Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Hope Am Not Overdoing....... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hope Am Not Overdoing....... (1933 Views)

How Do I Handle This Without Overdoing It / My Mum Is Overdoing / Hope He Is Not Overdoing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by faqir(m): 9:26pm On Jan 29, 2015
A 30k salary earner who about renting a 120k per annum appartment,HOPE HE IS NOT OVER DOING, considering other expenses, like transportation to working place, plus wife coming to join me soon and others. Kindly advice me b4 I jump to it. Plssss.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Femsyn(m): 9:31pm On Jan 29, 2015
30k Married 120k/annum lipsrsealed

Bros, with all sincerity, You are overdoing it! Do you want to commit suicide
And I assume your incoming wife is jobless...

To have thought of it alone, I really admire your courage.

I'm finding it difficult to believe your story btw.

6 Likes

Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by thorpido(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2015
Does your wife or wife-to-be work?
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 29, 2015
1/3rd of your income goes on rent!
too much if you ask me cool

but you sure say 30k as a married man no get k-leg? What are your plans on augmenting?
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2015
That is an average of 10k per month. If I may guess, it I a self-con. It is okay considering the number of persons. Even one room may cost 5k -8k per month in remote areas of many cities. All that is needed is for God to open better doors of blessings for us all.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by faqir(m): 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
thorpido:
Does your wife or wife-to-be work?
she is an hair dresser, her income is always btw 5k-7k per wk. Expenses, transportation,launch...and others.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by faqir(m): 11:40pm On Jan 29, 2015
myhoodlink Ameen . But it is 3 bedroom flat wt each room having its own toilet, already painted, tyssed.:
That is an average of 10k per month. If I may guess, it I a self-con. It is okay considering the number of persons. Even one room may cost 5k -8k per month in remote areas of many cities. All that is needed is for God to open better doors of blessings for us all.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by faqir(m): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2015
[quote author=faqir post=30258087][/quote]. 3 bed room flat. Alredy tyssed, painted with 3 toilet.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Richy4(m): 2:01am On Jan 30, 2015
how will you survive my brother? sad

How will you get alittle to save because the way i see it you are basically working for the landlord

1 Like

Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Winneygirl(f): 2:19am On Jan 30, 2015
You are overdoing it.
Renting a house worth Ur 4 months take home?
Ur rent should not be above Ur earnings for 2 months.
1 yr is a short time. Ur rent will expire before U are even fully settled in d house.

5 Likes

Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by thorpido(m): 7:13am On Jan 30, 2015
faqir:
she is an hair dresser, her income is always btw 5k-7k per wk. Expenses, transportation,launch...and others.
Start with a self-contain apartment.N120k per annum is a bit too much now.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 30, 2015
Winneygirl:
You are overdoing it.
Renting a house worth Ur 4 months take home?
Ur rent should not be above Ur earnings for 2 months.
1 yr is a short time. Ur rent will expire before U are even fully settled in d house.

Madam, mbok change ya name to winniewoman or winniemama or sth. Becos from ya post u didnt think like a girl at all. U spoke like a woman, more like a moda. If only I can locate Ucheesy

OP, must u marry now? Abi u don reach 48? Is anybody chasing u with a deadline or ultimatum or sth? Nna na wa oh! Cos with 30k a month I dont think u shd be thinking marriage for now unless d babe in question makes at least 30k - 60k or more and she's humble and ready to support. Meanwhile wot happened to 5k a month apartments all over town? Or are u living in abuja maintown?

Bros no go kill urself oh! But if u must die, pls die alone. No carry anoda man pikin gum body when u want commit suicide oh! Mbok! Its not compulsory oh! U shd be thinking of how to earn more not spend more.

