Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote (620 Views)

Female Jehovah's Witness Knocks At Man's House, He Opens The Door While Naked / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) / Diary Of A Jehovah's Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 30, 2015
As Nigerians prepare to elect new leaders that will run the affairs of the country in the next four years, members of Jehovah’s Witness have been banned from participating in the electoral process and by implication, they are forbidden from voting for any candidate or contesting in any election.

They claimed that participating in an election was satanic and contrary to God’s commandment.
P.M.NEWS findings revealed that members of Jehovah’s Witness were warned not to obtain voter’s cards and that they should not vote during the elections.

The directive was not a mere order as any member found participating or voting during the elections will be excommunicated.
When our reporter spoke to some of the members who confirmed the directive, they claimed that the order was right because they are still waiting for the kingdom of God that is yet to be establshed on earth.

A minister in the congregation, James Uduok, explained that every member of Jehovah’s Witness knows that participating in election is satanic and contrary to the will of God.

Uduok said that the teaching of the Witness was strongly embedded in the Bible and all members must adhere strictly to the teaching or leave the congregation.

The members defended their decision not to vote or get involved in the electoral process by quoting Mathew 6: 9 and Mathew 4: 8.
Mathew 6: 9 says: “This is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven may your holy name be honoured. May your kingdom come.”
To members of Jehovah’s Witness, this scripture implies that the kingdom of God has not come and they are still waiting for it to come.

Also, Mathew 4: 8 is a scripture that dwells on how the devil took Jesus to a high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and promised to give them to Him if He bowed down and worshipped him. Members of Jehovah’s Witness claim that this world belongs to satan and insist that God’s kingdom has not yet come.

When our reporter sought the views of non members, especially pastors, their response was contrary to the teaching of the Witnesses.
Pastor Jude Chukwurah noted that their belief was strange because the same Bible mandated Christians to respect constituted authority.
“God recognises leadership and authority of leaders in the society,” he said.

Chukwurah said even in ages past, there was clamour for leaders as reported in the Bible and the people elected their leaders.
Another pastor, Michael James, said the Witnesses are misinterpreting the Bible and should be ignored.

He warned that their belief was not consistent with biblical teaching, adding that if such teaching is followed it could lead their members to imbibe false doctrine that could lead them to hell.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/01/30/jehovahs-witness-asks-members-not-to-vote/
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by Chanchit: 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
Make una wait, GOd kingdom go come meet una inside grave.
Una kuku no reach 1m.

I'm free to say this cos no JW would come and quote me, their pastor must have warned them never to come to nairaland.com

1 Like

Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by SeverusSnape(m): 3:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
Good for them
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by klodike(m): 3:20pm On Jan 30, 2015
Lool
Chanchit:
Una kuku no reach 1m.

I'm free to say this cos no JW would come and quote me, their pastor must have warned them never to come to nairaland.com
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
Chanchit:
Una kuku no reach 1m.

Lol, they'll soon come and quote you
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
Rubbish. I dont know were the take such mentality not to vote. But if a politician put borehole in the village, the will go and fetch You woun't dare hear them say anything against that, if a politician give their children scholarship, to go school in abroad, never will the see it as a sin Na to vote come be worst sin, were worst pass the one judas sold Jesus. Fooools!

Which bible them the read self?
Cuz my own bible tell me say when judas died, the apostle ELECT, Mathias to replace Judas place. In other word election was first practice in the bible.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by Misogynist2014(m): 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2015
Weird people.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by Redoil: 3:31pm On Jan 30, 2015
Töo many problem plaguing the jewithness
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by Redoil: 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2015
Töo many problem plaguing the jewithness.
May God help us to know the truth always in jesus name.
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by sammieblaize: 3:46pm On Jan 30, 2015
Chanchit:
Una kuku no reach 1m.

lmfao chai cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jehovah’s Witness Asks Members Not To Vote by macof(m): 6:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
This JW people are funny...but I admire them cus they follow the Bible to the last word, at least to the best of their knowledge. Making them the least hypocritical denomination of Christians.

but do they own cars? Cus Bible never said Christians should own cars undecided

(1) (Reply)

The Beautiful Heaven And The Horrible Hell / Pinpointing The Start Of World War 3 By Roy / Difference Between Prayer And Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.