Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,813 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story (3060 Views)

How Libyan officials raped us', stranded Nigerians narrated ordeal / Nigerians Left Stranded In Italy After Surviving Gas Explosion- Hear Their Story / Whats Your Story..... Nothing Last Forever. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Odillz: 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2015
Sometime last year,I went for a leadership programme (which I took about 5 people along)at Ogudu...The programme ended and we (the facilitators) were to wait behind for a meeting so I made sure the people that came with me got a space in the BRT that brought us (the programme was co-sponsored by Lagos state and they made provision for transportation).....
I had the hope that N500 (which was supposed to take me home since I didn't follow the BRT) was resting in my jean pocket..But alas,the meeting ended and I started my journey to the bustop at Ojota to board a bus to Berger..

I got to the bustop and dip'd my hand to recheck the availability,but didn't find anything sad.

I think go left,think go rightembarassed...How and when on earth would I get to Magodo on foot and with high heels
It was obvious I had misplaced the money so I gently removed my shoes and started the unsolicited legging embarassed.
Better heat do my ancestors that day grin.
When any brother pass my side e go be like say make I beg am for money grin sad angry...
I started feeling grateful for having seen an avenue of sending people's children home and in peace smiley..I even started thanking and begging God to send a helper sad,but for wia undecided,7:49pm I still dey Agidingbi dey trek angry.
Then miraculously,a car pulled by only for the guy to tell me that he would take me to his house first (to do what kwanu undecided),before driving me to Magodo...

I refused and he said,"I'll give you N5000",na there I increase my pace o shocked......I got home by 9:54pm

Anyway sha,gif us ya own gist smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by BokoHaramm: 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
No matter how much you trek, you can never out trek GMB who has been trekking since 2003 just to enter Aso rock. *E never reach sef.*
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by iceberylin(m): 7:07pm On Jan 27, 2015
Jesus!!!!
Mosses na your forefather undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by prettyjo(f): 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
let me think
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 27, 2015
lols, funny experience you had.

I had a similar experience once. I went to Ariaria market, that was my first time there - after pricing the weave, I reached for my bag to pay...I didn't see my wallet. I shouted..."Aba done guy me" (in igbo).

I was putting on a gown, so I knew there was no money on my body. Had to find my way outta the big market on foot. Considering how Aba is, you can't just ask anyone for money. So, I kept trekking (now on the road)- hoping to meet a civil human I can beg....lolz.

That was how one correct car pulled over, a young guy came out and said "where exactly are you trekking to?" hahaha, he claimed he saw me trek pass when he was pumping his tyres and I am still trekking.

I told him I lost my wallet, he said "lemme drop you off" and I was so quick to say "I am married, Sir" - he said Yessss!, I saw that....I am married too.

Got home and told my hubby @ night...he teased me that I should thankGod no be ritualist.

Oh, I forgot to add...the wallet and my phones were waiting for me on the kitchen cabinet, I forgot them. grin

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 27, 2015
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
but @OP

What is Romantic about being stranded?

Why do people think it's ideal to "dump" every topic in Romance section?
This should be in Travel section -I think.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Odillz: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I had a similar experience once. I went to Ariaria market, that was my first time there - after pricing the weave, I reached for my bag to pay...I didn't see my wallet. I shouted..."Aba done guy me" (in igbo).

I was putting on a gown, so I knew there was no money on my body. Had to find my way outta the big market on foot. Considering how Aba is, you can't just ask anyone for money. So, I kept trekking (now on the road)- hoping to meet a civil human I can beg....lolz.

That was how one correct car pulled over, a young guy came out and said "where exactly are you trekking to?" hahaha, he claimed he saw me trek pass when he was pumping his tyres and I am still trekking.

I told him I lost my wallet, he said "lemme drop you off"[size=16pt] and I was so quick to say "I am married, Sir"[/size] - he said Yessss!, I saw that....I am married too.

Got home and told my hubby @ night...he teased me that I should thankGod no be ritualist.

Oh, I forgot to add...the wallet and my phones were waiting for me on the kitchen cabinet, I forgot them. grin
This only happens when you are happily married..Give your hubby a kiss for me smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by 30secs(m): 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Shey na romance topic be dis ni? Cos me I confuse.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Odillz:

This only happens when you are happily married..Give your hubby a kiss for me smiley

lols.
I will give him the kiss, though I just make it a routine to remind Aba men - even @ that they don't believe. angry

There was a guy I told once, the way he screeched his tyres and sped off ehn ...I say e be like one man done beat am for carrying his wife o.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Odillz: 7:54pm On Jan 27, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
but @OP

What is Romantic about being stranded?

