Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Imperfectly Perfect! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Imperfectly Perfect! (480 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Imperfectly Perfect! by YvonneWilliams: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2015
As a kid, a lot of things re…ally got me confused! You know how it is right? Oh alright, I guess I’ve just gotta say it like it is – Truth be told, even as kids some facts were just absolutely plain glaring; for example, it didn’t take a genius to figure out that as time went on some sorta social segregation just automatically took place. Yep! That’s just how it was – Different crews, different folks, so subconsciously we blended accordingly.

Top on the list was every youngster’s fantasy – ‘The Fabulous crew!’ They were undoubtedly the enviable-self assured lot. The ones who just obviously got it going on! You know, they knew who they were what they wanted and nothing could sure as hell hold them back.

And then ofcourse, there was the (in order to show a ‘little kindness’ I simply use the term) –‘Plain crew’ (Yes yes tagging us the “un-fabulous crew” would be a little too harsh, plus, yours truly absolutely refuses to be tagged with such a degrading and humiliating title!!! Thank you very much!).

Hmm… the plain crew, forever dangling ungrudgingly on the all- knowing tide of fate, contented with wherever she flung us on the face of the earth. “Oh well, as long as we at least existed…” Sadly, the resignation to an unacceptable helpless nightmare!

Yeah, like I was saying unlike my gloriously celebrated contemporaries who had everything all ‘figured out’, a lot of things got pretty mixed up in my head; I didn’t know if my wish to become the stunning gorgeous- breathtaking chic, with legs for days and jaws dropping at her every step (courtesy hunks!!!) would come to pass… If I’d be rich and famous or even what I really wanted to be!

Oh, but there was one thing I sure knew! (Inhales…wait for it…) – “The kind of man I was gonna marry!!! (And that’s it! Exhale!!! Laughs…). Even as an average girl lacking seriously in the academic department, boy I bet I could produce an excellent piece on that particular matter, grabbing an A-plus grade topped with a standing ovation! No exaggeration intended guys, but trust me when I say- I had it all mapped out…

He was going to be; tall, dark and handsome with a pair of gorgeous legs to die for ofcourse (as I was obviously leaning towards being short, fair skinned and not so visually impressive) Extroverted; The kind of guy who just effortlessly is the ‘life of the party’ (sanguine no doubt as I seemed to be an extreme introvert and absolutely hated the fact that I just couldn’t let my guard down with people. Genius; with a mathematical brain like that of a calculator! (Afterall lord knows I was more language inclined, therefore figures and I were on two unmergable part of the planet!)…

Stop! Before you crucify me and my unrealistically selfish desire to ‘own a man close to perfection,’ you gotta admit there was some good meant in there somewhere, honestly! Doubt me? Alright, remember biology class and lectures on –‘Genes and heredity?’ well, all those things just gotta be put into consideration (and application ofcourse!) Don’t they? So yeah, this was my noble contribution! A noble deed to protect my unborn generation! My small token! – Simple me playing my part (covers face…).

Seriously though, I got two questions- Really, won’t I be blamed if I were ugly and married and equally ugly dude all in the name of love and my children were a sight… Would my kids ever understand and eventually forgive me, if I married a guy who was absolutely as clueless as I am about figures and then consequently, this inalienable mathematics disorder doubly showcased itself in them, courtesy – Dominant Genes

Now you see, a part of the plan to save my kids from unnecessary headaches (Mathphobia; fear of math…Arithmophobia: fear of numbers… and all the other accompanying complications!) Oh, but trust me to see all that coming, yeah, I had it all… figured out! The big picture, clear as day was going to be fabulous with my “unfailing strategy” – Beautiful kids, perfect brains and Happy Happy smiles!!! – The perfect picture indeed!

In essence, I had a lot of inadequacies I was battling with, small wonder I desired my exact opposite; he was going to be everything that I was not to make up for my weaknesses and boy, did he have a lot of complementing to do!

See more: http:///1CrFz2n

(1) (Reply)

How Can You Be This Rich.....A poem and a call to service / 2015 Nairaland Pen-man Writing Collaboration / Episode 5: Behind Shades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.