Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? (683 Views)

Reasons Why You Should Replace Sugar With Honey / IGP Directs Hospitals To Treat Gunshot Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? by engrtee(f): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
A surgical robot fitted with multiple arms has carried out its debut operation in England, which will make new treatments possible for the first time.
The Da Vinci XI, which is hand operated by surgeons, has the ability to make tiny and precise incisions, replacing some traditional operations which require cutting patients open and months of recovery, with far less invasive keyhole surgery.
The robot was developed by Intuitive Surgical, headquartered in Sunnyvale, California to enable “complex, multi-quadrant surgery using a minimally invasive approach”.
The Da Vinci Surgical System consists of an ergonomic surgeon console or consoles, a patient-side cart with three or four interactive arms, a high-performance 3D-HD vision system, intuitive motion and proprietary Endowment instruments. Intuitive Surgical said: “The Da Vinci Surgical System is designed to scale, filter and seamlessly translate the surgeon's hand movements into more precise movements of the EndoWrist instruments.
Re: Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 30, 2015
noo!
some wire might disconnect for d robot head during the process
and he will cut u to pieces
or even give u wrong injection grin

1 Like

Re: Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
Well. It depends. But itz gon be Supa weird
Re: Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
Can't know or care if you're already knocked out before the operation. So far it saves my life I'd allow even a dog operate on me.
Re: Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? by ArchEnemy(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
Popshugz:
Well. It depends. But itz gon be Supa weird
I ll go with the post above; It depends.
For example, if its already a well performed procedure by the robot. I might not object.
Re: Very Soon,robots Will Replace Doctors.wil You Let A Robot Treat You? by dkronicle(m): 8:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
ow many years course the robot attend ?

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Man Refuses To Leave Clinic For 3 Years & Has To Be Removed By Police. / Burn 20 Kgs In Weight In 21 Days / Suppliments For Healthy Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.