Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,333 members, 7,957,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:13 PM

Urgent Help With International Flight - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Help With International Flight (2414 Views)

Share Your International Flight/Airline Experiences / First International Flight Set To Be Receved At Kaduna Airport This Morning.PICS / Exchange Rate When Booking International Flight From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2015
I am travelling to Ghana for a 3months course and i just bought the air ticket(Aero Contractor) in person at their international office,i have never seen the inside of a plane so this is my first time so i will anyone in the house to please give a thorough explaination of steps to take from here on,i was given a receipt of payment and a printout copy detailing my flight time and other information.

Please i need help on what to do next and also anyone wit knowledgeable information should help me wit the below questions:

1 - Which area in Ghana will i meet Nigerians that will make me feel a lil at home?
2 - Which can i get gud and cost effective accommodation?
3 - Which area can i get gud and cost effective hotel for my first 1 week stay while i scout for an accommodation and course registration?

Anyone in Naija or Ghana with updated answers to d above question shud pls help a broda cos my travel date is near,i dont mind private discuss via email,BBM or whatsapp.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 4:00pm On Feb 02, 2015
pls heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by thegreengooner(m): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
Show up at the international airport at least two hours before the departure.

Aero seem to have issues checking in online for international flights so you will have to queue up for bag drop at the airport

For Ghana make sure you have your vaccination certificate (yellow card) up to date.

You can obtain one at the International Airport for less than #1,000. This includes the vaccination shots if you haven't taken it.

Your question was about travelling for the first time in an aeroplane so I'll leave it there...oh and dont forget to go with your passport.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 5:41pm On Feb 02, 2015
@green....tanks for d info,is there a certain amount i needed for BTA?,whats the highest amount i can carry in cash?.......pls any other travallin information u can share will be highly appreciated.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2015
still need info plsssssssssssssssssssssss
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by thegreengooner(m): 11:34am On Feb 03, 2015
rollingpoint027:
@green....tanks for d info,is there a certain amount i needed for BTA?,whats the highest amount i can carry in cash?.......pls any other travallin information u can share will be highly appreciated.

You really don't need BTA for Ghana. Your bank cards (MasterCard and Visa) will work fine there...I hardly ever travel with cash. Just have enough money in your account to sustain you for the duration of your stay
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 9:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
W
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by ELGREF(m): 10:19pm On Feb 05, 2015
I have travel with aero very well, just go to canter collect boarding pass, feel Ebola card, enter plane, collect juice and cake, you can get good life in accra, takuraji, you can even get chick that will accommodate you, they love naija
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by samtol4(m): 11:15pm On Feb 05, 2015
rollingpoint027:
I am travelling to Ghana for a 3months course and i just bought the air ticket(Aero Contractor) in person at their international office,i have never seen the inside of a plane so this is my first time so i will anyone in the house to please give a thorough explaination of steps to take from here on,i was given a receipt of payment and a printout copy detailing my flight time and other information.

Please i need help on what to do next and also anyone wit knowledgeable information should help me wit the below questions:

1 - Which area in Ghana will i meet Nigerians that will make me feel a lil at home?
2 - Which can i get gud and cost effective accommodation?
3 - Which area can i get gud and cost effective hotel for my first 1 week stay while i scout for an accommodation and course registration?

Anyone in Naija or Ghana with updated answers to d above question shud pls help a broda cos my travel date is near,i dont mind private discuss via email,BBM or whatsapp.
which part of Ghana u heading to?Kumasi or Accra?
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 4:16am On Feb 06, 2015
@sam....am spendin abt 1 week in an hotel in Accra while i search for an accommodation anywhere closer to accra as i understand accommodation in the heart of accra is very expensive.....do u av any recommendation in regards to accommodation and locations?
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 7:02am On Feb 06, 2015
if there is anyone in the house dat can drop his/her direct contact. phone number,BBM,whatsapp or email address,i will like to talk to such person to seek more answers directly as i understand it takes time to reply to public forums like dis since evrybody is not glued to their computer or phones...........abeg monday don cum finish o n i stil av sum unanswered questions dat pops up every now n den.....
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by iykbethany(m): 7:03am On Feb 06, 2015
rollingpoint027:
@sam....am spendin abt 1 week in an hotel in Accra while i search for an accommodation anywhere closer to accra as i understand accommodation in the heart of accra is very expensive.....do u av any recommendation in regards to accommodation and locations?

Give me the name of your school and the school location in Accra and i will help you with contact numbers of agents that could help you get accommodation sharply.

Generally speaking hotels are slightly cheaper in Ghana than Nigeria. The cheapest hotels are around 45 Ghana cedis per night for a hotel with AC, fan, TV etc. It can be higher depending on which part of accra your school is located.

