Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child (2090 Views)

What To Do - I Am A Man Who Can't Have Kids / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! / Successful Career Women Can't Have It All - Pepsi CEO, Indra Nooyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by layi(m): 9:21am On Oct 05, 2005
You love him so much. He's the love of your life. He's your husband. You want the best for him. You know he wants a child badly but you can't bear him one (unfortunately). Doctor says you've become sterile. Would you allow him 'try his luck' with someone else ?

Same goes to the Men.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by hotangel2(f): 1:39am On Oct 06, 2005
Adoption is an option.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by Latoya(f): 8:04am On Oct 06, 2005
try is luck ke? Hell NO !!!
all i will do is adopt or buy eggs(ova) from a store bank.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by Motee(f): 11:41am On Oct 06, 2005
Yes adoption is an option. All I think depend on what he has decided to do and which I think the lady has very little option to object if the problem is from her.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by vexxy(f): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2005
No, I will not. We would always be able to adopt.

If he tries his "luck" with someone else, that person will forever be a thorn in my side. I'd feel inadequate and may suffer depression or incredibly low self esteem.

Never will I ever share my man.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by Motee(f): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2005
@ Vexxy dear - Yes, I don't want to share my man for whatever reason; we got to adopt; and so on.

Prayer works, but let us just imagine this:

(1) Where does our covenant comes in........in sickness and pain till death do us part(Permit if wrongly put)"

(2) I know him very well because he is my husband, he desires having his own blood(child). Does he have to surfer in silent which l know might end my marriage since I don't want him to be shared? His biological child can only come from another woman. We are both still very young.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by vexxy(f): 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2005
He may suffer in wanting a biological child, true; but so will you. It's not only the man who would want a biological child. He may suffer in silence until you let up and let him have his blood child but then you would be suffering in silence for the rest of your life and every time you see that child. It could also be the beginning of the end of your marriage.

What if you start to resent the child because he's your husbands child and that of another woman, not yours?

What if you resent him for being so selfish and only thinking of himself? Does he not care enough to understand that BOTH of you would love to have a blood child?
undecided
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by uchetobi(f): 3:26pm On Oct 07, 2005
The blind sees, the lame walk etc with miracles. the sterile can become fertile with miracles. we would pray and hope.  Adoption is another option but to share ma man no way wink
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by Motee(f): 3:37pm On Oct 07, 2005
Alright ladies.......it is well
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by vexxy(f): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2005
cheesy
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by layi(m): 5:50am On Oct 10, 2005
What if he insist on his own child not smeone else's (adoption)?
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by Motee(f): 9:37am On Oct 10, 2005
layi:

What if he insist on his own child not smeone else's (adoption)?

@Vexxy...check this quote
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by uchetobi(f): 10:05am On Oct 10, 2005
Then il set him free. the marraige i sobviously at its end
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by vexxy(f): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2005
Marriage is not just about him or her or having children. It's more than that. If one is going through something, it's both of them going through it. I'd think it's selfish for the man to just say, "Well, I want a child no matter what." Does he not think of the suffering his wife may be enduring? How she may feel inadequate? Does he not share her pain? Is he to busy worrying about himself? Did he only get married to have children?

If they like, they can take an egg from her, implant it with his semen, and then place it in a surrogant woman. Then the child will be of both him and her and he would not have to have sex with another woman.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by whiteshark(m): 2:28am On Oct 11, 2005
.... 4 me, D question here is the "wants & needs" of the Man/woman and their immediate family.....

He/she wants a child that's fine. Every person will always want his/her child to hold, love do stuff with etc...

Does the child need to be a biological one..

I believe that in a situation like this, both parties here should task their collective ability to reason logically. They should do this together and make meaningful decisions that will affect their lives forever.... Some women in here has stated in clear term that they will NEVER share their man which I support cos I nor fit share my babe wit anybody lie lie thus in such a situation, what is or should b d next best option? D answer to me will be Adoption. This is were the need comes in because that child does not need to be ur biological kid. Even wen u av ur own kids, u can still go out there and adopt more. If dat man/woman should insist dat d baby be a biological one den I would say he/she is not considerate and should exploy various medical and moral options now available.

Take this case scenario 4 example, if the man or woman was involved in a fatal accident and was deformed 4 life, wat will the partner do Will he/she park up and leave or will dey stay 4eva wit d bruised, scarred, emotionally mentally and physically deformed partner Na so we suppose to look this situation too. If any of dem cannot make it happen, dey have to reason out the best option TOGETHER for the general betterment of their immediate family except of course either one of them is selfish and cannot bend for the other one or there was no love in the first place… Again, there should not involve any uncle, mama, broda, sista, papa or aunty 4 d mata oooh cos na dat one go just spoil d whole tin finish[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by layi(m): 10:42am On Oct 11, 2005
Thanx whiteshark. I learnt a lesson from that.
I'll date only d girl i kno i want to stick to even without her legs.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by Scorpio(f): 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2005
I ain't sharing my man with anybody, but like everyone has said, Adoption is alwayz possible. at least i can bring up that child to respect me and my husband.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by Greatpeter(m): 3:26pm On Oct 11, 2005
Marriage is for better for worst.

I won't allow sharing my love with anyone.

The worst that can happen is adoption if she so desires.

But we can get going without child.

Marriage is not only for child bearing.

It is for fellowship, for help's meet, multiplication is the last as the Bible puts it.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by vexxy(f): 3:32pm On Oct 11, 2005
Well said GP and whiteshark.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by hipcaramel(f): 3:40pm On Oct 11, 2005
this is a tough one!!! there's really nothing God cannot do. remember Sarah in the Bible? she actually gave up at a point and asked Abraham to sleep with Hagar, thus resulting in Ishmael but that wasnt God's will for her. God still gave her her own baby, Issac. you could consider adoption; it's always good to love and help children that have no one there for then. still hang tough to God, dont give up and dont give in. it's never too late for a miracle.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by SirKay3(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2005
Adoption is okay, but there is nothing God cannot do. Stick with each other and let your love be more stronger than before, while you both lean on God.

Keep your family members out of this pls and stand by each other, no matter what people say
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by pekun(m): 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2005
This is a difficult one, but God can do it. While waiting on the Lord, adoption can wipe away some shame and you still be steadfast in your prayer. It's a difficult issue, really.
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by damygurl(f): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2005
no way!! either we wait on d lord, adopt or look 4 some other ways. it's so amazing d things dat can be done nowadayz with d cool technology we got. getting down with some other gurl is not an option!!!!!!!
Re: When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child by eveseh(f): 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2006
am not god that gaves kids,let him wait for godstime

(1) (Reply)

Buffalo Gives Birth To Human Like Baby / Hilarious Photos Of Daddies Taking Care Of Their Babies / Woman With 7 'miracle' Babies Charged For Child Trafficing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.