Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,533 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up (2793 Views)

To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven / Andrew Remilekun- Divine Revelation Of Heaven And Hell (no Time To Waste) / Revelation Of Heaven And Hell By Andrew Remilekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 6:10am On Feb 01, 2015
Sometimes my mind drifts back to those silly things some elderly ones told us why we were still growing up. Now I know how stupid and ignorant such people have been for inculcating so much rubbish in our young and open minds!!! Below are some of them:

1. That God is going to play everybody's video clip on the life they lived on earth during judgement. Ehn? Na so? So God dor turn movie producer? I bet you, before God go play everybody video clip wey dey stay for my area finish, e go tire sef grin Now I know that idea is pure crap! I just wonder what means the videos would be played DVD or VCD? If it is DVD, then what make? Would it be Samsung or Sony? Or maybe, a projector with a good use of Microsoft Powerpoint grin

2. That Hell is underground and heaven is located in the sky. The fact: heaven and hell have much to do with the mindset. Heaven can only be found in the heart of a man; so also is hell! some ignorant people even went as far as telling us that if the ground is dug deep, cries of people under torture in hell would be heardgrin Nansense! If you dig the ground very deep, na water and more water u go see.

3. That there is a big book called 'book of life' and another one called 'book of death'. God would look at the books to see if your name is in the first one or the second one. If your name is on the first, he sends you to heaven and to hell if your name is in the second one! Trash!!! If God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent as we are told, would it not be possible for God to know where one is going to without opening any book?

4. That there is a very thin bridge between heaven and hell. One would be in heaven and see those in hell and vice versa. Rubbish! I need a photograph to verify this; not a photo shopped picgrin

It pains me that some adults still believe these trash till today and they end up selling these to the kids! Young minds being deceived...my sympathy!

Feel free to add yours.

Happy Sunday peeps,
I know say Mama Idemudia go vex if I nor go shurshgrin but I nor send!!!

4 Likes

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 01, 2015
Lol.. Yes o! When i was small, some adults use to tell me all those shiiit. Good topic to start my sunday cheesy
op, tho that number three is kinda true, cos its even in the bible, buh i dont think its really a 'book' persay.
The rest are lies. I remember digging the ground with stick to see if i can see hell when i was young lol.
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by austyno4justice(m): 6:58am On Feb 01, 2015
..@OP....and you feel you've confirmed that they are not true? Well, the fact that you've written this will probably show on ur screen that day. Watch it gurl!
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by elantraceey(f): 8:14am On Feb 01, 2015
Before you debunk something as not true you should have facts to prove they are not .

But your no 1 is correct though.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 8:34am On Feb 01, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Lol.. Yes o! When i was small, some adults use to tell me all those shiiit. Good topic to start my sunday cheesy
op, tho that number three is kinda true, cos its even in the bible, buh i dont think its really a 'book' persay.
The rest are lies. I remember digging the ground with stick to see if i can see hell when i was young lol.

My sis, all na wash wash!
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 8:39am On Feb 01, 2015
austyno4justice:
..@OP....and you feel you've confirmed that they are not true? Well, the fact that you've written this will probably show on ur screen that day. Watch it gurl!

U dey call me gurl? Btw, dem dor wash ur head be dat grin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 8:43am On Feb 01, 2015
elantraceey:
Before you debunk something as not true you should have facts to prove they are not .

Nor let dem deceive u. Common sense should tell u so.
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by lokito: 8:46am On Feb 01, 2015
Mama iku, our neighbour even told me that there's a depth you'll dig to the ground and u'll see people living underground, that they call that place semi-hell.

Now I'm all grown anytime I see that woman, I just smh @such height of ignorance

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by johnydon22(m): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2015
elantraceey:

but you that claim they are true, where are your facts?

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:21am On Feb 01, 2015
There is foolish pentecostal evangelist preaching on a juction very close to my house at around 5am or 6am. He said sinners would burn for eternity; this I hear it everytime. The most foolish thing he said was that fingers only would butn for 200 years with intense pain while other body parts take another centruies. Lying on my bed and hearing this disturbing fallcay, I will just laugh. The only thing that comes to my mind is, if it take 200 years for ordinary finger to burn, no matter what the pain is, I would have adapted to the pain because 24 hours is completed. Come to think of it, as a naija guy, we go don develop our tech in hell and those in boring heaven will rush down and join us.

