Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students (2238 Views)

Lasu's Best Graduating Student Welcomes Baby Hours After Graduating / OAU Students Celebrate Their Costume Day In Style. Photos / Lead City University Clinic Welcomes First Ever Baby Since 10 Years Of Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by Emmafe(m): 4:20am On Feb 01, 2015
[img]http://1.bp..com/-lvioDN51-pY/VM0lV1IzdtI/AAAAAAAACAo/o5KueA6_FsM/s1600/OAU%2Bnew%2Be-students.jpg[/img]

The Obafemi Awolowo University’s Center for Distance Learning (OAUCDL) today welcomed its pioneer set for the Online Distance Learning Programme. This was at
the Matriculation Ceremony which held at the Oduduwa Hall of the OAU Main Campus.
The OAUCDL Online Distance Learning programme is accredited by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC) and allows students to receive their lectures online using a customized study tablet (Vigitab).

The Vice Chancellor of Obafemi Awolowo University, Professor Bamitale Omole, whilst addressing the students, said: “you have the singular honor of being the first set of students in our eLearning programme, the first of its type in Nigeria. I congratulate you on being pioneers of the e-Learning revolution in the country. I want to assure you that your distant learning mode of admission does not in any way imply inferiority in status, compared to our
conventional students, either in terms of lecture delivery or the certificates you receive at the end of
your programmes. Our university guards jealously the integrity of its degrees and diplomas whether obtained in the conventional or distance learning mode. Hence your various curricula have gone through the usual high standards of excellence of the University Senate for which Obafemi Awolowo University is well known.”

The Center for Distance Learning Director, Professor Bode Asubiojo, speaking also at the ceremony said:
“This development is the first of its kind in Nigeria and we are pleased with it. We have replicated the classroom experience on a tablet device for students.
For the first time, students can receive lectures,submit assignments, participate in forums, take quizzes, and even rewind their lecturers, all from the comfort of their homes, offices or wherever they may be in Nigeria or abroad.”

The eLearning solution is powered by a Learning Management System (VigiLearn) that allows students to receive lectures, submit assignments, relate with peers, participate in group discussions and get graded without being physically within the four walls of a lecture room. The Vigitab is specifically built for Nigeria and allow for users to continue to study and receive lectures with limited internet connection.

“Our primary charge at the Center for Distance Learning of Obafemi Awolowo University is to provide quality education to the teeming number of Nigerian.youths who possess the prerequisite qualifications for
entry to Nigerian Universities but are denied admission owing to inadequate facilities on campus and the working class who are desirous of pursuing undergraduate and post graduate programmes whilst still retaining their jobs; the Online Distance Learning programme allows us to deliver on this objective.”
Professor Asubiojo highlighted.

Courses on offer for the Online Distance Learning Programme are B.Sc. Accounting and Bachelor of Nursing Science. The Center plans to include more courses in the future.

Source : www.oaucampus.com

1 Like

Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by dimensional(m): 5:53am On Feb 01, 2015
A welcome development, a bold step by OAU hope others follow
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by Joshkid(m): 5:58am On Feb 01, 2015
smiley
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by tpiah01: 6:21am On Feb 01, 2015
That's very interesting.

There seem to be more females than males though, in the picture.

