Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,051 members, 7,821,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Bleaching Creams And Skin Cancer - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bleaching Creams And Skin Cancer (913 Views)

Bleaching: Nigeria Tops List Of African Countries Whose Women Bleach Their Skin / Hugh Jackman (the Wolverine) Treated For Skin Cancer. / CANCER: NAFDAC Raises Alarm Over Bleaching Creams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bleaching Creams And Skin Cancer by GOOOGLE504(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
The Effects of Bleaching Cream on The Skin

Ignorance they say kills faster than the deadliest diseases, that is why there is the need to enlighten us on the effects of bleaching agents on the skin. You and I are vulnerable to skin cancer because of the region we find ourselves.

Melanoma is the deadliest of the 3 types of skin cancer even to the extent that it affects their names – if it is not melanoma, then it is ‘non-melanoma’. Now back to our discussion.

Many of us just use these creams but don’t care about their working principles, am happy to announce to you that the bleaching creams work by peeling off the dark outer layer of the skin. i.e., it will slowly remove and slough off the outer layer of the dermis.

In human, MELANIN is the primary determinant of skin colour, melanin in the skin is produced by melanocytes, which are found in the basal layer of the epidermis.

Melanin is an effective absorber of light; it dissipates over 99.9% of absorbed U.V Radiation from the sun. The absence of melanin in the body leads to a defect called Albinism. It occurs when melanocytes produce little or no melanin.

The creams we use peel off this melanin from the surface of our skin and then we might end up having melanoma if the usage is not reduced or stopped. “When you get to know more about melanoma, trust me you won’t wish for your enemies to have it”.

Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that comes from melanocytes, it often resembles moles; some develop from moles. It can spread to other parts of the skin. There are currently around 13,500 new cases diagnosed each year from melanoma in UK . if you discover you are developing moles on your skin and they are changing size, shape or colour, please see a doctor; other symptoms are; unusual sores, lumps, blemishes markings or changes in the way an area of your body feels.
Please friends let us all embrace our differences because they are an advantage to us… THANKS FOR READING.
Re: Bleaching Creams And Skin Cancer by sinaj(f): 6:42pm On Feb 01, 2015
gud one op smiley
Re: Bleaching Creams And Skin Cancer by ivyT(f): 1:30am On Feb 02, 2015
Bleachers, shey una hearhear.The word is enough for d wise
Re: Bleaching Creams And Skin Cancer by Gigihealth: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
Melanoma symptoms are signs which can be easily noticed on our body, like changes in the color, shapes of the moles on our body. Click on the link below to read more.
http://www.gigihealth.com/melanoma-symptoms-how-do-i-know-i-have-melanoma/
Re: Bleaching Creams And Skin Cancer by eyinjuege: 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
First time I'm hearing melanoma's been linked to bleaching creams.

Abeg, OP give us ya "sauce".

(1) (Reply)

Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated For The First Time In History / With Kangpe, A Doctor’s Advice Is Just An “app” Away / Dentistry Or Medicine Which Is More Expensive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.