#putThePartyOnFire.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by UrbanMystique: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2015
that your shadow will take life form and testifies for or against you on judgement day

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:32am On Feb 01, 2015
lokito:
Mama iku, our neighbour even told me that there's a depth you'll dig to the ground and u'll see people living underground, that they call that place semi-hell.

Now I'm all grown anytime I see that woman, I just smh @such height of ignorance

Mama Iku was high on local gin when she said thatgrin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by lokito: 10:33am On Feb 01, 2015
Rapmoney:

Mama Iku was high on local gin when she said thatgrin
Lmfao
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:34am On Feb 01, 2015
UrbanMystique:
that your shadow will take life form and testifies for or against you on judgement day

grin never heard this before grin

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:35am On Feb 01, 2015
johnydon22:

but you that claim they are true, where are your facts?

Please ask her very well cheesy

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by lokito: 10:36am On Feb 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:
There is foolish pentecostal evangelist preaching on a juction very close to my house at around 5am or 6am. He said sinners would burn for eternity; this I hear it everytime. The most foolish thing he said was that fingers only would butn for 200 years with intense pain while other body parts take another centruies. Lying on my bed and hearing this disturbing fallcay, I will just laugh. The only thing that comes to my mind is, if it take 200 years for ordinary finger to burn, no matter what the pain is, I would have adapted to the pain because 24 hours is completed. Come to think of it, as a naija guy, we go don develop our tech in hell and those in boring heaven will rush down and join us.

#putThePartyOnFire.

Guy if u dey yearn stop saying 'we'. You're on ur own. I wan go heaven o

3 Likes

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:40am On Feb 01, 2015
lokito:

Guy if u dey yearn stop saying 'we'. You're on ur own. I wan go heaven o

Am I stopping you from going to heaven?
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:54am On Feb 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Am I stopping you from going to heaven?

What is heaven? Where is it located?
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2015
Rapmoney:

What is heaven? Where is it located?

Heaven is the land of fairies and it is located in your mendula

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by UrbanMystique: 11:08am On Feb 01, 2015
elantraceey:

you sometimes or most times, don't need proof to debunk rubbish..

e.g you dont need proof to know that 2+2 is not equals 5. ordinary common sense should tell that.
if i claim that 2+2=5, then, the person that claims it suppose to prove it.
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by kevoh(m): 11:12am On Feb 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

#putThePartyOnFire.

I am more bothered by the REALITY of the noise baring from their loudspeakers at 4 a.m. and disturbing my peaceful sleep not the fairytale.

Christians how would you react if an atheist woke you up with loudspeakers @ 5a.m and started preaching the non-existence of a god and how foolish you guys look when talking heaven and hell?

2 Likes

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by frank317: 11:16am On Feb 01, 2015
Rapmoney:

3. That there is a big book called 'book of life' and another one called 'book of death'. God would look at the books to see if your name is in the first one or the second one. If your name is on the first, he sends you to heaven and to hell if your name is in the second one! Trash!!! If God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent as we are told, would it not be possible for God to know where one is going to without opening any book?

It pains me that some adults still believe these trash till today and they end up selling these to the kids! Young minds being deceived...my sympathy!

Feel free to add yours.

Happy Sunday peeps,
I know say Mama Idemudia go vex if I nor go shurshgrin but I nor send!!!

Sometimes I wonder what it is with God and book. Yet when he wanted to give the first biblical messages he didn't use a book.

Everything about heaven and hell can only be explained with things we see on earth. No one has described hell or heaven with things beyond us. Human imagination at work

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by leke12(m): 11:27am On Feb 01, 2015
Love this thread! Just want u to know that their many heavens and hells(not eternity), it depends how high is ur consciousness and spirituality for u to see them. Come think of it, some places in africa can be compare to hell on earth(sambisa) in regards to heaven on earth (washington DC). Happy sunday
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by CAPTIVATOR: 11:54am On Feb 01, 2015
UrbanMystique:

Lol ... What about the shadow of lions, dog , torchlight and cars !!! Peoples eyes are now opening to all these myths , praise God...... Daniel 12:4 have said it all , at the end time many of the lies of religion will be debunked .
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by johnydon22(m): 12:00pm On Feb 01, 2015
heaven and hell are imaginative myths that was fabricated by religion to keep people in check...

