Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest (4199 Views)

Evil Forests Destroyed In Aboh Mbaise, Imo By Youths, Chief Priest Flees / Priest Who Marked Independence On Refuse Dump In Owerri Sent On Transfer. Photos / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 11:38pm On Feb 03, 2015
mmsen:

I didn't make my conclusions prior to doing my research.

I approached other religions with an open mind because I was not indoctrinated into them. Sadly, even thought the script may be different the intention appears to be the same.

If I am wrong please show me, I am willing to listen.

What then are you expecting, that I preach African philosophy to you?
Dude from ur first post you've nt been making sense
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 12:11am On Feb 04, 2015
macof:

What then are you expecting, that I preach African philosophy to you?
Dude from ur first post you've nt been making sense

You haven't been able to show how African religions encourage free-thought, progress or inquisitiveness.

That was my initial point - you refuted it without showing how it was wrong.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
mmsen:

You haven't been able to show how African religions encourage free-though, progress or inquisitiveness.

the only way you will know if African religions encourage free thought, progress and inquisitiveness is to be exposed to it
That exposure you lack, you might have heard a few things from unreliable sources but you have no knowledge on African religion yet you conclude

Does that seem intelligent to you?
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
macof:

the only way you will know if African religions encourage free thought, progress and inquisitiveness is to be exposed to it
That exposure you lack, you might have heard a few things from unreliable sources but you have no knowledge on African religion yet you conclude

Does that seem intelligent to you?

No, it is not intelligent to speak falsely which is what you did when you claimed that I have no knowledge on African religion(s).

I may have come to my knowledge on African religions late in life but that is not the same thing as having no knowledge.

Instead of giving me an example of how an African religion has lead to a discovery or encouraged progress you keep insisting that I have no right to form an opinion - this, sadly is typical of most religious adherents.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 7:05pm On Feb 04, 2015
mmsen:

No, it is not intelligent to speak falsely which is what you did when you claimed that I have no knowledge on African religion(s).

I may have come to my knowledge on African religions late in life but that is not the same thing as having no knowledge.

Instead of giving me an example of how an African religion has lead to a discovery or encouraged progress you keep insisting that I have no right to form an opinion - this, sadly is typical of most religious adherents.

Oh! Now you have knowledge on the African religion you were never exposed to

Tell me what do you know about African religions that you think you know so much to having your opinion taken seriously?
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 7:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
macof:

Oh! Now you have knowledge on the African religion you were never exposed to

Tell me what do you know about African religions that you think you know so much to having your opinion taken seriously?

I've enjoyed your selective reading.

I really feel for people like you.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 8:18pm On Feb 04, 2015
Oh pls shut up. You have made absolutely no sense
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by mmsen: 8:24pm On Feb 04, 2015
macof:

Oh pls shut up. You have made absolutely no sense

You seem very angry about me questioning or asking you to justify your beliefs.

You sound much like an indoctrinated Muslim or Xtian and thus add substance to my initial premise that African religions are no better than their foreign counterparts when it comes to embracing, reason, debate and enlightenment.
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by macof(m): 8:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
Am nt angry. You just don't know how dumb you've been throughout the course of this thread and it's actually very hilarious

Justify my ancestor's activities to you when you have no knowledge of their activities? You know absolutely nothing about African religions, I asked you to tell me what you know but you are yet to say a thing, obviously because you are a total ignoramus on the matter and have no right to have an opinion
An intelligent Person will not even attempt a comment on an issue he knows nothing about

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
mmsen:

You haven't been able to show how African religions encourage free thought, progress or inquisitiveness.

First of all lets be clear by what we are discussing.

when you talk about African Religions...are you talking about 1 particular religion?

If not , then you must be generalizing. If you are generalizing then owing to the vast differences in practices between religions you must be generalizing based on common underlying values.

In that case, you are talking about Paganism in general. How Paganism encourages free thought, progress or inquisitiveness.

Am i right or wrong?

First of all let us analyse the current situation in Nigeria. You tell me Sir, how is religion (regardless) posing a negative threat to the Nigerian establishment?

Second? What is an ideal religion? What is the goal of a religion on a personal/national level?
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by iamord(m): 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2015
datalossvictim1:
The worst part is when grown up Africans who reverence the judeo-christian religion believe that the power to save is vested in the skeletal hands of a dead Jewish man. The issue is beyond brainwashing. I am yet to find out.

word
Re: PHOTO: Christian Pope With Vodun Chief Priest by Moana(f): 10:56am On May 22, 2015
Are those women _topless? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atheism Is Growing In Nairaland/nigeria / Is It Right For Christians To Pay Tithes / VIDEO: A Pastor Caught In The Act – Pants Down!!! (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.