Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,283 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:59 PM

Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up (2864 Views)

To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven / Andrew Remilekun- Divine Revelation Of Heaven And Hell (no Time To Waste) / Revelation Of Heaven And Hell By Andrew Remilekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2015
frank317:

Mistake no be small...let's count:

1. Lucifer and his angels ganged up him( their makeroo) in heaven. He vexed and sent them away.

2. Adam and Eve disappoint him, he vexed and sent them out of the garden.

3. Sodom and gomora started acting like some software had malfunctioned, he vexed and sent down rainy fire.

4. Tower of babel was being built by his creations, perhaps he didn't know what the people he created was capable of, well, he vexed and scattered their language.

5. Again soft ware malfunctioned with Noah generation, he vexed and sent down rain

6. He decides to come and Fuuuccckk one of his virgin creations so that he can be born and so that his creations can sacrifice him to him, still sin continues like a plague....

I think he gave up and concentrated on some other smaller planets. No wonder his so called people are left to fight d devil alone.

You forgot to add that he ordained Saul king over Israel and later regretted making him king.
Yahweh is a complete dondi!
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by johnydon22(m): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

You forgot to add that he ordained Saul king over Israel and later regretted making him king.
lolzz this is laughable...
But that story shows he doesnt know that saul would eventually turn out bad which means he aint omnipotent... chai this guys that wrote the bible are even more confused about the nature of this dia invented god shaa.. omnipotent, no not omnipotent.. grin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:25pm On Feb 01, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Heaven is the land of fairies and it is located in your mendula

True talk...this is what I want people to see. Heaven and hell dwell only in our minds.
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:28pm On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

Some even go as far as telling their kids not to participate in some sports in school because it is against their faith.

Jehovah witnesses are surely guilty of this grin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
wordcat:

grin grin grin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Misogynist2014(m): 7:41am On Feb 02, 2015
frank317:

1. Lucifer and his angels ganged up him( their makeroo) in heaven. He vexed and sent them away.

3. Sodom and gomora started acting like some software had malfunctioned, he vexed and sent down rainy fire.

4. Tower of babel was being built by his creations, perhaps he didn't know what the people he created was capable of, well, he vexed and scattered their language.

5. Again soft ware malfunctioned with Noah generation, he vexed and sent down rain

6. He decides to come and Fuuuccckk one of his virgin creations so that he can be born and so that his creations can sacrifice him to him, still sin continues like a plague....

I think he gave up and concentrated on some other smaller planets. No wonder his so called people are left to fight d devil alone.
@bolded, just about 100 years ago, virginity was a virtue, marriages lasted, men and women had balanced their relationship except that they worshipped idols, but this day in Nigeria, immorality is fast growing and women are continuously objectified(nairaland a living testimony), once, you saw a beautiful woman and desired to marry her, but now you desire her for sex, once man's domination over his wife was unquestionable, once women saw submission as a necessity, now its choice. Before, I could place my goods outside, put price tag on it and come back to pick my money. If then I will ask you why? Then you will surely say due to Western influence, don't you know bad company spoils good morals? If God had left man without trying to stop Babel, the bad would have corrupted the good and virtue would have been lost in man's race. Men would have gone after gods and turned against YAHWEH, his creator. sad
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 7:45am On Feb 02, 2015
Rapmoney:

Jehovah witnesses are surely guilty of this grin

Lol, I no mention name o
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 7:47am On Feb 02, 2015
johnydon22:

lolzz this is laughable...
But that story shows he doesnt know that saul would eventually turn out bad which means he aint omnipotent... chai this guys that wrote the bible are even more confused about the nature of this dia invented god shaa.. omnipotent, no not omnipotent.. grin

The dude no near anything Omni not to talk of Potent.

He's only what we called try and error!
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by frank317: 8:08am On Feb 02, 2015
Misogynist2014:
@bolded, just about 100 years ago, virginity was a virtue, marriages lasted, men and women had balanced their relationship except that they worshipped idols, but this day in Nigeria, immorality is fast growing and women are continuously objectified(nairaland a living testimony), once, you saw a beautiful woman and desired to marry her, but now you desire her for sex, once man's domination over his wife was unquestionable, once women saw submission as a necessity, now its choice. Before, I could place my goods outside, put price tag on it and come back to pick my money. If then I will ask you why? Then you will surely say due to Western influence, don't you know bad company spoils good morals? If God had left man without trying to stop Babel, the bad would have corrupted the good and virtue would have been lost in man's race. Men would have gone after gods and turned against YAHWEH, his creator. sad

What are you saying? The same reason why Yahweh destroyed the tower, according to you, is still what is happening now. If you think immorality has taken over... Wasn't it what Yahweh was preventing when he destroyed the tower? Your God is fund of acting without thinking and achieving nothing.

Let's look at your first five lines.

