'send or submit your CV' you'll be shoved aside. However always be mindful of what is used in a vacancy advert. Some multinational companies like those of the UN (UNICEF, UNESCO, UNDP) may require RESUME. Be wise! Really experienced positions do require a resume but if you're just starting out and not up to 5, 7 or 10 years, don't think of a resume. Follow what the Job Advert says.

@Acegoals, we do our best to give you all the necessary information to ACE that goal of yours in getting a job. We are committed to that cause.

Special plea to seun and mods of this section. Please I'm sorry again for the links included on my suspended thread 'Unadvertised Job Vacancies for Today'. Kindly restore it and all perceived 'spam' links shall be removed as I could not totally do it the last time it was temporarily restored before the system logged me out. People are seriously missing out on some positions I have which would not ordinarily be found on jobs websites because they're from HR friends in other companies and I do not want to open another thread. THANK YOU!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by slimkay83(m): 12:22pm On Jan 28, 2015
nice writeup
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by FBS: 12:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
Noted!
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 28, 2015
Acegoals:
OP I really want to commend you for a very nice job! Weldone.

But I will like to state that this format is a RESUME and not a CV. The different between the two is simple: RESUME is tailored to the job, the specific job while a CV is a chronological presentation of your experience, skills and YOU!

For all reading, please re-read the OP's writeup again and you'll agree with me that the OP only used 'CV' once! All through, the word 'Resume' is being used.

Check out the link where the OP copied the write up from. It say 'How an excellent RESUME' looks like...' and not 'How an excellent CV looks like...'

The title of this post should be edited so that readers will stop being MIS-LED. This post is correct for RESUMEs and not for CVs.

This is Nigeria, do not present this for any job vacancy that says 'send or submit your CV' you'll be shoved aside. However always be mindful of what is used in a vacancy advert. Some multinational companies like those of the UN (UNICEF, UNESCO, UNDP) may require RESUME. Be wise! Really experienced positions do require a resume but if you're just starting out and not up to 5, 7 or 10 years, don't think of a resume. Follow what the Job Advert says.

@Acegoals, we do our best to give you all the necessary information to ACE that goal of yours in getting a job. We are committed to that cause.

Special plea to seun and mods of this section. Please I'm sorry again for the links included on my suspended thread 'Unadvertised Job Vacancies for Today'. Kindly restore it and all perceived 'spam' links shall be removed as I could not totally do it the last time it was temporarily restored before the system logged me out. People are seriously missing out on some positions I have which would not ordinarily be found on jobs websites because they're from HR friends in other companies and I do not want to open another thread. THANK YOU!!!

Really I don't know if I understood what you just explained here... The way I understood it is that 'A CV Is a general one while a résumé is a tailored CV'

What I know is that in Nigeria the words are used interchangeably..... There is virtually no difference between a CV and a résumé so long as the Nigerian job market is concerned.

Again most articles that talk about CV and résumé usually see the CV as handy when it comes to educational context.. Going for a PHD, educational grants and the likes... while they see résumé as a job search tool.....

In the USA most people refer it as résumé while in the UK most times it is called a CV... The author of that article is not a HR professional or a recruiter, he is an accountant so you don't expect to judge him if he used the word CV or résumé

There is a tailored CV and a general CV. The sample above is for a professional and its a tailored CV.....

Maybe this is how I understand my own, can you please let me know what to do to that sample résumé to make it a CV that will sail through Nigerian job market[b][/b]

2 Likes

Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Mobi47(m): 1:03pm On Jan 28, 2015
ogedanny
so no need for referees, personal details like age; even if the employer states the required age they want? And again wat if one is a fresh graduate without professional experience, but has litle experience maybe as a sales attendant or otherwise, in his or her own shop or elswhere. Shld this also serve as an experience and therefore come before the educational details? Pls answer tnks
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by chiogoezubem(f): 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2015
Nice.
Booked.
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by justmenoni: 1:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
Op you mean if the person is applying for a job in nigeria? cos i know in some european countries specially germany you ened to put your pics on the cv..
Re: What An Excellent CV Looks Like And Know The Reasons Why! by Infoay: 3:02pm On Jan 28, 2015
Good job done by you Op

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Prison Service And Civil Defence Corp / CBN TIES Loans & Grants For Graduates' Smes / Gtbank 2013 CV Submission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.