Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? (2481 Views)

MFM 2016 Annual 70 Days Fasting And Prayers Begins Today Monday 8th August / Is Self Servicing A "SIN" For A Couple Whose Partner Is Hardly Around? / A Thread For The 21 Days Prayer And Fasting of The Winners Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by deleib(m): 5:55pm On Feb 01, 2015
Just wanna knw. And i get to know that People who have overcome it did so getting married, why?

Also, Can some1 go to hell cos of it?
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Dis a big question and let me tell u somtin, u can overcome it b4 marriage, but it takes a lot of determination and changes in your life
If I say it easy it a lie, but with God all things are possible

It an unclean spirit so, i'm afraid it leads to hell fire
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by johnydon22(m): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
Mtcheeeeeeeew... children !!!
The kinda of guilt that have been imbedded into you guys is saddening ...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by johnydon22(m): 6:08pm On Feb 01, 2015
zyzxx:
D a big question and let me tell u somtin, u can overcome it b4 marriage

It an unclean spirit so, i'm afraid it leads to hell fire
what? someone acting on his/her sexual urge is due to an unclean spirit?
nawa oooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2015
johnydon22:

what? someone acting on his/her sexual urge is due to an unclean spirit?
nawa oooo!!!
calm down, masturbation is an unclean spirit, u av to rebuke it...
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by johnydon22(m): 6:11pm On Feb 01, 2015
zyzxx:

Woooow sometimes eeehn to reply ur type of people deh tire me...
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 6:18pm On Feb 01, 2015
deleib:
Just wanna knw. And i get to know that People who have overcome it did so getting married, why?

nobody overcome it,
it is natural, or can you overcome eating food and stay hungry?
Africans are so ignorant, churches are the worst ignorant people.
the moment you use your hand to playfully stimulate your genital either consciously or unconsciously during sleep you have self-service automatically.
there is nothing bad about it
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2015
johnydon22:

Woooow sometimes eeehn to reply ur type of people deh tire me...
am confused ooo
Does dat look normal to you?

Me too short of words oo. If u better rebuke d spirit.
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
denisbid:

nobody overcome it,
it is natural, or can you overcome eating food and stay hungry?
Africans are so ignorant, churches are the worst ignorant people.
the moment you use your hand to playfully stimulate your genital either consciously or unconsciously during sleep you have self-service automatically.
there is nothing bad about it
KaiI,

OP run for u life
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
zyzxx:
KaiI,

OP run for u life
op and all Africans with their primitive religious ideology are mad people, they wont go to any medical doctor to ask questions o,
or better still, they should google it
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2015
denisbid:

op and all Africans with their primitive religious ideology are mad people, they wont go to any medical doctor to ask questions o,
or better still, they should google it
grin grin
We are christain God is our standard not google grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by deleib(m): 6:43pm On Feb 01, 2015
One thing i saw about the subject matter was dat it all started when i didn't expect it. I knew nting abt it until d first day bt since dn it has bcom endless. Does it mean since it coms naturally, it is unstopable? It seems it can't be fought.
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 01, 2015
Damn wot got u into dat u r drinking frm ur own cup of tea. quickly go and find a good job. & marry solution
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by enm(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2015
deleib:
One thing i saw about the subject matter was dat it all started when i didn't expect it. I knew nting abt it until d first day bt since dn it has bcom endless. Does it mean since it coms naturally, it is unstopable? It seems it can't be fought.

Once upon a time i used to but now am free and guess what am not married, still single and searching.

Truth be told, you can't stop it on your own. You need help from God to do so. In other word ask God for the grace to overcome, but you must play your own part.

First surrender yourself totally to the lordship of Christ Jesus and ask to take over your life. Then purge your heart of every thought immorality and pray and confess the sin of sexual immorality, sexual perversion and ask for the blood of Jesus to watch you clean then pray that God have mercy on you and deliver you from the powers of lust of the eye and lust of the flesh, sexual perversion or self servicing, sexual immorality like fornication adultery.

Doing all that will greatly help you in overcoming it. But during this process expect an upsurge in the desire to self service; it is the devil trick to make sure you fail and this you can overcome by reading the word of God or singing praise and worship in other word try and fill your mind with thought about God and His words.

It is good to marry but marriage is not the solution because whether you like it or not you will still go back to it. Situation will arise that will make you to.

Na my two cent be that, hope you find it useful.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by jdilight(m): 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2015
deleib:

Because it is a habit.
You don't break habit with fasting and prayer.

You unlearn habit.

To break a habit, you must know what you did to form the habit. Do the direct opposite. With twice the time and energy you use to form the habit, you will break it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 3:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
zyzxx:
grin grin
We are christain God is our standard not google grin
your standard is best described as african culture, God is beyond african culture.
God is for all people
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 6:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
denisbid:

your standard is best described as african culture, God is beyond african culture.
God is for all people
no u are missing d point here, no un clean spirit will enter the kingdom of God
Masturbation is an unclean spirit
dazall
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by torchwave: 6:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
Op, that sin you think to be an insurmountable mountain is but a fly in reality.

I have many things to say to you but the most important things you need to know to overcome that habit that has enslaved you are to use the Cross to kill that desire everyday and to ask our Father for grace to overcome sin.

Even the weakest among the children of God is more than a conqueror. You should be the one defeating sin and not the other way round.