Why do people think it's ideal to "dump" every topic in Romance section?
This should be in Travel section -I think.
It was a mistake.
[size=18pt]MODS PLEASE HELP MOVE TO WHERE APPROPRIATE[/size]
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

grin grin grin i don laff die grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 27, 2015
Odillz you will not want to hear my own....you go pity me I swear. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by alberto2k(m): 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
Just came here to read comments grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
Odillz:

It was a mistake.
[size=18pt]MODS PLEASE HELP MOVE TO WHERE APPROPRIATE[/size]

lols.
It's okay babe, they would move it.
Cc: Pasqal09
Farano
Lalasticlala... please help us. smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by mrkay101(m): 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2015
so na only babes dey get stranded.. typical tongue tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Odillz: 8:06pm On Jan 27, 2015
Herzumpther:
Odillz you will not want to hear my own....you go pity me I swear. grin
Sweerie share na cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by jmoore(m): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2015
I think the only time I was stranded was when I was returning from Anambra to Aba with my Dad. He was the one behind the wheel.

It was getting late in the evening as we approached Aba, then the car broke down. For those who are familiar with Aba-Enugu expressway, our car broke down some miles before Tonimas factory. There was no hope of getting a mechanic and leaving the car there was risky.

My Dad and I started to push the car. We kept pushing and pushing, till we got to Enyimba junction near Ariaria market. I think that should be around after 10pm . We tried to push the car across to the next lane but it got stuck, so my Dad left to call my siblings in the house while I stayed in the car. They finally came few minutes later and we pushed the car straight to our house.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2015
Odillz:

Sweerie share na cheesy
Lol OK.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by sholikay(m): 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
I can't 4get d day i was travelling back home(lagos) from skul(ibadan),i was stil in d bus,planning on how to get a bank,where i'm going to withdraw d last 1k out of 1012 naira remaining in my acct,so as to take me home(badagry) from oshodi park,which is d bus final destinatn.it was wen we almost got to redeemed camp,dat was wen d unexpected happened,my phone just beeped ''pom pom!..pom pom!!'' thinking it was dose mumu network provider useless msg,i decided to ignore it,we were almost close to berger,when my dad called to knw were i've gotten to,after d call,i decided to even check d msg,dat was wen i saw ''GTBANK'' i was joyous thinking sum1 has sent me money,i got d shock of my life wen i opened d msg and i saw ''dear valued customer,25naira has been deducted from ur acct for ur monthly sms alert.available balance is #987.00 naira.'' na dat time i kum knw say d person wey dy do me don resume o..chai!. Naso i trek am from oshodi park, reach iyana iba,(4 hrs trekking),b4 i went to my relatives around dere for t.fare to take me to badagry..mhen God punish Gtbank for me dat day o,kuz had it been i fit get dm i fit kill dm,and dey av already closed for d day,wen i was like trying to go and atleast withdraw like 900 naira with withdrawal method..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Kazrem(m): 8:37pm On Jan 27, 2015
brito:
I had same experience last year, I went to school on that faithful day and a friend of mine asked me to stop by. Na there problem start. it was getting dark so I decided to take my leave. immediately I left it starts raining , I entered keke, when it was time to pay I can't find my money and I need about #300 to take me home, I have just one option begging. I met the first guy explained to him and he said, baby you look beautiful I was so afraid cos I'm far from home. I met the second guy and he gave the money, I couldn't stop thanking him. I got home around 10pm, took my bath and went to bed. it was later I saw the money in the bag.
Eh? Mouth opened.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
It was after my NYSC orientation camp, I reported to my PPA, did all I was suppose to and even paid for my accommodation. I was left with very little money I then decided to visit awka. I got to the park and I was told the bus fee was two thousand fifty naira. I pleaded with the driver that I had only 2000 with me and he said no problem then collected the money from me. He told me not to worry that awka was his last bus stop... I was happy eh grin grin on getting to upper iweka he dropped all of us...Odillz it was as if they slapped confusion into my eyes cheesy I didn't know anybody in Onitsha. I decided to locate a catholic church and seek for help. I was able to locate a noviciate, the Reverend sister I met started blasting me, I was on my kaki trouser, cap, jacket and NACC crested shirt. She said they don't wear trouser there, that I would have fought with the driver and people will gather... That I'm not smart because I allowed the driver to go....me wey no dey like wahala grin cheesy....she said a lot Odillz and as she was busy blasting me, it started raining heavily. I was inside the rain but she kept blasting me, I told her thank you, lifted my bag and placed it on my head then headed back to upper iweka and it was already past 8 o. On getting to upper iweka I noticed there was a patrol vehicle belonging to Nigeria army parked just under the bridge so I walked up to them and explained to them. Their leader gave me 2000 naira to continue my journey. I was so happy. Just then I saw a bus to awka for 700 naira and that was how I completed my trip o.

