Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,320 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) (53045 Views)

Prophet Mboro Asks Members To Wave Their Pants And Touch Their Private Parts / "Who Can Donate N1 Billion?" Pastor Adeboye Asks - Daddy Freeze, Davido React / Nigerian Congregation In London Rejects Pastor Asks Him To Leave The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:04pm On May 01, 2016
This Happened In My Church Today

Pastor preached about tithing in church today, and after sermon, he asked all salary earners (private and public) to stand.

To my utmost perplexity, he (the Pastor) directed the Secretary to start writing their NAMES and their MONTHLY SALARIES respectively.

Will he start coercing them to pay tithes to him personally based on their monthly salaries or what? Is it compulsory for a Pastor to know his members' salaries? What does he want to do with it?
These are some of the questions that ran through my mind in church then. Till this moment, I seem not to know his intention until next week. I wonder what churches are turning to these days.

Does anyone have an idea of what he will likely do with their names and monthly salaries?

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by talktonase(m): 3:07pm On May 01, 2016
bros OP make we vex just go open church abeg.This nonsense don dey too much.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by richardjemedafe1(m): 3:10pm On May 01, 2016
tenk mavugulandugum for bringing me to earth as a pegan..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Thylord(m): 3:13pm On May 01, 2016
Haven't you heard that church business is a serious buisness,allow the pastor to make his cool cash,if the followers are dummies.thank you and dont mention.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by domopps(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2016
Tithe is a special platform that God has ordained or reserved for our Financial Fortune but it takes who God has open his/her inner eye to see and walk in the platform! God doesn't need tithe neither does the pst do but individuals that are paying it needs it to provokes God's blessings and preserve it upon their lives........once your pst make them see the realm they are expected to walk with God the DRAMA earlier in your church was not needed!

Cheeeeeeers

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by lecturerdabo(m): 3:17pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
Pastor preached about tithing in church today, and after sermon, he asked all salary earners (private and public) to stand.
To my utmost perplexity, he (the Pastor) directed the Secretary to start writing their NAMES and their MONTHLY SALARIES respectively.
Will he start coercing them to pay tithes to him personally based on their monthly salaries or what? Is it compulsory for a Pastor to know his members' salaries? What does he want to do with it?
These are some of the questions that ran through my mind in church then. Till this moment, I seem not to know his intention until next week. I wonder what churches are turning to these days.

Does anyone have an idea of what he will likely do with their names and monthly salaries?

CC: Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun, Semid4lyfe

Your pastor abi?

Now that you are asking me, how am I supposed to know?

Pls go and ask him the question?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by TrumpDonald(m): 3:24pm On May 01, 2016
And them mumu stand up. Anyway they are forgiven

But if them mumu pay, then I go knw say all of them no well.

U already know y and yet u still asking.

Okk he wants to pray for their salaries to increase grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by lecturerdabo(m): 3:26pm On May 01, 2016
domopps:
Tithe is a special platform that God has ordained or reserved for our Financial Fortune but it takes who God has open his/her inner eye to see and walk in the platform! God doesn't need tithe neither does the pst do but individuals that are paying it needs it to provokes God's blessings upon their lives........once your pst make them see the realm they are expected to walk with God the DRAMA earlier in your church was not needed!

Cheeeeeeers

Would have agreed with you if the pastors are not flying around in private jets while tither trek!

Would have believed you if the universities being built from these tithes are meant to help the poor tithers but no! They are for the Alhajis!

Would have believed you if the tithes are being used to offer scholarships to students in Zamfara, Sokoto, Katsina etc like the Muslims are doing in Ebonyi BUT NO! We are busy shouting "they want to islamise Nigeria" yet busy turning church to business empires!!

God have mercy on us all teaching heresies!!!

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:29pm On May 01, 2016
talktonase:
bros OP make we vex just go open church abeg.This nonsense don dey too much.
Ah tell you..maybe someday, he'll ask anyone who had intimacy with their wives in that week to stand grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Optimisticgondy(m): 3:37pm On May 01, 2016
lecturerdabo:

Your pastor abi?

Now that you are asking me, how am I supposed to know?

Pls go and ask him the question?
Hahahaha..well, we'll see what happen next week..A bro says he'll leave the church if he tries anything funny. Come to think of it, this is a renowned church denomination with branches almost in every town in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by talktonase(m): 3:38pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
Ah tell you..maybe someday, he'll ask anyone who had intimacy with their wives in that week to stand grin grin
lmfao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by annunaki2(m): 3:43pm On May 01, 2016
domopps:
Tithe is a special platform that God has ordained or reserved for our Financial Fortune but it takes who God has open his/her inner eye to see and walk in the platform! God doesn't need tithe neither does the pst do but individuals that are paying it needs it to provokes God's blessings upon their lives........once your pst make them see the realm they are expected to walk with God the DRAMA earlier in your church was not needed!

Cheeeeeeers

Church tithing today from monetary income is a man made doctrine that is derived from twisting scriptures.

16 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by lecturerdabo(m): 3:44pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:
Hahahaha..well, we'll see what happen next week..A bro says he'll leave the church if he tries anything funny. Come to think of it, this is a renowned church denomination with branches almost in every town in Nigeria.

We know them churches and what they are capable of!

Every believer should strive to know the mind of God! Only through that can one escape being scamed by our GOD OF MEN!!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by annunaki2(m): 3:51pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

Kuku tell us the name of the denomination. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Varagous(f): 4:09pm On May 01, 2016
domopps:

Cheeeeeeers
well said! he should just preach the Word!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by misreal(m): 4:50pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

CC: Lalasticlala, mynd44, seun, Semid4lyfe
i believe in tithing,but the drama was not needed.

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by mackhunter77: 5:12pm On May 01, 2016
LET'S NOT WASTE OUR TIME TALKING ABOUT PASTORS LIKE THIS

THEY CLAIM THEY WERE CALLED SO LET THEM PREPARE THEIR REPORTS FOR JUDGMENT DAY

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by tommykiwi(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2016
End time pastor.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 01, 2016
Seriously?? Are you asking me those questions undecided

1 Like

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by SmooshCHN: 5:23pm On May 01, 2016
That's the last time I'll set my foot in that church.

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by kingsley113: 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
church business

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

Can't happen in a catholic dimension...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by slimpoppa(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2016
no be small o
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by WHOcarex: 5:25pm On May 01, 2016
Na Una sabi o
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
Optimisticgondy:

He wants to calculate the amount due, and to start following them when they don't give to pay up. Standard manipulation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by winkmart: 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
I NO GO WRITE SHISHI

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nakairogold(f): 5:26pm On May 01, 2016
I dont believe this story.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 01, 2016
Op, will u go to that church next Sunday?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by popesam1(m): 5:28pm On May 01, 2016
wahala dey oo
Re: Pastor Asks Members To Write Their Salaries Amount (Private And Public Workers) by opalu: 5:28pm On May 01, 2016
A tithing church is a growing one

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TD Jakes Traces Igbo Roots, Visits Nigeria (Photos) / Prophet Elijah Ayodele: "Fayemi Will Win Ekiti Governorship Elections" / Was Adam Truly The First Man On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.