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sometimes my mind drifts back to those silly things some elderly ones told us why we were still growing up.

It pains me that some adults still believe those trash till today and they end up selling them to the kids! Young minds being deceived...my sympathy!

Some even go as far as telling their kids not to participate in some sports in school because it is against their faith.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
frank317:

Sometimes I wonder what it is with God and book. Yet when he wanted to give the first biblical messages he didn't use a book.

Everything about heaven and hell can only be explained with things we see on earth. No one has described hell or heaven with things beyond us. Human imagination at work

Jesus the junior god told his disciples that eyes have not seen neither have ears heard of what the Senior god Yahweh has been preparing for those who believe in him.

For over Two Thousand and Fifteen Years, Yahweh, Jesus and those lazy Angels are yet to finish this work!

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by lepasharon(f): 4:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
The idea of an actual heaven or hell itself is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by frank317: 5:39pm On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

Jesus the junior god told his disciples that eyes have not seen neither have ears heard of what the Senior god Yahweh has been preparing for those who believe in him.

For over Two Thousand and Fifteen Years, Yahweh, Jesus and those lazy Angels are yet to finish this work!

Lol... It took him 6days to create earth, but he needs 2050 years + to finish heaven.

Perhaps he is trying to correct the mistakes he made when, Lucifer, his own creation, took him by surprise a long time ago.
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2015
frank317:

Lol... It took him 6days to create earth, but he needs 2050 years + to finish heaven.

Perhaps he is trying to correct the mistakes he made when, Lucifer, his own creation, took him by surprise a long time ago.

Mistake is his first name. He has destroyed the world twice but unable to correct that same mistake. He had his son/ junior god killed by mere mortal yet couldn't correct same mistake.

Give him a million years, he will keep making same mistake because he's the Master of mistake.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Pr0ton: 6:16pm On Feb 01, 2015
elantraceey:

A quote says, " what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. "

They also say you'll be praising God for your lifetime. If this was true I would not opt in for it. After 2 weeks I would feel so bored like mad.

They also say devil and his gangs will torment you. I wonder if the devils themselves would not be feeling the pain of burning flames undecided

They also say the more you get rich here is the more you decrease in heaven. Infact, they say you must not have more than 1b. in your acct.

They also say that drunkards will be drinking acid in hell; those dancing worldly will dance in hell too. Soki abi grin

I heard one recently where the "heaven returner" said she saw an angel cleaning his trumpet with a cloth ready to blow it. I just wondered; dust in heaven too
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by frank317: 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

Mistake is his first name. He has destroyed the world twice but unable to correct that same mistake. He had his son/ junior god killed by mere mortal yet couldn't correct same mistake.

Give him a million years, he will keep making same mistake because he's the Master of mistake.

Mistake no be small...let's count:

1. Lucifer and his angels ganged up him( their makeroo) in heaven. He vexed and sent them away.

2. Adam and Eve disappoint him, he vexed and sent them out of the garden.

3. Sodom and gomora started acting like some software had malfunctioned, he vexed and sent down rainy fire.

4. Tower of babel was being built by his creations, perhaps he didn't know what the people he created was capable of, well, he vexed and scattered their language.

5. Again soft ware malfunctioned with Noah generation, he vexed and sent down rain

6. He decides to come and Fuuuccckk one of his virgin creations so that he can be born and so that his creations can sacrifice him to him, still sin continues like a plague....

I think he gave up and concentrated on some other smaller planets. No wonder his so called people are left to fight d devil alone.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Awkward Behaviours Around The Church Environment. / Muslims Around The World Are Seeing Jesus In Their Dreams And Its Astonishing / Christian Prince – Nigerian Sheikh Ustaz Jamiu Adegunwa Runs Away From Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.