Accomodation in Accra is like Nigeria both in rates and terms, you pay 2 years in advance. if the landlords notice you are Nigerian you will be exploited by both agent and landlords. They assume ALL Nigerians are rich fools that have money to throw around. Even taxis will exploit you, before you take any drop please ask how much before hand.

Nigerians are found everywhere in Accra. There is no street in Accra you wont find Nigerians in great numbers. Some of them are good students, some are hustlers, so please avoid bad company.

I would have allowed you stay with my relatives at west legon for few weeks but this is internet you don't know who is who.

Since you need urgent answers you could get my contact details from my profile. I would be glad to assist you eventhough i am too busy with my business but i will gladly answer any questions as i have good contacts in Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 7:10am On Feb 06, 2015
@iyke, d name of d sch is Ambassadors College and the sch location is Lapaz, George Bush Motor Way, Accra.i av booked a 3 days stay with an hotel along mallam kosoa road, accra while i scout for an accommodation.av u been to ghana recently?
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 7:51am On Feb 06, 2015
@iyke,i tried callin d number on ur biz profile and was told d number does not exist on d network.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by iykbethany(m): 7:56am On Feb 06, 2015
rollingpoint027:
@iyke, d name of d sch is Ambassadors College and the sch location is Lapaz, George Bush Motor Way, Accra.i av booked a 3 days stay with an hotel along mallam kosoa road, accra while i scout for an accommodation.av u been to ghana recently?

Which one is Ambassadors College again? Some of these private unis in Ghana are not worth it. But its your choice.
These are some of the mushroom schools Nigerians waste their money for nothing. Anything outside University of Ghana, KNUST etc is not worth it. I was in Ghana in December for 2 weeks my younger one is studying at University of Ghana.

Anyway accommodation in taifa/Lapaz/mallam axis is not expensive. Since you are traveling on Monday its better you call estate agents same day you arrive so they can show you some houses. Do not pay for any house unless you are on ground to see the house yourself.

Before you paid for this school I hope you did your home work well? Some schools are not legally registered/accredited so be wise and always do your home work well. Good luck
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by onatisi(m): 8:00am On Feb 06, 2015
iykbethany:

Which one is Ambassadors College again? Some of these private unis in Ghana are not worth it. But its your choice.
These are some of the mushroom schools Nigerians waste their money for nothing. Anything outside University of Ghana, KNUST etc is not worth it. I was in Ghana in December for 2 weeks my younger one is studying at University of Ghana.

Anyway accommodation in taifa/Lapaz/mallam axis is not expensive. Since you are traveling on Monday its better you call estate agents same day you arrive so they can show you some houses. Do not pay for any house unless you are on ground to see the house yourself.

Before you paid for this school I hope you did your home work well? Some schools are not legally registered/accredited so be wise and always do your home work well. Good luck
if you tell them,they won't listen. Let them learn by experience .
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by iykbethany(m): 8:00am On Feb 06, 2015
rollingpoint027:
@iyke,i tried callin d number on ur biz profile and was told d number does not exist on d network.

You can call me on this number: 084558815
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 8:07am On Feb 06, 2015
@iyke,tanks for xplaination........@onatisi,tanks as well but there is nutin to learn frm xperience here....am a complete economics graduate wit gud self biz but if cum on here to tel pple d actual truth,difrent pple wil read difrent meanin to my plight.....d truth is i just wanna av a travelin experience within an african country but i dont wanna be seen d way i av read ghanians see nigerians(fraudsters) wich is why i decided to take up a 3months course just to mak my stay dere more legal......i havent paid a dime for d sch yet n dont mind any advise on how to mak my stay dere worthwhile so i wil rily appreciate it if yu av any advise for me in dat aspect.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by ifyalways(f): 8:11am On Feb 06, 2015
Wow, Ambassadors college is owned by my very good family friend, Dr Peace Obeng.

@OP, are u working or schooling there? I could help, depending on your reply undecided
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 8:15am On Feb 06, 2015
@ifyalways.....i wanna take up a 3months course there,Dr Peace is a nice woman and she has always been chatting with on whatsapp for close to a month now.....i will appreciate any help as dis is my first time of visiting ghana. wanna talk privately or on here?
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by ifyalways(f): 8:15am On Feb 06, 2015
@Iyke, while I agree with u that some "schools" in GH generally are over-hyped, Ambassadors college is actually a good one.
However, if the OP already has a first degree, I really can't get what he will be doing/ studying at Ambassadors. Languages maybe undecided

@OP, is this your "Ambassadors college " the one on 2 storey building by lapaz junction?
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by ifyalways(f): 8:17am On Feb 06, 2015
rollingpoint027:
@ifyalways.....i wanna take up a 3months course there,Dr Peace is a nice woman and she has always been chatting with on whatsapp for close to a month now.....i will appreciate any help as dis is my first time of visiting ghana. wanna talk privately or on here?
Abeg ooo. Dr Peace I know is a man!
Handsome, I agree but he's a man.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 8:20am On Feb 06, 2015
@ify...yes its d one on lapaz junction and like i explained earlier.....i just wanna av a travelin experience within an african country but i dont wanna be seen d way i av read ghanians see nigerians(fraudsters), wich is why i decided to take up a 3months course just to mak my stay dere more legal......do u av any oda tin i can do to while away my time just for 3 months?
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by ifyalways(f): 8:21am On Feb 06, 2015
What help specifically do you need?

