Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! (40875 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Apply Now For Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment – 2016 / Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
I am sad and unhappy about how a specific Nestle recruitment campaign was handled by Nestle Nigeria. I feel even worse because research have shown that other people have experienced the same treatment. Some have experienced even worse.

I know there are Nestle employees here on Nairaland, so it will do me great joy if someone explains this situation and why Nestle does this.

I applied for an opening late last year with Nestle, luckily for me, I got invited for a Dragnet test which I gladly attended. Fortunately for me, I passed the Dragnet Test.
About a week after receiving a Dragnet success email, I received another invite from Nestle to attend a function based test which I did. Few weeks later, I received another email that I was successful at the Function test.

About 2 weeks later, I received an interview invite mail and call, I was happy at the speed and professionalism of the entire process because I knew no one working with Nestle and I was convinced that the entire process had been outstandingly meritocratic.
I attended the Nestle interview, very few people were present for the interview. I did my very best at the interview and as God will have it, about two weeks later I received a follow up email that I was successful at the interview.
I was very happy because Nestle is a company I have utmost respect for and building my career with such a company was a dream come through.

This is June the 12th, 2015, Its been about 5 months since I received the last interview success mail. I was concerned so I networked with some Nestle staff via LinkedIn.com. To my surprise, I was told some people did medicals and resumed about 3 months ago for the same opening. I was also made to believe that 95% of these people previously worked with Nestle as contract staff, now they have been made full time staff.

I initially felt bad but I also know about other interviewed candidates who received regret mails from Nestle after the interview where I received success mail.

It will be very much appreciated if someone from Nestle explains why this is happening.

Why have I been left in the dark by Nestle?

Why no follow up email has been sent since over 5 months?

What exactly is going on?

Do I still remain positive about being contacted by Nestle?

If possible, Nestle Nigeria HR should look into this because it seems like a very unfair treatment. A follow up correspondence to candidates who will work with you in the future will really ease a lot of tension. It also shows top class professionalism on your part as a company.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by crudemoney: 4:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Job seekers in Nigeria face really tough challanges
whateva b d case, don't give up Op

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
This write up was not intended to paint Nestle in the wrong image but to tell of my experience as it relates to my understanding and verifiable knowledge of the situation.

Maybe it is a branch execution, maybe its a Policy thing....but all I can say it doesn't tell so well.

Look into it!!!...
Especially how contract staff get employed, and the process involved in their transition from contract staff to full time staff.

13 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
crudemoney:
Job seekers in Nigeria face really tough challanges

whateva b d case, don't give up Op
Thanks, I won't give up, I will be great, that's a certainty, just don't want to lose good opportunities because I sat down and didn't ask questions.

10 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by crudemoney: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

Thanks, I won't give up, I will be great, that's a certainty, just don't want to lose good opportunities because I sat down and didn't ask questions.

u r wise,, if we r able to get useful answers to our numerous life questions, life would be more wonderful

I see greatness in u

16 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Now this was what Banky W had in mind when he sang "Strong thing" grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Profitboss(m): 6:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
I'm presently facing the same situation at Telecom company, I wrote the test last October, passed the test and was called for interview last Dec for a Sales position in the far North, unfortunately I couldn't make it because of distance and present work commitment, I was promised to be considered for another location I'd applied for (those location still vacant then). But I was surprised to check the coy website and heard that from an insider that all position have been occupied by contract staff despite my mail reminding and notifying them of my readiness for a chance to be interviewed! The sales vacancy is a job I passionately dreamt of (with my talent in sales/marketing and passion for retail execution) and I have bn praying to secure the job. I will be HAPPY and will welcome the opportunity to work in that sales capacity with the Telecom coy in any location. May God help me to get the job, as I have only 3months validity for my scores to be considered for any other interview.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Beckybeky(f): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
My broda, dat is d situation we ve found ourselves in dis country o.
I started a recruitment journey with one firm since February. I wrote test, I did interview, I did computer proficiency test, and passed all.
They took my credentials including my passports and said we wud be starting latest May 1st.
Dis is June and I have not heard from them. I called but they said they were moving to a new location that I shud not worry they will soon call me.
I'm still waiting sha, but also hustling for other opportunities. Until I sign dat appointment letter, I'm still in d labor market.