Have more males not heard about the program, or they prefer brick and mortar classrooms.
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by hopeforcharles(m): 6:40am On Feb 01, 2015
Nice development, we need more of these in Nigeria,
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by yhusiee(f): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2015
Akuko n'egwu!!! I will sooo follow up this development and c where it will take them. Our regular university students will go 2 skul in some cases n not c any lecturers 2 lecture dem, not 2 talk of wn dey dnt go 2 skul @ all, and did I hear dem mention "costomised study tablet"? LOL, its nt a study tablet, it is a cotomised social network tablet jooor, plus free internet join. Dem go hear am
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by yhusiee(f): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2015
#just sayin#
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by kolomax(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2015
abeg how will they write exam without cheating
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by Ehimenboy(m): 12:03pm On Feb 01, 2015
yhusiee:
Akuko n'egwu!!! I will sooo follow up this development and c where it will take them. Our regular university students will go 2 skul in some cases n not c any lecturers 2 lecture dem, not 2 talk of wn dey dnt go 2 skul @ all, and did I hear dem mention "costomised study tablet"? LOL, its nt a study tablet, it is a cotomised social network tablet jooor, plus free internet join. Dem go hear am
Medieval. I could have overlooked but, it's just too medieval to pass by. It's the 21st century, man!
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by Ehimenboy(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
I'm glad a Nigerian school is going into online education because recently, I was whining about the fact that there were no universities in Nigeria offering online courses.
Only that it wasn't my school that began it, and at this time. I hope they take up the initiative too.
Anyway, good one for OAU!
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by Zedicusdgreat: 12:59pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ehimenboy:
I'm glad a Nigerian school is going into online education because recently, I was whining about the fact that there were no universities in Nigeria offering online courses.
Only that it wasn't my school that began it, and at this time. I hope they take up the initiative too.
Anyway, good one for OAU!
sir OAU is not the first skul in Nigeria to offer online courses...we av NOUN (national open University, Nigeria) and University Of Ibadan
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by IceSplash(f): 1:09pm On Feb 01, 2015
a giant step
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by Ehimenboy(m): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
Zedicusdgreat:
sir OAU is the first skul in Nigeria to offer online courses...we av NOUN (national open University, Nigeria) and University Of Ibadan
Thanks for the info.
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by tpiah01: 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
IceSplash:
a giant step

True.
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by liveyourlife: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Interesting!

Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher
-Japanese Proverb.

If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade,
plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.
-Chinese Proverb

Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.
-John Dewey

hope they also use http://
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by Zedicusdgreat: 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2015
Ehimenboy:

Thanks for the info.
u r welcomed
Re: OAU Welcomes First Set Of E-students by awule: 11:39am On Nov 22, 2017
Student E-Learning Application & Tablet @ N30,000
Quality e-Learning Experience
on the Go!

Nigeria company develops an e-learning App that enables Students pass their JSCE, SSCE, JAMB exams with flying colours

AN INNOVATIVE E-LEARNING TABLET SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREPARATION FOR JAMB,JSCE,BECE WAEC AND NECO ETC & MORE

Contains the following

· Over 2,000 video tutorials in the app teaching Mathematics, Use of English, Physics, Chemistry, Commerce, Biology, Government, Financial Accounting, Economics, Geography and Literature in English.
· Over 100,000 practice problems from JAMB, WAEC, GCE and Aptitude Tests
· No internet required
· Educational games in the app to keep you engaged at all times.
· A personalized learning dashboard
· A personalized learning engine to help you track what you have learned and recommend what you can do next.
· Progress reports via SMS
· Automated exercises and remote examinations with continuous assessments.
· Self-paced, provides consistent content, fast and works anywhere and anytime.
· A chat like WhatsApp to help you share knowledge.
· Special private tutorials for you
The Secondary School E-learning Tablet + App comes in 2 variants: SSCE, JSCE,

FEATURES OF THE SSCE E-LEARNING TABLET +APP.

Over 99,000 revision past questions and answers covering WAEC, NECO, SSCE &JAMB exams for the past 25 years
Over 2,000 key video tutorials on WAEC curriculum approved subjects
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

Features of the JSCE E-Learning Tablet + App

Revision past questions and answers covering Junior Secondary Exams
Video class tutorials on the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science, Introductory Technology, Civic Education, Agricultural Science, Computer science & Social Studies
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

RE SELLERS WANTED NATIONWIDE.

How to Make 500K Monthly Profit as a Reseller of the E-learning Tablet + App.
The market potential for the Student E-learning Tablet + App. is enormous! Every secondary school student in Nigeria needs this Tab + App. As a reseller, you can sell to students, parents, Secondary schools, cyber cafes, Tutorial centres ,education support NGOs , Government agencies etc This is a moneymaking opportunity you can?t afford to miss!
.TO BECOME A RESELLER CALL/ WHATSAPP: 08036911296, 08033264815,
LAGOS OFFICE
Bethelmndels Int?l Ltd
27, Atunikeolabanji street, off John Olugbo street, Through unity Road, Ikeja Lagos, 08180065490
http://mendelsedutablets.com

(1) (Reply)

Reasons To Study In Philippines / Nairaland Mathematicians! Please Solve These Maths Questions / The Federal Poly Ado Part Time Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.