Odillz it was not funny that day.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Odillz: 9:48pm On Jan 27, 2015
Herzumpther:
It was after my NYSC orientation camp, I reported to my PPA, did all I was suppose to and even paid for my accommodation. I was left with very little money I then decided to visit awka. I got to the park and I was told the bus fee was two thousand fifty naira. I pleaded with the driver that I had only 2000 with me and he said no problem then collected the money from me. He told me not to worry that awka was his last bus stop... I was happy eh grin grin on getting to upper iweka he dropped all of us...Odillz it was as if they slapped confusion into my eyes cheesy I didn't know anybody in Onitsha. I decided to locate a catholic church and seek for help. I was able to locate a noviciate, the Reverend sister I met started blasting me, I was on my kaki trouser, cap, jacket and NACC crested shirt. She said they don't wear trouser there, that I would have fought with the driver and people will gather... That I'm not smart because I allowed the driver to go....me wey no dey like wahala grin cheesy....she said a lot Odillz and as she was busy blasting me, it started raining heavily. I was inside the rain but she kept blasting me, I told her thank you, lifted my bag and placed it on my head then headed back to upper iweka and it was already past 8 o. On getting to upper iweka I noticed there was a patrol vehicle belonging to Nigeria army parked just under the bridge so I walked up to them and explained to them. Their leader gave me 2000 naira to continue my journey. I was so happy. Just then I saw a bus to awka for 700 naira and that was how I completed my trip o.

Odillz it was not funny that day.
grin grin
I just had to laugh grin
I can imagine you and your bag on your head tongue grin
So sorry smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2015
Odillz:

grin grin
I just had to laugh grin
I can imagine you and your bag on your head tongue grin
So sorry smiley
My dear I had to carry it on my head like that, I had no choice as I was also in tears. Thank God I had my kaki on. sad

When ever I remember it I still cry.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Odillz: 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
Herzumpther:
My dear I had to carry it on my head like that, I had no choice as I was also in tears. Thank God I had my kaki on. sad

Awww
somepeople are heartless
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by crazyawesome911(m): 10:36pm On Jan 27, 2015
I'm currently stranded and its not Funny at all, I'm supposed to leave for home from my school in warri., but no money to even eat sef
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by jacabi(m): 11:01pm On Jan 27, 2015
Herzumpther:

Chai! Sorry enh! But that woman should have looked for a way to help you. At least she could have helped you call somebody that could assist you.
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2015
jacabi:

Chai! Sorry enh! But that woman should have looked for a way to help you. At least she could have helped you call somebody that could assist you.
Hmmmm I felt the same way too but.....

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by dstnd: 12:06am On Jan 28, 2015
mine was in my dream
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by tellwisdom: 3:27am On Jan 28, 2015
Are you people this poor... why am i seeing 200, 300 and 500 naira??..sad
Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Jamean(f): 6:55am On Jan 28, 2015
Herzumpther your mention of Upper Iweka rings a bell smiley. What else could have taken me to Onitsha if not project work.

I took a bike from Upper Iweka to NSE. On the way, the guy stopped to charge his phone at a phone charging kiosk, unknowing to me that he signaled his partner in crime to trail us.

We got to a 4 junction with traffic light,everyone halted, and that was it. Like magic....necklace, purse I held in my hand was gone. I jumped down in awe, and the bike man fled.

Everybody behaved like nothing happened, only to discover later that it was a norm there. I couldn't even shout or cry 'cause twas like film trick.

A few minutes later, my eye don clear. Searched my bag and found only N60. To take another bike to the place, I was afraid, because they may steal my life this time. I summoned courage, took a bike and got to NSE.

Explaining my ordeal to them there, was when tears flowed freely. Haa! Sorry o, you don't dress chicky to Onitsha, you don't wear gold to Onitsha. undecided

I sha consoled myself, and pleaded to be borrowed money to make my photocopies and go back to school. Thank God they even trusted me enough to borrow me. I came the previous week anyway.

I made A in the project sha. But that will be my last visit to Onitsha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Stranded? Share Your Story by Odillz: 7:02am On Jan 28, 2015
Jamean:
angry
*stretches cane*
Oya undo what you just did angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Brainiest Family In The World - Nigeria's Chris Imafidon Family / The Link Between New Eco Currency And The Mark Of 666 / Who Is Play-boy ?, What Do U Think About Him ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.