Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints (20621 Views)

US Doctor & Missionary Sucessfully Treated For Ebola Hospitalised / EBOLA: FEC Approves Full Body Scanners At Ports Of Entry / Surgeons Sucessfully Reduce Baby’s Six Legs To Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Masculity(m): 6:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
amunkita:
OP two things re involved:
* Either u re a Confirm water child
OR
* U re the carrier of Lassa Fever antidote....
omo see gobe oo he wan crosify d dude by al means.

1 Like

Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by TheAziz: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2016
this is also happening to me, but mine will take like the 4th time before recognition
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by ogaprime(m): 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2016
Bossforeva:
The unsuccessful recognition of my fingerprint scan, has been giving me much worries.
it really looks like a non-issue, but because of this, i have not been able to get my New National ID, Voters Card and more recently today, i went to obtain my BVN from GTBank and the same Biometrics Issue occurred. Now am thinking of getting an International Passport, and i dn't want the embarrassment where people will be getting theirs while i'll be told to kindly step aside after unsuccessful trials. It really makes one feel incomplete.
The green light when using Dermalog doesn't show on all of them. Some are yellow others outright red. I suspect it is as a result of my soft and little bit moist palm.
please if you have a solution, kindly tell me as i need help.
Thanks... Mods, Seun kindly frontpage too

Guy either you don do konkere and ponpon work before or you too dey slap people so your fingerprint thread come dey fade....

Solution:
Get hammer and chisel so as to chisel and re-thread your fingerprints threads and then use petrol to rinse. Then apply coconut oil then wear cotton gloves

Don't bother to thank me...
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2016
BleSSedMee:

It thus means you got a condition called 'hyperhidrosis'

I'd advice you see a Doc
it has not gotten to that level, but which Doc do you suggest?
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 20, 2016
If it's about doing your BVN at Gtbank, the enrolment officer should snap your palm, that's the procedure when every other means is unsuccessful.

1 Like

Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by playtheblues(f): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
It's not as if you are a ghost or you re-incarnated....
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Vivly(f): 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2016
You should be allowed to use your tongue for the biometric verification seeing as tongue prints like fingerprints are unique.
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by femynho(m): 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
use ur toes na
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by elrony(m): 8:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
happens to me every time I'm doing any biometric kinda registration or verification.

at GTB BVN unit. ...
I clean hand tire that day ehn... The lady got frustrated and asked what I did with my fingers, I cheekily told her "blood money"...

@Bossforeva nothing is wrong with you, just clean your hands properly and smile when you are having your biometrics... (that's our Martian secret of adaptation).

#proudly_Martian
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by elrony(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
femynho:
use ur toes na
toes ....really??
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by anumide(f): 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2016
kelvyn7:
Your finger print details is beyond the scope of the biometric machine shocked

it cannot understand it lipsrsealed

I'm laughing so hard, dad thinks I'm crazy.
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by tayoccu(m): 8:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
Bossforeva:
The unsuccessful recognition of my fingerprint scan, has been giving me much worries.
it really looks like a non-issue, but because of this, i have not been able to get my New National ID, Voters Card and more recently today, i went to obtain my BVN from GTBank and the same Biometrics Issue occurred. Now am thinking of getting an International Passport, and i dn't want the embarrassment where people will be getting theirs while i'll be told to kindly step aside after unsuccessful trials. It really makes one feel incomplete.
The green light when using Dermalog doesn't show on all of them. Some are yellow others outright red. I suspect it is as a result of my soft and little bit moist palm.
please if you have a solution, kindly tell me as i need help.
Thanks... Mods, Seun kindly frontpage too

dab a little petroleum jelly on your fingertips before placing your hands on the scanner.
it helps
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by smushi(m): 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Ur otumokpo too much for body.....if u get odeshi go remove am, but if u no get, go ask ur parent wetin dem do. Fact!!!
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by luvly101: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2016
You can try beating your fingers with a pen or bite it a little. cool
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 20, 2016
amunkita:
OP two things re involved:

* Either u re a Confirm water child

OR

* U re the carrier of Lassa Fever antidote....
hehe 9jirians ehh.. Lwkmd grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by nouvelle(f): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
blublahd:

Why is it a big issue?
And is it truly hereditary?

Why is sweaty palm a big issue for biometrics? Because the moisture on the fingers won't let the machine read the print, the sweat make it blurry and prints won't show clearly.
I cannot categorically say it's hereditary without facts but I know people who have sweaty palms and feet and say they got it from one of their parents.
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 20, 2016
Reduce salt intake. Your palms should get drier.
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 21, 2016
nouvelle:

Why is sweaty palm a big issue for biometrics? Because the moisture on the fingers won't let the machine read the print, the sweat make it blurry and prints won't show clearly.
I cannot categorically say it's hereditary without facts but I know people who have sweaty palms and feet and say they got it from one of their parents.
I thought you meant something aside from biometrics.

I was hoping to hear another reason that causes it but I believe it being hereditary is a fact.
It can be quite embarrassing.
Thanks for your time.
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Karleyb: 6:27am On Jan 21, 2016
Bossforeva:
Lalasticlala pls can u take this issue to Nairaland Front-page. This problem reappeared when I went for my MTN Sim Registration.

Prayer and fasting bro! if you con go america nko? they will think u jump mexico boarder to enter o shocked
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Maximillian1: 7:33pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheAziz:
this is also happening to me, but mine will take like the 4th time before recognition
mad man..that ur hand wey touch plenty tins for sec. Scholl
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by TheAziz: 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
Maximillian1:
mad man..that ur hand wey touch plenty tins for sec. Scholl
Oga boss u still tackle me rch here
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by Maximillian1: 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
TheAziz:

Oga boss u still tackle me rch here
choi..boss u never crash?
Re: Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints by density688(m): 11:52pm On Feb 22, 2018
I have a similar issue today, I feel so disappointed wen I went to registered d national I.D Card, most of d people I assisted nearly shed tears on my behalf, I wish I could have solution from dis forrum

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share Your Experience With Natural Skin Care Remedies Here / 2,131 Pregnant Women Test Positive To HIV In Lagos / Governor Zulum Suspends All Hospital Staff For Abandoning Patients In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.