Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,127 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out (2520 Views)

Best 100 Companies To Work For In Nigeria - By Jobberman / Choose A Job You Love And You Will Never Have To Work A Day In Your Life / Fine Boy Works At A Lagos Car Wash For A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Emmysteve(m): 9:21am On Jan 28, 2015
An unemployed fitness fanatic who spends four hours a day working out says he claims benefits because he is 'too fit to work'. Kamran Kam, from East London, who receives £72.50 per week in Jobseeker's Allowance, says he has stopped looking for a 9-5 job because the 'boring' lifestyle would interfere with his strict regime.

The 25-year-old even believes the super-fit should receive extra government handouts for staying in shape so they can be 'free of everyday work'.

And he believes his lifestyle is less strain on government resources than those 'overweight people' who are unable to work and 'spend all their benefits on junk food and cigarettes'.

Mr Kam - who already gets half-price gym membership because he is unemployed - said: 'I've had all sorts of jobs, from admin and customer service work, to kitchen and security placements. The problem was, all the positions were way too boring for me.

'Not only that, I wasn't happy about paying taxes that go towards people who are sitting at home all day and making no contribution to society - especially overweight people who spend all their benefits on junk food and cigarettes.
'I, on the other hand, am extremely dedicated to my fitness, and I simply don't have time to waste spending all day doing a monotonous job, so in November last year I decided to give up work altogether.

'I am now happy to say I'm too busy staying fit, doing Kung Fu and loving life to get a 9-5.' He added: 'I don't see why someone of my fitness level and talent should be wasted in an office or shop.'

Mr Kam, who lives with his mother and 27- year-old brother, currently claims £72.40 a week in JSA. But he is openly admits that he is making no effort to get a job, believing that fit people should not have to pay taxes that go towards treating overweight people on the NHS.

He said: 'That's part of the reason I refuse to get a 9-5 job- why should I have to sacrifice my own fitness levels to help pay for lazy people that sit on their backsides eating all day?

'I know some people might say I should go and get a 9-5 job and stop claiming benefits, but I'd bet most of those people cost just as much in NHS fees as I do on jobseekers.

'At the end of the day, I can't remember the last time I went to the doctors, and I live with my mum so I'm not asking for housing either.

'I'm not saying all fat people choose to be that way, but in reality a large proportion of the people who claim benefits are totally wasting government money and have no ambition at all.

'What I'm doing with my life is far more of a testament to my country than pen pushing all day in some office job I don't enjoy.'

He added that the government should give him extra money for staying in shape.

He said: 'The government should give free gym membership and fitness courses - but only to the super-fit.

'It should be totally free really- when you think the government spends £5bn a year on tackling obesity it's absurd that fit people

have to pay anything at all to stay in shape. 'They should also work out a system that enables fit people to be free of everyday work if they are tied down in a boring job such as customer service or retail.

'If they have a fitness-related job I believe they should be asked to keep working. 'If more people were fit and healthy the government would save millions of pounds
every year- even after paying out JSA and housing benefits.'

He says that his mother Rahela, who works in child care, wishes he would get 'a normal, boring job' but that life is too short to 'conform to what society wants you to do'.

He said: 'Life is too short to do something you don't enjoy- it's not all about working- it's more important to be fit and healthy and to look great as well.

'When I look at myself in the mirror and see my body I feel great. 'That is worth far more than going out and
earning money just to conform to what society wants you to do.'

He added: 'I am totally independent, driven, and self-sufficient, and I'm fortunate enough to be receiving free Kung Fu lessons from a top Chinese Kung Fu master.

Kamran Kam 'For me to go to work everyday and stop
practicing my art would be a total waste of talent.'
Mr Kam says he does intend to earn money one day and wants to make his name as a martial arts actor on the silver screen.

He said: 'A lot of people call me Jean-Claude Van Damme, because I can perform a lot of the moves he does and I'm told I look like him too.

'I'd love to get a part in a Kung Fu movie one day- that's my ultimate goal. 'You have to makes sacrifices if you want to make a real impact on the world, and for me that means training at least five times a week for 3-4 hours each session.

'It can be physically tough, but at least I don't have to put my energy into anything else so I can focus on it 100 per cent.'

Kamran has been practicing Kung Fu ever since he first developed an admiration for Bruce Lee as a young boy. He also trains with weights in the gym, something he has been doing since he was 18.

He trains in Muay Thai, Karate, Boxing and now Kung Fu.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2928097/Kamran-Kam-claims-benefits-9-5-jobs-interfere-fitness-regime.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailUK

2 Shares

Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Godmother(f): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2015
He should thank his stars he's not in Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Emmysteve(m): 9:41am On Jan 28, 2015
Godmother:
Him never jam. Lol

3 Likes

Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Emmysteve(m): 9:43am On Jan 28, 2015
Lmfao i don't know i find this story very funny. I can't just laffing. Even his responses are very funny. Lol
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 10:03am On Jan 28, 2015
At least he enjoys working out and some stipends enters his pocket every other week of the year because he lives in a country where the government makes its citizen the number one priority. Here in Nigeria, it would be quite difficult to do such except one is a fitness trainer/instructor or a gym owner. Most people that are employed are not happy at what they are doing but they have no choice else they go into "starvation mode".

