Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Can A Subcutaneous Mass(lipoma?) Of Over 5 Years Be Cancerous? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Subcutaneous Mass(lipoma?) Of Over 5 Years Be Cancerous? (686 Views)

Huge Cancerous Tumour Removed From Kidney Of Poor Child In Port Harcourt (Pics) / Can A Broken Bone Of Three Years Be Amended. / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Subcutaneous Mass(lipoma?) Of Over 5 Years Be Cancerous? by deleib(m): 11:48am On Jan 31, 2015
I have a subcutaneous mass at the left detoit part of my harm for over five years now. I was not really concerned about it until now that i find out that it's getting biga.

My question is that how long can cancer live in an individual b4 it starts to make him sick? because i'm hail and hearty. I wana knw if cancer can kill sm1 within five years if the pesn doesn't take any treatment.
Re: Can A Subcutaneous Mass(lipoma?) Of Over 5 Years Be Cancerous? by omicron(m): 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2015
It depends on the type of cancer it is, the grade and the stage. An angressive cancer, like a lung cancer, might have killed more than half of its sufferers, whereas, a less aggressive one, like a melanoma, might take much longer time, all other things being equal.

You should go to a hospital and have it checked up. Usually, an excision biopsy will be done for u after necessary work up. This entails a surgical removal of the mass, and taking the removed tissue to the histology lab in order to know if it is cancerous or not, and the stage and grade of the cancer.
Re: Can A Subcutaneous Mass(lipoma?) Of Over 5 Years Be Cancerous? by deleib(m): 3:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
omicron:
It depends on the type of cancer it is, the grade and the stage. An angressive cancer, like a lung cancer, might have killed more than half of its sufferers, whereas, a less aggressive one, like a melanoma, might take much longer time, all other things being equal.

You should go to a hospital and have it checked up. Usually, an excision biopsy will be done for u after necessary work up. This entails a surgical removal of the mass, and taking the removed tissue to the histology lab in order to know if it is cancerous or not, and the stage and grade of the cancer.
ok, thank u sir.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should Every Woman SHAVE Her Face? / Differences Between Aspire Nautilus And Nautilus Mini / An Eye Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.