Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,515 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? (4448 Views)

Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or / PFA Player Of The Year, No Salah Sets Sight On Balon D' Or / Rivers Angels Are Champions Of Nigeria Women Professional League Again (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by christopheru(m): 11:38pm On May 28, 2016
With Real Madrid Being Champions of Europe, who deserves Balon d' or?
Also remember Barcelona won the Double and Suarez was the star man. We can all see that Messi has turned into another kind of player. He does more of assists than scoring goals himself. With Suarez being the highest Goal Scorer in Europe, Does he stand a Chance In Winning this year fIfa world best player? Or will it still go to MESSI OR C. Ronaldo? Although we can't conclude RIGHT now because there's still COPA AMERICA And EURO to play for.
What's your tip?
Who do you think will Win this Year's FIFA BALON' D OR?
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Sunnymatey(m): 11:44pm On May 28, 2016
C. Ronaldo. Are u happy now?

4 Likes

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by youngaz(m): 11:51pm On May 28, 2016
Seriously we all knw dat Ronaldo doesn't deserve it just dat "FIFA ave turned Ballon D'or to a striker's award.......if u dnt ave goals u can't win it.....many players are performing very well #Griezmann,saul,bale,lewandowski,douglas costa nd many more bt all dey are afta is goals.....ronaldo dat did nt even shine through out nah because of d winning penalty pple use to rememba dat he played part of d match,i no some will say wat of d matches dey ave played b4 today bt ao many matches can u count dat ronaldo really stood out?? Maybe wolfsburg in d second leg den Roma wich one again....did he perform against city??PSG in group stage??wolfsburg 1st leg??Roma 2nd leg??........dey shuld giv wu dey like jare am just saying my mind

4 Likes

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 28, 2016
CR7!!! ...
Haters can cry me a river full of blood grin grin
No strength to argue pls grin grin ...

5 Likes

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by DonaldGenes(m): 12:24am On May 29, 2016
Ronaldo Mr.Man

Who else if not him

1 Like

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Immality(m): 12:48am On May 29, 2016
Ronaldo? Hope that's what you want to hear..
Judging from performance statistics CR7 don't even deserve to make d top 3 list.... He scores against d weaker opponents..... Check out his assists nd chances created....
Messi endured a bad soon through two months injury missing 10 matches but still yet he performed above expectation... Scoring 41 goals nd 23 assists.... Neymar said he was not at his best but still yet he scored 30 goals with 20 assists.... Ronaldo scored 51 goals nd assisted not more than 15 times.... he still played more matches that the Barcelona trio.... Suarez was too good nd fantastic in all aspect..... Smashing 59 goals in 54 matches with 22 assists.. Scoring 14 goals in 5matches..... Higuain , Lewy and Ibra was also fantastic.... I know people Will Still criticise but have made my points....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by iPrevail(m): 6:51am On May 29, 2016
Only two persons deserve the Ballon D'or

Christiano Ronaldo and Cr7

If you don't agree I fit give you rope sha.. But you gaz use ceiling fan for yor house. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by saintneo2: 8:21am On May 29, 2016
Immality:
Judging from performance statistics CR7 don't even deserve to make d top 3 list.... He scores against d weaker opponents..... Check out his assists nd chances created....
Messi endured a bad soon through two months injury missing 10 matches but still yet he performed above expectation... Scoring 41 goals nd 23 assists.... Neymar said he was not at his best but still yet he scored 30 goals with 20 assists.... Ronaldo scored 51 goals nd assisted not more than 15 times.... he still played more matches that the Barcelona trio.... Suarez was too good nd fantastic in all aspect..... Smashing 59 goals in 54 matches with 22 assists.. Scoring 14 goals in 5matches..... Higuain , Lewy and Ibra was also fantastic.... I know people Will Still criticise but have made my points....
Your post is filled with bias. Your hatred for CR7 will not stop him from winning the Ballon d'or.
The only competition for ballon d'or will come from Suarez.

3 Likes

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Immality(m): 11:13am On May 29, 2016
saintneo2:

Your post is filled with bias. Your hatred for CR7 will not stop him from winning the Ballon d'or.
The only competition for ballon d'or will come from Suarez.

