Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau (39477 Views)

No Holiday For Schools During Elections – FG / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –FG / No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Abidemi501(m): 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2015
Anyway, I believe that God is in control.Because, FG denies teachers who works away their hometown from there right. However, we want change! sadAnyway, I believe that God is in control.Because, FG denies teachers who works away their hometown from there right. However, we want change!
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Nobody: 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2015
UrennaNkoli:
Why put the lives of these kids at risk if ur not a sponsor or supporter of BH. Its better they are given a short break so that if anything happens, it happens to them at home and not in school. It would benefit you by saving your head and skin from some blame.
not 2 question ur security conscious mind but do inec set up units in skuls??
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by babaarewa(m): 8:10pm On Feb 02, 2015
They are in Kano. Why do you ask?
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by biggmusty(m): 8:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
LILYCHERISH:
No mata wat happen student must vote 4 gej,hit like if u r in support

Eyya... au market?

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by RealAlfranco: 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2015
nanyya5000:
I'm sure some parents will give their kids the holiday themselves esp in the northeast.
You are not wrong! Da warning I received from my mom last week friday scared me to bits and pieces. I no even know wen I go park to find bus to my house!

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by babaarewa(m): 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
babaarewa:
notoriousbabe:
good question
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by tonididdy(m): 8:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
our parents know better so this mallam can mooo all he likes...have they forgotten some polling units are mostly in the states school compound.

dem do well
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by omoowe: 8:30pm On Feb 02, 2015
You can make your plan and decide.
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 02, 2015
dulaman:
good. too much holiday
Ebola,festivities, now election. those writing waec n neco will not cover syllabus
and wat was there performance when there was no mch holiday. Teachers salary were been held and you say no to holiday during election, I wonder d quality of education they will get when d teachers are busy discussing CHANGE.
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by synergycom19: 8:36pm On Feb 02, 2015
When did the FG care about the safety of our children?afterall there children school abroad. I don't need the FG to tell me that I have already withdraw my kids from school,they are God's children not the FG.

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Extra9ice(m): 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2015
Wia human right activist dey nah,hw dem xpect student 2 vote nah,I wonder wetin NANS go talk.#disenfranchismen.Is.normal
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by lastpage: 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2015
No one can force you to bring your kids to school ...or not keep them at home on that day.

No big deal....some people sef don "export" their children overseas since this weekend, abi you/we no see them for airport on Saturday?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by hardbody: 8:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
Some people reason from their shiite hole. I will be here when they will announce closure. By then it will be too late to cry when the heas is cut off. If i had them kids, they will be tucked away at least in Ghana from Friday preceding the elections till 2 weeks after those elections. Better to be safe than sorry. Only the living acquire education.

Again where are Shecows kids? Making other under privileged kids cannon fodder and the parents are watching like the mumu they are
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by hardbody: 9:02pm On Feb 02, 2015
ladyju:
I stays in Jos with my kids, if I no travel make I know Wetin cause am
Aunty quick come. We dey wait for u for east. The wise person sees danger and avoids it. The stupid one walks in and gets consummed.
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by bravesoul2: 9:11pm On Feb 02, 2015
This idiots have not been able to resolve the massacre that happened in Federal Government College Burniyaddi where a whole lots of male student were murdered in cold blood.They will just wake up and start churning out some idiotic statement.
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by dnacrystal: 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
Smartestelvis:
offcourse tertiary instutions mst get a brk afterall dy are d ones 2 actually vote spkin in age rangin
And hopefully, the break starts this weekend smiley
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Iamvictor(m): 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
Olanireti:
The Minister of Education, Mallam Ibrahim
Shekarau, has said public schools throughout the
country will remain in session during the
February 14 and 28 elections.
Shekarau said this in Abuja on Monday after a
meeting with the state commissioners for
education.

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-holiday-for-schools-during-elections-shekarau/
abeg! what brand of bear is this man taking...?
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by twosquare(m): 9:29pm On Feb 02, 2015
JustCare:
That's cool...the elections would hold only on weekends
you have forgotten that election results won't be announced that same day...
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by truvine(m): 9:34pm On Feb 02, 2015
when the unforseen happens , the next thing you will hear is:
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONDEMNS THE ACT OF ......
WE ARE ONTOP OF THE MATTER... bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by JustCare: 9:47pm On Feb 02, 2015
twosquare:
you have forgotten that election results won't be announced that same day...
while can't that announcement halt other economic activities as well?
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by BCJAY(f): 9:49pm On Feb 02, 2015
whether they give break or not i have told my son to leave zaria latest this weekend* two weeks no say make he no be engineer so prevention is better than cure
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by DuchessLily(f): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2015
Hmm...until den! If I say make my child stay house, u go come force am go sch??
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by twosquare(m): 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2015
JustCare:

while can't that announcement halt other economic activities as well?
It can, when heads start rolling and flames starts flying. angry

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by olipee(m): 10:06pm On Feb 02, 2015
Me don even book ticket na dem get dia mouth o!!!
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by morewealth(m): 10:13pm On Feb 02, 2015
The government is only trying to tell us that elections should not stop other activities like bringing our educational sector to a stand still. The holiday can be necessary in the northern part of the country but in the south I don't see any mayhem because of election.
And this is in no way disenfranchising the students because they weren't given holiday in the first place for voters registration. Most of them registered while in school. Even some that registered in school back then have graduated and left. Those that travelled home to register can travel back home to vote if they so desire. Academic activities continue.
We pray for peace during and after the elections.
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by JustCare: 10:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
twosquare:
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by JustCare: 10:42pm On Feb 02, 2015
twosquare:
hope you're just kidding... that would be a horrible wish coming from a credible person
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by damekings(m): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2015
This is inhumanity, why should the FG not give schools break when they know we need it most. Break on no break, me I will go home because I can't allow my own life to be at stake
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by geebehn(m): 12:08am On Feb 03, 2015
Man, sue us if we go on holliday, Foolish decision undecided . Where are your children? not schooling in Nigeria?? oh! i see. shocked shocked undecided
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by delishpot: 12:29am On Feb 03, 2015
Dem want use people children blood appease their juju ni? How can they be that wicked? So if katakata burst, na who go rescue kids trapped in schools?
Any way, let mumu parents follow GMB and GEJ and sacrifice their kids for leaders who dont even know they exist. Those that are wise will keep their kids safe at home.
See how una leaders no care about una? Their kids will be safely tucked away in UK and USA while this ellection is happening.
Thunder fire them if on that day I nor see Zara Buhari or any of those other daughters wey dey "away" dey campaign on tweeter and FB for their papa. They must bring all their kids to que and vote too or else........ angry
Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by Sunglow: 6:24am On Feb 03, 2015
iluvweed:
Whatever.......SAI BUHARI........... wink
FO.OL

1 Like

Re: No Holiday For Schools During Elections –shekarau by crackhouse(m): 6:57am On Feb 03, 2015
Olanireti:
they sha don't want us student to vote. I registered in my home town, now there won't be holiday. How will I vote?
are u up to 18?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Michael Was A School Father For Sylvester, He Is Innocent — Kashamu’s Family / FUNAAB Students Write Final Year Exams In Their Secondary School Uniforms / Chikaodinaka Nwankpa Resigns After Spending $243k Research Grant On Strip Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.