100 yrs ago virginity was a virtue, marriage lasted and men and women had balance in their relationship even though they worshipped idol. Now you can see that morality has nothing to do with your God.
Now do you also know that women walked around almost naked? The men didn't even think of r.aping them. But Christianity came with Yahweh's perverted teachings. It changed our mind and exposed us to the significance of unclothedness, something we used to over look. Christianity and Islam came and told us unclothedness is bad, hence we started objectifying women. Religious teachings corrupted our innocent mind. It told our women to cover up, making our men craving for something they never used to crave for. Something they used to see and over look suddenly became a scarce commodity because of Yahweh's interest in woman unclothedness and virginity.

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Sunymoore(m): 11:08am On Feb 02, 2015
elantraceey:
Before you debunk something as not true you should have facts to prove they are not .

But your no 1 is correct though.
Before any shiit should be taught to me, it has to be true as well..
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 12:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
frank317:

What are you saying? The same reason why Yahweh destroyed the tower, according to you, is still what is happening now. If you think immorality has taken over... Wasn't it what Yahweh was preventing when he destroyed the tower? Your God is fund of acting without thinking and achieving nothing.

Let's look at your first five lines.

100 yrs ago virginity was a virtue, marriage lasted and men and women had balance in their relationship even though they worshipped idol. Now you can see that morality has nothing to do with your God.
Now do you also know that women walked around almost naked? The men didn't even think of r.aping them. But Christianity came with Yahweh's perverted teachings. It changed our mind and exposed us to the significance of unclothedness, something we used to over look. Christianity and Islam came and told us unclothedness is bad, hence we started objectifying women. Religious teachings corrupted our innocent mind. It told our women to cover up, making our men craving for something they never used to crave for. Something they used to see and over look suddenly became a scarce commodity because of Yahweh's interest in woman unclothedness and virginity.

I like ur post smiley
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by frank317: 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2015
Rapmoney:

I like ur post smiley

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 2:01pm On Feb 22, 2015
frank317:

Lol...sometimes, I just wonder how God would create earth and then, have no control over evil
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 8:49am On Mar 08, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 8:51am On Mar 08, 2015
wordcat:

The dude no near anything Omni not to talk of Potent.

He's only what we called try and error!
Are you an atheist?
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 9:25am On Mar 08, 2015
Rapmoney:
Are you an atheist?

May be
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 9:30am On Mar 08, 2015
wordcat:

May be
I see! That's why you were able to use those harsh words grin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 9:36am On Mar 08, 2015
Rapmoney:
I see! That's why you were able to use those harsh words grin

I can't use harsh words on nonentity!
We created god in our own imagine and likeness and not the other way.
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 9:44am On Mar 08, 2015
wordcat:

I can't use harsh words on nonentity!
We created god in our own imagine and likeness and not the other way.
Guy, you have gone really far, I must say!
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Nobody: 10:15am On Mar 08, 2015
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by leke12(m): 10:34am On Mar 08, 2015
Rapmoney:
Sometimes my mind drifts back to those silly things some elderly ones told us why we were still growing up. Now I know how stupid and ignorant such people have been for inculcating so much rubbish in our young and open minds!!! Below are some of them:

1. That God is going to play everybody's video clip on the life they lived on earth during judgement. Ehn? Na so? So God dor turn movie producer? I bet you, before God go play everybody video clip wey dey stay for my area finish, e go tire sef grin Now I know that idea is pure crap! I just wonder what means the videos would be played DVD or VCD? If it is DVD, then what make? Would it be Samsung or Sony? Or maybe, a projector with a good use of Microsoft Powerpoint grin

2. That Hell is underground and heaven is located in the sky. The fact: heaven and hell have much to do with the mindset. Heaven can only be found in the heart of a man; so also is hell! some ignorant people even went as far as telling us that if the ground is dug deep, cries of people under torture in hell would be heardgrin Nansense! If you dig the ground very deep, na water and more water u go see.

3. That there is a big book called 'book of life' and another one called 'book of death'. God would look at the books to see if your name is in the first one or the second one. If your name is on the first, he sends you to heaven and to hell if your name is in the second one! Trash!!! If God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent as we are told, would it not be possible for God to know where one is going to without opening any book?

4. That there is a very thin bridge between heaven and hell. One would be in heaven and see those in hell and vice versa. Rubbish! I need a photograph to verify this; not a photo shopped picgrin

It pains me that some adults still believe these trash till today and they end up selling these to the kids! Young minds being deceived...my sympathy!

Feel free to add yours.

Happy Sunday peeps,
I know say Mama Idemudia go vex if I nor go shurshgrin but I nor send!!!
no 5: God is a white man and the devil is a black man. lol

1 Like

Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:39am On Mar 08, 2015
leke12:
no 5: God is a white man and the devil is a black man. lol
Anything black, is devil grin grin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by Rapmoney(m): 10:44am On Mar 08, 2015
Oya, OMA4J, make u try move this to front page na! We never try? grin
Re: Silly Things We Were Told About Heaven And Hell While Growing Up by wordcat(m): 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2015
Rapmoney:
Guy, you have gone really far, I must say!

Gone far?

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Biblical Facts That (almost)Everyone Gets Wrong. / Wakefulness As A Visit To Earth And Sleep As Journey Back Home To Source. / I Want To Convert To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.