Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Most Entertainers Run Afterpoliticians Because Ofpoverty – Saheed Balogun - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Most Entertainers Run Afterpoliticians Because Ofpoverty – Saheed Balogun (429 Views)

Saheed Balogun Celebrates His Birthday Mecca (Photo) / Saheed Balogun Celebrates His 50th Birthday (Photo) / Saheed Balogun, Adediwura Becky-Adesegha And Princess Allwell Ademola Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Entertainers Run Afterpoliticians Because Ofpoverty – Saheed Balogun by mrlabari(m): 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2015
In an interview with
Encomium magazine this
week, actor Saheed Balogun
said the reason entertainers
run away after politicians is
because of poverty. “(Poverty), that’s why you
see some of our people
running helter-skelter,
campaigning for all these
politicians. But there’s one question we
have all not asked, and
that’s what makes
American artists donate to
politicians while the actors
here in Nigeria are asking from politicians. Every member of the
National Assembly has not
made an reasonable law on
piracy which has devoured
the industry. So, there’s poverty in the
industry. If there’s not, you
won’t see our people
flocking around all these
politicians, campaigning,
singing and dancing for them. I saw a candidate being
surrounded by some of our
colleagues; I now said to
myself, ‘if this man
eventually wins, how many
actors or musicians will he remember? Although some
are doing it to make ends
meet. And it’s sad because we’re
stars. I think we’re
supposed to be worshiped,
not worshiping others. Even if a governor holds
your hand, he’s supposed to
be happy. But now, the
reverse is the case.

Re: Most Entertainers Run Afterpoliticians Because Ofpoverty – Saheed Balogun by onatisi(m): 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2015
Education makes all the difference .
Re: Most Entertainers Run Afterpoliticians Because Ofpoverty – Saheed Balogun by Afrok(m): 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
Ok... But he only talked about the ones campaigning for politicians, what about the ones accused of infidelity maybe sleeping with politicians shocked.

Well artists campaigning for politicians is their business, artists accused of infidelity probably sleeping with politicians is the business of the politicians, me commenting on this thread what's my business? undecided.

Nothing, I think I should find a business (my books) tongue.

(1) (Reply)

New Video: Last Bus Stop – Dr. Sid / Samklef And Wizkid Settles Biff In A Grand Style / Rossy's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.