Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,602 members, 7,840,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users (478 Views)

Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / BBM Rolls Out Video Calling Feature To Android And Ios / Facebook Brings Back SMS Feature To Messenger For Android (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users by boman2014: 11:12pm On Feb 02, 2015
Whatsapp first hinted it would let users make free calls to each other early last year. And it now seems the hugely popular messaging app has started rolling out the feature to a select number of users, according to Dailymail UK report A screenshot, posted to Reddit at the weekend, reveals how the Calls tool looks on a Nexus 5 device running Android Lollipop. In the image, a new tab has been added that shows 'Calls', in addition to the existing 'Chats' and 'Contacts'
options. Users can then open the Calls tab, select a contact and make a voice call using an internet connection. This is similar to how Skype connects web-based calls, a service
known as 'voice over internet protocol' or VoIP. In December, Dutch site AndroidWorld uncovered clues about Whatsapp's voice calling feature while studying the app's test
code. Expert Sander Tuit then extracted layout files, images and text from the raw code to create a series of mock-up screenshots. The latest grab was posted to Reddit by user pradnesh07, although it has since been removed because it contained personal details.

http://aitonline.tv/post-whatsapp_begins_rolling_out_voice_call_feature_to_select_users

Re: Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users by bennifield11(m): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2015
oya!!!new version...
Re: Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users by Joshkid(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2015
!For free
Re: Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users by koyla: 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2015

Re: Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users by lordnammy(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
mtn go suffer set back with this voice call
Re: Whatsapp Begins Rolling Outvoice Call Feature To Select users by blackfase(m): 11:35pm On Feb 02, 2015
I can bet there'l be a reaction in form of a shake-up from the network providers, & I sincerely hope stoopid ncc will be up to the task to cover our backsides, though I doubt if that toothless agency will get the balls to ward them off.....

(1) (Reply)

Folder Player Pro 3.8.2 / New Iphone 6 Gold (64gb) For Sale / I Wonder Why MTN Stopped Deducting My Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.