3 Likes

Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by sallysalsa09: 10:40am On Jan 28, 2015
PLEASE WHO KNOWS WERE I CAN GET A GYM AROUND YABA embarassed

1 Like

Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Godmother(f): 11:19am On Jan 28, 2015
Emmysteve:
Him never jam. Lol

At all o, my brother!
Anyways, its his type that will seduce one billionaire heiress and make her fall inlove with him. That way he truly would never need to work in his life.

2 Likes

Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by zeongeon: 11:53am On Jan 28, 2015
Good for him at least he is doing what he likes..like he said that he intends to make money sometime probably then he may be best fitness instructor, have his martial arts training center or even bcome an action star.

Nothing like doing what u like.
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by 50calibre(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
I agree with what he said, it's almost impossible to stay fit (fit in this context means, super fit) while holding a 9-5 job. There's no time for the gym, you return home in the evening tired, during the weekends you'd most likely have some other important things to do or places to go.

However, this guy made the choice to pick fitness over holding a regular job like other people, why must the government have to pay for his choices?

This is an able bodied young man claiming benefits based on a frivolous reason, why loads of hardworking people are struggling to pay their bills with no assistance.

This is just the usual way of punishing hard work while rewarding laziness & stupidity. I see no reason why anyone would have to wake up early & go to work, while this muscle head spends his time in the gym looking at his toned abs on the mirror.

He gets 50% off gym membership, possibly a free or heavily discounted travel card & I'm sure he also gets housing benefits as well. Looool this is madness

3 Likes

Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by 50calibre(m): 12:09pm On Jan 28, 2015
zeongeon:
Good for him at least he is doing what he likes..like he said that he intends to make money sometime probably then he may be best fitness instructor, have his martial arts training center or even bcome an action star.

Nothing like doing what u like.

True!! but the government should pay him for doing what he likes?

Ok!! I like sleeping & playing video games can get paid as well?
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
so Gov't should start paying you because you waste away 4hours per day in the gym? go get a job lazy glute
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Emmysteve(m): 12:41pm On Jan 28, 2015
Godmother:

At all o, my brother!
Anyways, its his type that will seduce one billionaire heiress and make her fall inlove with him. That way he truly would never need to work in his life.
Lol from all indication. Let him just thank his Chi for the country he found himself.
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 28, 2015
Funny one. The guy has gone fitness crazy that's all.

But the truth is keeping fit is really demaning. Anyone who has tried doing fitness exercises even at home would understand that. I can barely finish my daily exercise routine in 1hour and I still do a '9-5' work.

As much as we would all love to criticize the guy, the guy made a valid point about the govt. spending 5billion pounds on Obesity, why not divert the funds towards fitness to encourage the would-be obese? It's a logical argument. But as tradition goes- No food for lazy man.

Wish him goodluck in becoming an actor though. He has a unique build. Me likes. . .
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
This is why unskilled immigrants should be removed from the UK grin
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by tosynbolade(m): 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2015
Funny
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Ishilove: 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2015
Strange and unusual...
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Alabiojoski(m): 5:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
Come my place na, make I show u
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by mya1: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
Some UK policies need to change especially ones like job seeker's allowance!
Why should an able bodied man with no disability of any form be paid for sitting his lazy arse at home all in the name of being fit?!

Tax payers' money cannot be continuously wasted on frivolities like this guy, hian!

If at all they are indeed job seekers, the job centre should make it mandatory that they go for voluntary work at some charity stores a minimum of 3 times a week- no food for a lazy man!

Nonsense and rubbish!
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Mcbussy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 28, 2015
Godmother:

Hehehehe grin....when hunger deals wif him in naija,his 6 packs will turn to rib packs grin
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Dharhe(m): 8:14pm On Jan 28, 2015
Mcbussy:

Hehehehe grin....when hunger deals wif him in naija,his 6 packs will turn to rib packs grin
. Rib packs grin
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by Swizdoe(m): 4:01am On Jan 29, 2015
Godmother:
Na wetin I wan talk be that.......
The guy just dey yarn opata because he dey collect free allowee on weekly basis......
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by davdandam(m): 6:18am On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmm
Re: I'm TOO FIT To Work! Gym Enthusiast Who Spends Four Hours A Day Working Out by olojuede01: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2015
Chai...... The guy dey collect 20k+ per month on top say im no do anything! !!!! Deris God eeee!!

(1) (Reply)

APM Terminals Latest Job Vacancies / Tetrazini Plc / Aptitude And Technical Test Invite By Pwc - Network Administrator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.