My broda keep on hustling and praying. If one door closes, anoda opens.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by bishopjoe02(m): 7:12pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by naturalwaves: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Sorry about your plight OP...that's what most of these firms do particularly those with major shareholders where the slots would have been shared. Nigerian Flourmills and Nigeria Breweries are two other companies I know that do that backdoor recruitment thing even after spanking their tests. Infact, it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get a job on merit in those companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2015
Remain positive OP, I believe you will still be called since you got a success mail from them..

Meanyl, you can contact them through their website. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by MacMaster01(m): 7:23pm On Jun 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by ElDeeVee(m): 7:27pm On Jun 12, 2015
MacMaster01:
lol this reminds me of what General Electric did to 11 of us in January after successful interviews no word from them again.. undecided after telling us we'll be called for medicals the following week.
Lols...na wa o

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by afanide: 7:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
Pls u guy shud source for alternative means.

Imagine wasting 6months waitin for Nestle call up letter? Please i ould advise u consider going into lucrative business that pays off well.

I recommend u go into 'IMPORTATION BUSINESS'. It will change ur life within 3months.

See full details on how it works here
http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

Nathaniel
Port-Harcourt

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by dechidon: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
which position did u apply for? and which of the Nestle factory did u apply?Nestlé Agbara,Nestlé Sagamu and Nestlé Abaji.Remember that Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by bodeoni: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
OP, pls move on. To be candid, Nestle has done nothing wrong here. You said it yourself that the positions have been filled by previous contract staff. I am guessing that was a management decision. It saves on cost.
The job of the HR is to make recomendations. The onus then falls on the management or head of dept to actually take in someone.
Then again, they might have benchmarked you. So don't dispair, you might just get an offer when the next vacant position pops up.

Making it to the interview stage of Nestle and being successful is pretty impressive, it implies you are top notch

Cheers

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by bodeoni: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
OP, pls move on. To be candid, Nestle has done nothing wrong here. You said it yourself that the positions have been filled by previous contract staff. I am guessing that was a management decision. It saves on cost.
The job of the HR is to make recomendations. The onus then falls on the management or head of dept to actually take in someone.
Then again, they might have benchmarked you. So don't dispair, you might just get an offer when the next vacant position pops up.

P.S. Making it to the interview stage of Nestle and being successful is pretty impressive, it implies you are top notch

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by point45(m): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Have you actually tried to reach HR of Nestle? ( and no, the linkedin contacts don't count).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 12, 2015
Profitboss:
I'm presently facing the same situation at MTN, I wrote TMC test last October, passed the test and was called for interview last Dec for a TMC position in the far North, unfortunately I couldn't make it because of distance and present work commitment, I was promised to be considered for another location I'd applied for (those location still vacant then). But I am surprised to check MTN website and heard that from an insider that all position have been occupied by contract staff despite my mail reminding and notifying them of my readiness for a chance to be interviewed! TMC job is a job I passionately dreamt of and have bn praying to secure. May God help me to get the job, as I have only 3months validity for my scores to be considered for any other interview.
So sorry about that, I wish things turn out differently and favorably too.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jun 12, 2015
Beckybeky:
My broda, dat is d situation we ve found ourselves in dis country o.
I started a recruitment journey with one firm since February. I wrote test, I did interview, I did computer proficiency test, and passed all.
They took my credentials including my passports and said we wud be starting latest May 1st.
Dis is June and I have not heard from them. I called but they said they were moving to a new location that I shud not worry they will soon call me.
I'm still waiting sha, but also hustling for other opportunities. Until I sign dat appointment letter, I'm still in d labor market.

