Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Take Heed - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Take Heed (493 Views)

If Only Parents Can Heed To This Advice!!! / Why Don't Men Heed This Warning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Take Heed by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
Take heed

There is this Woman in my life that am greatly indebted to. I wrote her name into my secret book. And I pin everyday that future may come so I can pay her back...in full.
But alas ! On a manic noon typical of early moon, my phone rang. Upon hitting the green button, the voice at the other end crawled into life : "your boss, Mrs. Ngozi went home yesterday because she was feeling malaria. But her family called office today that she died over the night !"
I replied sharply : "common man this aint April please, you cant fool me . That joke is dry." I hung up after a little more converse, but I still dont belive. "is that how people die ?" I asked my self. I chat with her that yesterday.

I dialed her number, it was switched off.
Now, thats strange.

I ran as fast as I could to her Whatsapp contact, trying to chat with her. Her "last seen" was 5 :33 a.m today. Thank God, I retorted.
Immediately I sent her a message... "hello ma, how is your day going ? I tried your number but it was switched off. Just want to hear your voice ma. Take care, will call you back later today."

But then, something got my attention on her Whatsapp contact. Her status changed about 8hours ago to "Sleeping", instead of the usual "Busy" . Now, thats very strange. And that actually pulled my nerve.
I called three of my guys, and they all started the conversation with a similar lyrics..."sorry bro, have your heard that..."
my fears now is confirmed.

God why, why, why ?
The beautiful lillies fall, the hugly thorns live !
Why must good people die, while the bad ones live !

My promises of payback has failed !
My pinning for the future, wasted.
My heart now drenched in guilt. My soul feels like an ingrate.
I should have been more good to her at present, instead of waiting for a treacherous future.
I should have begin the pay back as little as I can instead of procastinating it.
I should have look her up, as often as I can, in the face to let her know I grateful I am for my dreams she made true, my troubles that she shared, and my pains that she took away, instead of keeping all that in my mind waiting for the "best time".
I will forever live upon that guilt.

Dear reader, take heed in my mistake. From the mistake of a fool, a wise man correct his own.
Show gratitude today, show love, show forgiveness.
Say "thank you" as often as you can when people do good to you, and forgive them quickly when they wrong you. The future is not certain ! Next minute is not guaranteed !

Pope Jhon Paul ii said "the future start today not tomorrow".
But me I think, the future starts right now not today !

(1) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Perfection / How To Deal With Failure / Mothers, Who They Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.