Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,148 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Divine Perfection - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Divine Perfection (482 Views)

Christianity - The Perfection Of Narcissism, Selfishness And Apathy. / Divine Perfection / Divine Perfection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Divine Perfection by rccgamg: 11:13pm On Feb 02, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2RmK11hnnE

Genesis 17:1
"1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect."

The Bible defines sin as all unrighteousness.
So, divine perfection is the complete absence of sin.

In Genesis 17:1 God told Abraham to walk before him and also pronounced a covenant.

Genesis 17:2-3
"2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly."
"3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying"
"4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations."
"5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee."

Walking perfectly before God means to be pure, holy and without stains.

One of the reason God wants us to walk rightly before him is because he wants us to take us to heaven.

God wants us to walk before him because he wants to bless us.

Genesis 5:21-23
"21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:"
"22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:"
"23 And all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years:"

God will take us to where we cant take our self only if we walk with him

John 14:1
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me."

www.facebook.com/rccg.amz

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/02/15 / The Hypocrites True Intentions / The Holy Spirit And Our Live (teachings And Prayers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.