My broda keep on hustling and praying. If one door closes, anoda opens.
That's what I'm saying, its just sad. What company is that? Atleast they even had the guts to give you a reason for the delay. Nestle just blanked me out!!!
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
bishopjoe02:
I have applied twice for information technology co-ordinator trainee in Nestlé, no regret or success mail from nestle.
Probably your qualification does not meet the requirements. I don't think nestle sends regret mails except when you have started the recruitment process. Ie Dragnet Test stage.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2015
naturalwaves:
Sorry about your plight OP...that's what most of these firms do particularly those with major shareholders where the slots would have been shared. Nigerian Flourmills and Nigeria Breweries are two other companies I know that do that backdoor recruitment thing even after spanking their tests. Infact, it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to get a job on merit in those companies.
So sad.

Though I know a few people who have got jobs with Nestle on Merit that's why I respect the company and even bother when I notice things like this. I don't believe Nestle will compromise on her integrity that's why I am surprised.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by bishopjoe02(m): 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Remain positive OP, I believe you will still be called since you got a success mail from them..

Meanyl, you can contact them through their website. .
Thanks MarvellousGod, I am positive too that I will be called but I just don't want to sit down without asking probing questions and hear from other people who probably have experienced this from Nestle and how it turned out.

About contacting Nestle, I've done that and I didn't get a single reply. All their HR emails have not replied any of my mails.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
MacMaster01:
lol this reminds me of what General Electric did to 11 of us in January after successful interviews no word from them again.. undecided after telling us we'll be called for medicals the following week.

GE? Those ones are something else. They don't even hide it!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
afanide:
Pls u guy shud source for alternative means.

Imagine wasting 6months waitin for Nestle call up letter? Please i ould advise u consider going into lucrative business that pays off well.

I recommend u go into 'IMPORTATION BUSINESS'. It will change ur life within 3months.

See full details on how it works here
http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

Nathaniel
Port-Harcourt
We have alternative means but there's something called passion, it means something to some of us who still have the luxury of choice. Thanks.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
dechidon:
which position did u apply for? and which of the Nestle factory did u apply?Nestlé Agbara,Nestlé Sagamu and Nestlé Abaji.Remember that Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer.
Thanks, I know Nestle practices strong meritocracy hence this thread because I am surprised as to the handling of my issue.

Its Agbara Factory.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by estacyresource: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2015
Dr. Peace Okonkwo: Wife of TREM founder Bishop Okonkwo, marks 63rd birthday
http://chriistianityupdate..com/2015/06/dr-peace-okonkwo-wife-of-trem-founder.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
bodeoni:

Making it to the interview stage of Nestle and being successful is pretty impressive, it implies you are top notch

Cheers
I am not against having contract staffs employed in place of new intakes. Like you said, it saves cost (which I don't totally agree with tho).
Consider, if you have 5 contract staffs and 5 openings, why will you carry out a recruitment campaign, stress candidates with a dragnet test, a function based test, and an interview, then in the end, you fill the position with the 5 contract staffs.

Then you send interview success mails to about 1 or 2 out of 5 candidates at the interview while the others received regret mails. Those that received success mails are then left in the dark without any form of correspondence or explanation as to their current stand with your company.

Its just unethical. a simple email or even a reply to inquiries is very professional and standard.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
point45:
Have you actually tried to reach HR of Nestle? ( and no, the linkedin contacts don't count).
Yes I have mailed all their HR contacts that I have, none of them replied.

Will probably put a call through.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
bishopjoe02:

I doubt that. even a thread was created for that position in nairaland. no feedback from Nestlé for everyone in that thread
Wow, probably the opening was filled via head hunting or other means. Atleast you didn't start the recruitment process with Nestle. No dragnet test, no function test, no interview(s).... I did all this and got success mails for all...yet I've been left in the dark.
You could also login to the Nestle job portal to check the status of the application you submitted if it has been declined. Mine has been pending.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ICSL Ongoing Recruitment - Apply Now / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.