Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,054 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:05 AM

South Africas's Under 20 "Amajita" Are The Champions Of The Common Wealth - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africas's Under 20 "Amajita" Are The Champions Of The Common Wealth (824 Views)

Rivers Angels Are Champions Of Nigeria Women Professional League Again (PHOTOS) / With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? / Who Is Africas All Time Best Midfielder : Yaya Toure Or Jay Jay Okocha? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Africas's Under 20 "Amajita" Are The Champions Of The Common Wealth by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 29, 2015
Amajita buoyant after cup triumph The South Africa U-20 team are high in confidence for the CAF Youth Championships after winning the Commonwealth Cup in Russia on the weekend.

Amajita claimed honours with a 2-1 victory over Finland in the Final on Sunday. Captain Motjeka Madisha, who scored the opener against the Finns, was named Player of the Tournament, while Pule Maraisane was named the best striker at the showpiece.

Amajita used the 12-team competition to prepare for the CAF Under-20 Youth Championships, scheduled for March in Senegal. “It has been an exhausting two-week competition because in most cases it meant playing back to back matches and this takes toll on players as they pick injuries and fatigue also sets in,” said stand-in coach David Notoane, who was assisted by goalkeeper coach Wendell Robinson. “These boys have tasted how sweet winning things is like and they should carry this spirit to Senegal,” added Notoane.

Notoane hopes to consolidate the squad with their big guns for the trip to West Africa. This includes the likes of Ayabulela Magqwaka, Rivaldo Coetzee, Fagre Lakay, Holland-based Nhlakanipho Ntuli and Tyrone Sadous from Brazilian side Gremio.g a

Madisha, of Mamelodi Sundowns, said: “Sometimes when you are on a roll, you don’t want to disturb the rhythm by taking a break, though it is good to recharge the batteries. This has been a long tour and we need a bit of some break. “Bring them on. I mean bring the African teams on. We are ready for anything that is thrown at us.

This Commonwealth Cup has hardened us and we will go to the Africa Youth tournament well prepared and not undercooked.” Inspirational midfielder Tlotlo Leepile said: “We are going to Senegal with little complaints. We have undergone some rigorous competition and if we don’t do well there, we have no one to blame.”

Right-back Kabelo Seriba said: “We are very much on path to achieve just that. Not that we should underestimate anyone. Going to play tournaments on the continent is always a trick affair but in all fairness I think we should be good to compete with the big boys now.” Amajita arrive in South Africa at 14h00 on Tuesday.

http://www.kickoff.com/mobile/news/52194/south-africa-u-20-amajita-buoyant-after-commonwealth-cup-triumph

Re: South Africas's Under 20 "Amajita" Are The Champions Of The Common Wealth by Nobody: 2:23am On Jan 29, 2015
I wonder where was the Nigerian under 20 as Nigeria is part of thethe Common Wealth.

Without s doubt South Africa is surely going to be a force to be reckoned with in future African football.

Our current squad of Bafana Bafana is mostly comprised of the under 20 squad.

WATCH THIS SPACE! !! SA IS THE FUTURE OF AFRICAN FOOTBALL! tongue
Re: South Africas's Under 20 "Amajita" Are The Champions Of The Common Wealth by Yungwhy(m): 3:36am On Jan 29, 2015
BluIvy:
I wonder where was the Nigerian under 20 as Nigeria is part of thethe Common Wealth.

Without s doubt South Africa is surely going to be a force to be reckoned with in future African football.

Our current squad of Bafana Bafana is mostly comprised of the under 20 squad.

WATCH THIS SPACE! !! SA IS THE FUTURE OF AFRICAN FOOTBALL! tongue
Well the Nigerian team is currently in Nigeria for The Nigerian Super Six Tournament.
I'd be glad if the Nigerian U-20 will be facing the South African U-20 in the Youth Championship..... And I'll be watching that space too, and I wonder where the SA'n team will make it to in the tourney.

2 Likes

Re: South Africas's Under 20 "Amajita" Are The Champions Of The Common Wealth by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 29, 2015
And our U-20 boys are humiliating their seniors here in Nigeria even without their key players.
Ours boys will flying over the almajitas

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

100% Sure Picks For Saturday Match.. Available On Naija Bookies.. / Soccer Picks For Today Games / Keshi Calls Enyeama, Balogun, 13 Others For Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.