Bias You said.... Euro and Copa American are fast approaching.... Don't have much to explain again cos I have already made my points.. Not hating anybody.... For scoring 6 goals against
Malmo, 5 against Shakhtar, 3 against Wolfsburg and
2 against Roma?
While disappearing against Psg, Mancity, and
Atletico?
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by hary158: 11:23am On May 29, 2016
Luis Suarez has been d best player on the planet this season. second to none
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by saintneo2: 12:42pm On May 29, 2016
Immality:

Bias You said.... Euro and Copa American are fast approaching.... Don't have much to explain again cos I have already made my points.. Not hating anybody.... For scoring 6 goals against
2 against Roma?
Atletico?

The game against Wolfsburg at Madrid was a match filled by Cristiano, he didn't just achieve a hat-trick;
1. He was the chief motivator of the Real Madrid team
2. He was the 13th man in that game
3. He respected his teammates
4. He restored Real Madrid's hope of Champions League cup.

CR7 doesn't need to score against every team; he is 31 years - 2 years older than his Barcelona competitors like Suarez and Messi.

On the Copa Americana and European Nations Cup, Messi is out due to injury, Neymar won't provide much competition; only Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale, Pogba(the next New thing) can provide spectacular performances in their continents.

This season's ballon d'or should be a retirement gift to CR7.

1 Like

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Lily4star(f): 12:48pm On May 29, 2016
iPrevail:
Only two persons deserve the Ballon D'or

Christiano Ronaldo and Cr7

If you don't agree I fit give you rope sha.. But you gaz use ceiling fan for yor house. undecided

Wicked grin
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Lily4star(f): 12:49pm On May 29, 2016
saintneo2:

The game against Wolfsburg at Madrid was a match filled by Cristiano, he didn't just achieve a hat-trick;

CR7 doesn't need to score against every team; he is 31 years - 2 years older than his Barcelona competitors like Suarez and Messi.

On the Copa Americana and European Nations Cup, Messi is out due to injury, Neymar won't provide much competition; only Suarez, Ronaldo, Bale, Pogba(the next New thing) can provide spectacular performances in their continents.

Couldn't have said it any better
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Lily4star(f): 12:52pm On May 29, 2016
Immality:

2 against Roma?
Atletico?

Come on he was battling fitness, but I am going to really miss the competition between Ronaldo and Messi, I am glad to be a part of this generation, the world will hardly witness such competition again

1 Like

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by christopheru(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2016
Immality:
I think you've said it all
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Immality(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2016
saintneo2:

This season's ballon d'or should be a retirement GIFT to CR7. Very funny.... He will never win d ballon D'OR
again... Messi Will be fit for the copa by what his doctor said.... CR7 can't do anything with the Portuguese Team... He will be eliminated in the group stage.... Suarez surely Will conquer in the tournament....

4. He restored Real Madrid's hope of Champions League cup.? Give Barcelona a team like Wolfsburg and believe me there Will not be a returning fixture....
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Immality(m): 1:27pm On May 29, 2016
Lily4star:

Come on he was battling fitness, but I am going to really miss the competition between Ronaldo and Messi, I am glad to be a part of this generation, the world will hardly witness such competition again

Yeah bro.... Also gonna miss it much... There rivalry made football look lively....

We will really miss them when they're gone

1 Like

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Lobasco(m): 3:10pm On May 29, 2016
Immality:

Idiots everywhere,get ur fact rite Ronaldo played 48matches undecided
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 29, 2016
But cannavaro was not a striker
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Marcelini(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2016
Immality:

This season's ballon d'or should be a retirement GIFT to CR7. Very funny.... He will never win d ballon D'OR
again... Messi Will be fit for the copa by what his doctor said.... CR7 can't do anything with the Portuguese Team... He will be eliminated in the group stage.... Suarez surely Will conquer in the tournament....

4. He restored Real Madrid's hope of Champions League cup.? Give Barcelona a team like Wolfsburg and believe me there Will not be a returning fixture....

You can only win what is placed before you. Barca was given the simple task of getting pass Athletico Madrid, the same Athletico Real Madrid just conquered, and they failed woefully despite the fact that they were given a helping hand by the referee when Athletico was reduced to ten men.