Accommodation? ---- ask Dr Obengs secretary or any of the many Francophone students in the school. They all stay in hostels around Lapaz and Abeka. Rate should be between ghs100 ( 4 in a room) per month or ghs150 (2 in a room) per month. Some hostels ask for 3 or 4 months advance payment.

As a student + Nigerian, I won't advise you to rent a room, go to a hostel! It's safer, cheaper and better for u.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 8:26am On Feb 06, 2015
@ify,are there any disadvantages of renting a room as a nigerian?if yes den cud u pls state sum for proper evaluation.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by iykbethany(m): 8:27am On Feb 06, 2015
ifyalways:
What help specifically do you need?

Accommodation? ---- ask Dr Obengs secretary or any of the many Francophone students in the school. They all stay in hostels around Lapaz and Abeka. Rate should be between ghs100 ( 4 in a room) per month or ghs150 (2 in a room) per month. Some hostels ask for 3 or 4 months advance payment.

As a student + Nigerian, I won't advise you to rent a room, go to a hostel! It's safer, cheaper and better for u.

Good advise. Since he is on short stay of few months its better to stay in a hostel. Renting an apartment will be more expensive
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by ifyalways(f): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2015
I cannot spell everything in black and white for you. Iykebethany have dropped some hints for you regarding a Nigerian "renting" an apartment in Ghana. If na school you want go for Ghana, join other students for hostel.

Na you sabi.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by rollingpoint027(m): 8:32am On Feb 06, 2015
tanks anyway....i'll try n see for mysef,if its worth den fine n if not,home is where d heart is.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by iykbethany(m): 8:43am On Feb 06, 2015
rollingpoint027:
@ify,are there any disadvantages of renting a room as a nigerian?if yes den cud u pls state sum for proper evaluation.

You said you will be in Ghana for just 3 months course, no landlord will accept anything below 2 years rent upfront. So hostel is your best bet.
Like Ify said, hostel is cheaper, safer and better. If you rent a room you will spend more money to furnish it. Whats the point since you are staying for few months. Unless you plan to stay beyond 3 months.

Ghanaians are generally good people, they treat Nigerians and foreigners with love. Am not saying you wont find people who hate Nigerians, such people exists everywhere, even in Nigeria. Do not mind what you read on the internet. You will be in Ghana in few days time, try and update the house from time to time.

Traveling is part of education. You sure will learn a lot from this journey.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by onatisi(m): 9:40am On Feb 06, 2015
rollingpoint027:
@iyke,tanks for xplaination........@onatisi,tanks as well but there is nutin to learn frm xperience here....am a complete economics graduate wit gud self biz but if cum on here to tel pple d actual truth,difrent pple wil read difrent meanin to my plight.....d truth is i just wanna av a travelin experience within an african country but i dont wanna be seen d way i av read ghanians see nigerians(fraudsters) wich is why i decided to take up a 3months course just to mak my stay dere more legal......i havent paid a dime for d sch yet n dont mind any advise on how to mak my stay dere worthwhile so i wil rily appreciate it if yu av any advise for me in dat aspect.
please don't be offended about the tone in my earlier post. I thought u were one of those rushing for undergraduate courses and degrees in ghana. Travel experience ,ghana is the best,the trip is cheap and you will meet lots of nationals. For education purposes ,forget it ,there is nothing there. I will be glad to give u any advice if the need arises. But one advice I will give u is please stay away from nigerians as much as possible and if u will associate with any nigerian make sure such nigerian is responsible and doing something legit.
Re: Urgent Help With International Flight by iykbethany(m): 9:49am On Feb 06, 2015
onatisi:
please don't be offended about the tone in my earlier post. I thought u were one of those rushing for undergraduate courses and degrees in ghana. Travel experience ,ghana is the best,the trip is cheap and you will meet lots of nationals. For education purposes ,forget it ,there is nothing there. I will be glad to give u any advice if the need arises. But one advice I will give u is please stay away from nigerians as much as possible and if u will associate with any nigerian make sure such nigerian is responsible and doing something legit.

Very well said. Nothing to add again. I just realized he wants to relocate to Ghana but wants to use school to get some legit papers. Goodluck to him. I wont add anything again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does The Lagos Motobike Ban Include Scooters For Personal Use? / I Need To Meet Some Nigerians In Germany / Safest Countries To Travel To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.