Not to boast or anything as I have no power of my own but that is the life I live by the grace and strength of my Father - the life of an overcomer. And so can you.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 7:20pm On Feb 02, 2015
zyzxx:
no u are missing d point here, no un clean spirit will enter the kingdom of God
Masturbation is an unclean spirit
dazall
where is it in the Bible that it is even a spirit talkless of being unclean?
self service was not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.
science has proven that it is healthy and normal without any negative effect to human health.
all mammals self service, humans are higher animals and are not excluded.
i just the right i nor know whether mumu go understand me... lol
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2015
denisbid:

where is it in the Bible that it is even a spirit talkless of being unclean?
self service was not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.
science has proven that it is healthy and normal without any negative effect to human health.
all mammals self service, humans are higher animals and are not excluded.
i just the right i nor know whether mumu go understand me... lol
Hahahah, God forgive u grin
let me analyze somethings to u.
Self servicing comes from d spirit of lust
It a lost of flesh
D bible says
"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Romans 8:6-cool.
IF U ARE A CHRISTAIN I THINK U WILL UNDERSTAND CLEARLY NOW THAT IT LUST OF FLESH.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2015
zyzxx:
Hahahah, God forgive u grin
let me analyze somethings to u.
Self servicing comes from d spirit of lust
It a lost of flesh
D bible says
"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Romans 8:6-cool.
IF U ARE A CHRISTAIN I THINK U WILL UNDERSTAND CLEARLY NOW THAT IT LUST OF FLESH.
you are mixing up everything here
separate what is spirit and from what is flesh.
the Bible says what is spirit is spirit and what is flesh is flesh.
what that passage is trying to tell you is that, to be carnally mind is the same thing as refusal to believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
to be spirituality minded is to believe, that's all.
please, self service is a thing of the flesh, eating food is the thing of the flesh, they have nothing to do with spirit or your believing in Christ
your believing in Christ is faith, we are justified by faith not by works
self service is works
faith is faith(spirit ), works is works(flesh ), they have nothing to do with each other
, so never you attribute self service to be spirit, calling it spirit of lost.
it does not even fall into the category of lost that you should say it is lost of the flesh because, what the Bible mostly described as lost are mostly situations where an individual do a thing that has a negative impact on another person.
example, lost of eyes could be adultery with a married woman, simply because you see that she is beautiful. as in the case of david and Bathsheba.
sin is always a crime comited against another person.
self service has nothing to do with another person, it's just you alone, that's why it is never a sin
if you say it will lead you to sin (to comit fornication or a crime that hurt another person)that means you don't have self control
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 8:36pm On Feb 03, 2015
denisbid:

what that passage is trying to tell you is that, to be carnally mind is the same thing as refusal to believe that Jesus is the Messiah.
please, self service is a thing of the flesh, eating food is the thing of the flesh, they have nothing to do with spirit or your believing in Christ
self service is works
faith is faith(spirit ), works is works(flesh ), they have nothing to do with each other
it does not even fall into the category of lost that you should say it is lost of the flesh because, what the Bible mostly described as lost are mostly situations where an individual do a thing that has a negative impact on another person.
example, lost of eyes could be adultery with a married woman, simply because you see that she is beautiful. as in the case of david and Bathsheba.
self service has nothing to do with another person, it's just you alone, that's why it is never a sin
if you say it will lead you to sin (to comit fornication or a crime that hurt another person)that means you don't have self control
"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,"envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).
Pls read it from verse 14, for better understand

It lack of self control and it lust
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by johnw74: 2:39am On Feb 04, 2015
denisbid:

self service is works

1Co_6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by Weah96: 2:53am On Feb 04, 2015
Pastors jerk off more than anyone else. But they will take that secret to the grave due to the nature of their occupations.
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 1:45pm On Feb 04, 2015
johnw74:

1Co_6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
define fornication
we know that self service is not the same thing as fornication
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 1:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
zyzxx:
"When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division,"envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).

Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by denisbid: 1:59pm On Feb 04, 2015
zyzxx:

was self service mentioned in Galatians 5:19-21 or anywhere else in the bible?
be sincere.
you will not see it in the Bible because it's a private issue between you and you and yourself alone..
just like the bible didn't mentioned anything about DNA doesn't mean you don't have DNA.
if DNA was faulty in your body the bible would have stated it clearly that having DNA is a sin.
so it is with self service.
everybody have it
everybody do it.
don't be ignorant
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by Bosch10(m): 2:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
zyzxx:

dont mind them,if it is the clean spirit,y do u think the op wants to quit it.masturbation is a demonic spirit that brings depression,death and destruction
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2015
denisbid:

was self service mentioned in Galatians 5:19-21 or anywhere else in the bible?
be sincere.
you will not see it in the Bible because it's a private issue between you and you and yourself alone..
just like the bible didn't mentioned anything about DNA doesn't mean you don't have DNA.
if DNA was faulty in your body the bible would have stated it clearly that having DNA is a sin.
so it is with self service.
everybody have it
everybody do it.
don't be ignorant
bro if u do it stick to urself, don't generalize, u av choose ur path
God bless u
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Bosch10:
dont mind them,if it is the clean spirit,y do u think the op wants to quit it.masturbation is a demonic spirit that brings depression,death and destruction
abi oo

like Some1 took another person's money claiming it not stealing
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by zyzxx(m): 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Weah96:
Pastors jerk off more than anyone else. But they will take that secret to the grave due to the nature of their occupations.

dream on, dat what u hide under coz u hate the truth
Re: Why Is It That Self Servicing Is Unbreakable Even With Praya And Fasting? by Weah96: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
zyzxx:
dream on, dat what u hide under coz u hate the truth

Are you a pastor? Hahaha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Makes Congregants Suck His joystick In Church. / The Bitter New World Order On Planet Earth Created By Extraterrestrials / Nothing Changes Without Engaging The Force Of Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.