Neither your Suarez, Messi or Neymar stood to be counted for Barca, at Vicente Calderon when they faced elimination, and Barca ended up being eliminated.

Ronaldo stood to be counted for Madrid when it matters most, the true measure of a Hero is the ability to be the difference when every other member of the team failed.

Madrid starred at elimination at the hands of Wolfsburg after losing the first leg 2-0, and looked unconvincing in the return fixture at Benabeau, it was Ronaldo who stood up when the team needed him most and pulled them through, something Suarez, Messi and Suarez couldn't do for Barca.

Whether Barca fans like it or not, this season's ballon d'or was decided yesterday night, the moment Ronaldo scored the winning penalty for Real madrid, no amount of wailing from your ends can change anything now.

4 Likes

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Immality(m): 10:36pm On May 29, 2016
Lobasco:

Idiots everywhere,get ur fact rite Ronaldo played 48matches undecided

Don't really want to reply you but believe me you're a useless He goal for calling your grandpa idiot....

36 in d league + 10 in d CL and 7 in d kings cup.... mumu

1 Like

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Lobasco(m): 3:12am On May 30, 2016
Immality:

Don't really want to reply you but believe me you're a useless He goal for calling your grandpa idiot....

Ronaldo 7 in Kings Cup this season? This guy is a retarded fool I swear....Ronaldo for Kings cup dis season Ur a confirm he goat...
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Lobasco(m): 3:21am On May 30, 2016
Immality:

Fools won't knw anytin they wil be posting rubbish here like Google isn't ur friend rite? Mofo

Cristiano Ronaldo – Current Season Statistics
League Team Games Goals Assists YC RC
Audi Cup Real Madrid 0 0 0 0 0
Copa del Rey Real Madrid 0 0 0 0 0
Spain - La Liga Real Madrid 36 35 11 3 0
UEFA Champions League Real Madrid 12 16 4 1 0

Total matches played 48

Total Goal Scored 51
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by LesbianBoy(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2016
I don't know why whenever it looks like Cr7 is going to win ballon d'or STOOPID IDIOTS will start giving STOOPID REASONS why he doesn't deserve it. angry

2 Likes

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Marcelini(m): 8:54am On May 30, 2016
LesbianBoy:
I don't know why whenever it looks like Cr7 is going to win ballon d'or STOOPID IDIOTS will start giving STOOPID REASONS why he doesn't deserve it. angry

The thing tire me!

The most important game, the rate limiting step, Real Madrid played in this season's champions league campaign, was the return leg against Wolfsburg in Santiago Benabeau, and that was a game Ronaldo single handedly decided for Real Madrid, on top of that he was the tournament's top scorer, yet peeps are still talking trash.

Copa America will be inconsequential, Euro might be used to decide the winner of European best, but for Ballon d'or ie World Best, Ronaldo have that already, we are only waiting for coronation day. cool

1 Like

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by LesbianBoy(m): 9:04am On May 30, 2016
Marcelini:

The thing tire me!

The most important game, the rate limiting step, Real Madrid played in this season's champions league campaign, was the return leg against Wolfsburg in Santiago Benabeau, and that was a game Ronaldo single handedly decided for Real Madrid, on top of that he was the tournament's top scorer, yet peeps are still talking trash.

Copa America will be inconsequential, Euro might be used to decide the winner of European best, but for Ballon d'or ie World Best, Ronaldo have that already, we are only waiting for coronation day. cool
Lol this STOOPID IDIOTS have forgotten that apart from Euros and Copa America, as real madrid has won the champions league, they will now have to play two cup competitions. That is Uefa cup and Club world cup. Real madrid will carry atleast one of this cup and that will now "over confirm" Cr7 as the favourite to win ballon d'or grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Marcelini(m): 9:18am On May 30, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Lol this STOOPID IDIOTS have forgotten that apart from Euros and Copa America, as real madrid has won the champions league, they will now have to play two cup competitions. That is Uefa cup and Club world cup. Real madrid will carry atleast one of this cup and that will now "over confirm" Cr7 as the favourite to win ballon d'or grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol! Trust Ronaldo to score a hatrick in any one of those fixtures and render whatever happened in Euro and Copa America useless.

