Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

My Mum Is Overdoing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Is Overdoing (2311 Views)

'29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. / Pls Help, My Mum Is Suffering From Megalomania And Am Begining To Hate Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Is Overdoing by ope30: 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
Good day to you all.
pls i count on you all to put me through this:
Am a young guy just finish service and looking unto God for employment but still leave under my parent assisting my mun in her shop.
i have a girl we both love each other and both parent were aware of it, she is still in 300L, suddenly my girl got pregnant which make her sad and i advised her to leave it cos i don't encourage abortion, our parent accept dia faith and my girl mum promised to rake care til she delivered so my mum will continue the rest. Thank God she delivered peacefully a beautiful baby girl and my parent accepted her.
the problem now is my mum she overdo everything and don't agree to what my girl n my sister decide to do like baby friending (only breastfeeding til 6months before giving water) and any suggestion i brought she will never accept it DAT we should leave her to do whatever she likes which always made my girl to cry as her mother in law always go against her wish. it almost cause fight btw me and my mum til i stop looking dia way, i just leave them and stop saying anything patterning to the child.
my girl has start exam this week, having two papers every day starting from 9am til 5pm so my girl leave home by 8am and come back by 6pm because of the distance hoping to finish in two weeks but my mum never allowed her to take the child to school that she Will be looking after her till she come back, so my girl wil only breastfeed her morning and evening which she is not happy about but under compulsion. pls my people is the breastfeeding normal such way? and pls advice me on what to do in my nun aspect.
thanks
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by axiliborha(f): 4:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
sad
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
Never feel bad about this cos I'm sorry that was how she raised u until you became a grown man now , u will thank her later cos I also felt same way when my mum was acting similarly but ur baby will be fine , let her learn from mama and don't argue with her . God bless u as my own lil daughter is now grown to a beautiful angel

5 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by sammer4life(m): 4:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
I come from the ghetto. No one knows tomorrow
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Tashaamania(f): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
Exactly what you get when things aren't done the proper way.
If you were in your own house, all these wouldn't be happening..
Sorry about this, maybe if an external body comes to intervene - like an aunt or uncle who respects your mum would help. Talk to any relation to help talk to your mum.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by kolatobs(m): 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
I NEVER READAM
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Creamish(f): 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
There is nothing wrong with mixing breast-feeding with formula. This is a phase U must pass due to the current circumstance. U still live with ur mum so u can't claim independent. It's better if U dont fall-out with ur mum now cos she is there for you and your baby. Don't act frustrated around her. If she makes a suggestion, act like you are doing it even if its so hard. Don't give her an attitude.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by mutter(f): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2015
Well how on earth can she take care of the baby while taking her exams!
Exposing the baby to unnecessary stress.Please thats a baby and not a toy.

Others out there are praying for their parents to accept the child. This world ! You can never please humans! smiley

10 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Slimzjoe(m): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2015
My Bro, Your Mum is trying to Raise the Child the Exact way she Raised you....so Your 'Girlfriend' should chill.....you guys can have full Control over the child when you Start staying in your own House.

For now, Play by Mumsy's Tunes wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by iamauxin(m): 5:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
Bro, you need to make money...once you do that you can then take decisions. it works like magic.
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Wow! Op your mum is really a nice person and she loves and accepted your child as her grandchild. Tell your woman to calm down, assure her that whatever your mum is doing is for you guys own good. Honestly I expected her to be happy and grateful to your mum.

8 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Jennifer89(f): 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
op you are still under your parents roof so you shouldn't be complaining. ur mum accepted your child and she's taking care of her so allow her be coz from what you wrote she doesn't hv any bad intention. your girl is not suppose to take the baby to school now that she's writing her exams.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by kay29000(m): 5:58pm On Jul 01, 2015
hmm!
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by dominique(f): 6:23pm On Jul 01, 2015
I'm totally with your mum on this and not because she's the one roofing you.

Exclusive breastfeeding (or baby friendly) is not ideal for someone that's not readily available to the baby. How does she intend to cope with going to and from school and breastfeeding the baby at the same time? Does she want to be breastfeeding during exams ni?

Why on earth does your girlfriend want put a delicate infant through the stress of taking her to and from school oh! for baby friendly purposes abi? That's not presentable at all (ko b'oju mu rara). Why not leave the little Angel where she will be well rested and well taken care of?

Your mum means well for your young family, you're probably not seeing things her way because of your unemployment status (which I believe will change soon). Make sure you always appreciate her and God will give you the rewards you deserve.
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by ope30: 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2015
thanks to u all for ur advice and contribution, she dont even allow me to av private discussion wit my girl dat we might end up having sex which may affect the baby and my girl is not even comfortable anymore because she wish to sit with me and discuss which she now find difficult. d baby is not up to a month is the breastfeeding formula good( morning and evening). tnx
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by tayo60(f): 6:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
U only become a man and can take personal decisions when you are no longer living under your parent's roof. So Op, let your mama decides for you now.
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by dominique(f): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2015
ope30:
thanks to u all for ur advice and contribution, she dont even allow me to av private discussion wit my girl dat we might end up having sex which may affect the baby and my girl is not even comfortable anymore because she wish to sit with me and discuss which she now find difficult. d baby is not up to a month is the breastfeeding formula good( morning and evening). tnx

Till you move out and get your own place, her rules and regulations reigns. You can have private conversations through instant messaging and sign language. Just give this breastfeeding issue a rest already. There are some babies that never tasted breastmilk for once in their lives and they did fine. If your girl had wanted to do baby friendly, she should have taken the entire semester off. Stop whining already and be grateful that your baby girl is in good hands.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Agbaletu: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
ope30:

You and your wife/lady should be happy for blessing you guys with such mother and mother in-law (I don't know if it is allowed since you guys are not married).