Da! Mbono owo eh tono oh! shocked

1 Like

Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by okirewaju(f): 2:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
3 bedroom flat you and your wife can stay in a self contain apartment for the now
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by SAMBARRY: 2:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
So if you rent a house of 120k per annum where do you hope to get the next 120 k when the next money for house rent is due. 30k gan is not enough for a bachelor talk less of a married man with responsibilities

you better go and rent house of 10k and while at it don't even think of impregnating your wife. If you and your wife choose to enjoy squalor. Your cup of tea but if you bring a child to join you in all of these you better name him or her boshinle

1 Like

Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2015
obongproff:

Madam, mbok change ya name to winniewoman or winniemama or sth. Becos from ya post u didnt think like a girl at all. U spoke like a woman, more like a moda. If only I can locate Ucheesy

OP, must u marry now? Abi u don reach 48? Is anybody chasing u with a deadline or ultimatum or sth? Nna na wa oh! Cos with 30k a month I dont think u shd be thinking marriage for now unless d babe in question makes at least 30k - 60k or more and she's humble and ready to support. Meanwhile wot happened to 5k a month apartments all over town? Or are u living in abuja maintown?

Bros no go kill urself oh! But if u must die, pls die alone. No carry anoda man pikin gum body when u want commit suicide oh! Mbok! Its not compulsory oh! U shd be thinking of how to earn more not spend more.

iyammi da AME diok inua wink
obongproff:

iyammi da AME diok inua
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Lipzlikeshugar:
iyammi da AME diok inua wink iyammi da AME diok inua

Nma, idogo ami nnam oh. Ukuto na mbono eh tono?shocked
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by dahmie2013: 7:31pm On Jan 31, 2015
If u can save 10k every month, den no prob.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by veave(f): 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2015
Do you have other side jobs to augment? I like your courage oh. If your wife knows your salary and she is still wiling to marry you. Then go ahead. Don't let people on nairaland discourage you. The only thing try to get a cheaper place. Where are you based?
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by greatgod2012(f): 9:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
If your wife is aware of your salary, and she works as well as ready to coopearate and assist you financially when the need arises, and you're also trying to augument your salary, then, you're good to go, but if it's the other way round all round, think twice and throughly about it. It's not that it's impossible, it's just that it'll be so demanding.
Wishing you best of luck!
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Ewuro4: 10:27pm On Jan 31, 2015
dahmie2013:
If u can save 10k every month, den no prob.

I think so too.
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by onegig(m): 4:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
OP....You gave too little information.

Location, type of job, distance of the house to your respective work places.

Other posters saying it's not possible need to recognise that not all places in Nigeria are that expensive. You can live comfortably with 30k a month in most places in Nigeria as long as it is not Lagos, Port Harcourt, Delta, Onithsa, Calabar or Abuja where cost of living is extremely high.

You still have places where you only spend 100 naira max to and fro as transport fare daily.

Also you need to consider most average Nigerian workers live on loans and cooperatives with small repayments spread over years. He may not be taking the chunk of the money from his salary. 120k may look much but as long as it's caters for their needs. I won't say it's overdoing it.

But op. what do you need a 3 bedroom flat for when you are just married? You would be wasting 2 whole rooms for more than a year.

What happened to mini sized 2 bedroom flat incase of visitors or a big sized self contain?
Re: Hope Am Not Overdoing....... by Nobody: 4:41pm On Feb 01, 2015
but seriously a self contain flat in some accessible place in lagos, cost 120k per annum. while remote areas like ikorodu, ibafo, mowe for self contain , can go for 80k mininum... so what we saying here? Rent is killing in lagos. Except the op, opts for a room only. Or plan for another source of income, thats if the op is based in lagos.
while 2bderm goes for 400k, 450k, 500k, even 600k depending on the environs, but remote places u can get for 200, 250k. then 3bedrm, from 600k, 700k,800k , or 1mil, depending on the envriron, while in remote areas u can get for 300/350k

Best of luck op, cos u really need it.

(1) (Reply)

When The School Principal Is Fed Up With Exam Malpractices(photo) / 25 Of The Most Common Last Names Around The World / Wall Geckos might be the solution you seek.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.