And who even says Ronaldo and Portugal can't reach the later stages in Euro with Ronaldo scoring many goals on the road, Portugal national team seem to be getting better now.
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Badosqi(m): 10:01am On May 30, 2016
Marcelini:

Lol! Trust Ronaldo to score a hatrick in any one of those fixtures and render whatever happened in Euro and Copa America useless.

And who even says Ronaldo and Portugal can't reach the later stages in Euro with Ronaldo scoring many goals on the road, Portugal national team seem to be getting better now.
The present portugal national team is way better to their 2014 world cup team. They've improved steadily raking in good result in their recent matches. They may not be one of the best contender(though they are a contender) for the Euros but I see them going far in this Euro 2016 just like they did in 2012(reached semi-final in 2012). They are ranked 8th in the world and 4th in Europe behind Belgium, Germany and Spain. A pointer to how to improved they are now.

This Euro 2016 will further increase Ronaldo's Ballon D'or chances.

Oooh and Real madrid will still compete for another 2 titles. UEFA super cup against Sevilla and Fifa club world cup(this one is about 95% sure sef).

Ronaldo topscorer in Uefa champions league again with 16 goals, 8 goals more than his closest rival. 4th consecutive time of topping the goal chart.

2 Likes

Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Badosqi(m): 10:16am On May 30, 2016
LesbianBoy:
guy you are right. They are really stupid idiots. It is always the same scenario whenever Ronaldo is the main contender. They will start talking trash about fifa always favouring goalscorers alone, na that time they will remember that their are also other players fifa are neglecting like griezman, neymar,ibra, hazard, lewan. They will start ridiculous comparism to why Ronaldo doesn't deserve the title. They are no doubt STOOPID IDIOTS.
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Mickael2(m): 11:26am On May 30, 2016
I am forced to join this thread now.

How is Ronaldo the main contender? Sure he scored 16 goals in the champions league but did you check the goals? 6 goals against Malmo, 5 against Donetsk, 3 against Wolfsburg and 2 against Roma, Zero against Atletico, zero against PSG and zero against Man city. It's as if as the level of the team increases his goals diminish, you can only score against who you play but he didnt even score against those he played.

Talking about the champions league, thank God for the ref, Madrid would have lost, what with an offside goal and all what not, where was Ronaldo then? Diving away his time, granted the ref helped Barca defeat Atletico in the first leg(which wasnt an aid at all, it was a clear red card but ok), then in the return leg what happened? We had a clear penalty in the last minute and the ref overlooked it, yet no one remembers that but it's all good sha. In the game against Wolfsburg, Ronaldo scored a header, a freekick another useless goal, they are all goals I agree, but they were team goals, yet you all are assigning all the praise to him. Then in the semi he got injured and when he came back, he still didnt score, final nko? Worse.

Then finally, you all seriously think that the UCL decides who the Balon D'or winner will be?! In 2013, CR7 didnt win any trophy yet he took it home, and you think that because his team won this trophy with little or no aid from him makes him the front runner? Thats just dellusional to say the very least,meanwhile in the league, he missed a penalty against Malaga which would have given his team the extra 2 points they needed to win the league yet you guys don't understand that he cost his team right there but well, thats your problem
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by dreamcast95: 11:30am On May 30, 2016
I do not know for sure what will happen to the gold Ball - https://www.naij.com/844294-read-ronaldo-reacted-critics-uefa-champions-league-final.html but the game is Cristiano Ronaldo in the final match of the Champions League is very disappointed . I understand that he was playing with an injury and scored the decisive penalty kick, but the impact on the game in general, he clearly did not have .
Re: With Real Madrid Being Champions Of Europe, Who Deserves Balon D' Or? by Nobody: 11:39am On May 30, 2016
We all know that ronaldo helped his team to overcome Wolfsburg but someone was saying when barca needed messi and Suarez against atletico, they did not turn up. OK let's put cr7 In that position, do u think he would just score 3 goals against atletico just as he did against Wolfsburg?? I don't think so[sub][/sub].

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkings / Japan Vs USA Ends 5 - 3 (2:2 AET 3:1 PSO) On Sunday 17th July @ 7:45pm / Australian Football Pool Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.