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Agbaletu: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
dominique:

Till you move out and get your own place, her rules and regulations reigns. You can have private conversations through instant messaging and sign language. Just give this breastfeeding issue a rest already. There are some babies that never tasted breastmilk for once in their lives and they did fine. If your girl had wanted to do baby friendly, she should have taken the entire semester off. Stop whining already and be grateful that your baby girl is in good hands.

You are right. The mother's rule and regulation should be religiously adhered with.
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
your mom is being helpful. you're lucky she took the three of you into her home and is helping out. her not letting your gf take the baby to school was a good thing. how in the world would she focus on her school work and exams if she took the baby to school, from 8am to 6pm? why in the world would your gf want to put a baby who's not up to a month old in such unnecessary stress? your mom was right by not allowing that. if you two can reason like this and see nothing wrong with her taking the baby to school, then it's no surprise your mom seems to be authoritative. you two don't know what you're doing but she does and means well.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
Op, I am in love with your Mom. She is the bomb.

If you don't like the situation, you pack out but that would be cruel. You must be silly to even thought of having private convo with your babymama with Mom around. That's the height of disrespect, she is battling with the product of your previous convo and you want to start another round of convo.

Park welloo, if you hurt Mom I will come after you.

6 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by edwife(f): 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Op,you and your girlfriend have no problem at all.

You need to go on your knees and pray for your mum everyday.Does your girlfriend knows the stress of being in a hall writhing exam when your baby cries uncontrollably?

She needs to chill and enjoy this phase,when you marry she will then wish she had someone available to care for her child without worrying about little things.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by armyofone(m): 8:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
OP, the most important thing now is to look for a job. If you don't like the way things are. Give baby breastfeeding morning and evening while formula when baby mama isn't at home. You put too much hassle on your mom. She is doing you guys a favor so relax and get a job ASAP before they remind you.
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
ope30:
The baby isn't up to a month and you want your babymama to be carrying her to school?? shocked shocked .. You need to be flogged oo grin angry

As regards private discussion, I don't blame your mum as she's still taking care of the product from the first 'discussion'.. If you wan do plenty private discussions, get something doing, marry your girl and 'private discussions' will be unending cheesy smiley

Meanyl, ur mum is nice. ..

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by veave(f): 12:37am On Jul 02, 2015
I'm more concerned on how you managed to graduate.

The energy used in getting your girl pregnant would have been optimally maximised should you have channeled it to improving your diction.

Thank you.
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Nobody: 1:54am On Jul 02, 2015
P
veave:
I'm more concerned on how you managed to graduate.

The energy used in getting your girl pregnant would have been optimally maximised should you have channeled it to improving your diction.

Thank you.

This is an unkind and narrow thinking post
Not fair...but more importantly.....not relevant
....and I understood every single thing he posted...so what gives!?
angry

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 02, 2015
yeah, that comment isn't relevant. i understood his post too.

milychocs:
P

angry

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by cococandy(f): 2:32am On Jul 02, 2015
Your fiancé can express her milk and keep it refrigerated so that your mom can also feed the baby with it when she's not there.

I support her not letting her take the baby to school. That's major stress relief right there. Your girl won't know it until she has no one helping her.

Lol@no letting both of you have private moments together. She probably doesn't want another grandchild so soon. cheesy

I love that she's looking out for both of you. That's very sweet of her. Although it can be frustrating when someone smothers you while trying to show love. Especially for your girl. She might feel like she's not getting the bonding she needs with her child if your mom keeps insisting on doing everything her way. That's what what you should gently explain to her. Because her actions are done with your best interest at heart, so even when they frustrate you, don't react negatively to it or it could be seen as ingratitude.
For now you don't even have any alternative but her. So if you piss her off, okpari for you guys.

Be diplomatic about it. And above all thank her every chance you get.
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by veave(f): 4:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
milychocs:
P

angry

I was not talking to you.

Stay away from me. Deliverer of Isreal
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Superman11(m): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
veave:

I was not talking to you.

Stay away from me. Deliverer of Isreal

WHo are you praying for my love
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by veave(f): 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
Superman11:

WHo are you praying for my love

Nobody embarassed
Re: My Mum Is Overdoing by Shiningmama(f): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
mutter:
Well how on earth can she take care of the baby while taking her exams!
Exposing the baby to unnecessary stress.Please thats a baby and not a toy.

Others out there are praying for their parents to accept the child. This world ! You can never please humans! smiley

Don't blame her that's her first child so the baby dey shark her.
How can see read for exam with the baby, it is becos dis her first child. By the time she born the next one, she will be looking for grandma to carry baby 24/7.
@ Op, your Mum is not overdoing anything oooon let her take care of the baby for two weeks. Besides, who will carry the baby while your wife is writing her paper?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Kneel My Wife Down If She Disobeys Me - Pastor. / Amazing Wedding Gifts You Can Give The Just Married / 7" EDUCATIONAL ANDROID TABLET FOR ADULTS AND KIDS (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.