Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:43 AM

Re: Explorer.exe Does Not Load Upon Startup/login - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Re: Explorer.exe Does Not Load Upon Startup/login (424 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg: Startup Ecosystem In Nigeria Is What I Came To Learn / How To Optimize Wordpress Page Speed And Load Time / He Does Not Have Money For Hosting And Domain Name. What Should He Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Explorer.exe Does Not Load Upon Startup/login by nasir1202(m): 2:19am On Jan 29, 2015
Restart your computer into Safe Mode if everything loads correctly, the problem may be rooted in a virus or other malware, and not a corrupt file. Next, check the location of your explorer.exe file. If the file is located anywhere other than "C:\Windows," your computer may be infected. If the problem is consistent no matter what you try and explorer.exe is in its correct place, the problem is likely rooted in the explorer.exe file itself, and can be repaired using system repair utilities.

I searched through the internet and tried all the troubleshooting steps mentioned on different website but that did not fix my problem but one real solution which is just two step registry key deletion made me happy which solved this issue.

Here is the step you need to perform to fix this.

1. Open your start menu, then type "regedit" to open the Registry Editor.

2. Navigate to the following key: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution.options".

3. If you see either "explorer.exe," "iexplorer.exe" or both listed under this key, delete them -- they should not be there. Close the editor, then restart your computer. Be sure to back up your registry before trying this step, and if any problems occur, access Registry Editor in safe mode and load your saved file. for detailed information on why this happen click on this link http://bookingtohosting..in/2015/01/explorerexedoesnotstart.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Facebook Page Like Box Appear On Blog / Wazobiablog.com May Be 4 Sale. Bid Now! / Www.ihostnigeria.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.