Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies (13315 Views)

Channels TV Newscaster Caught Kissing Colleague On Live TV (Pics) / District 9 (the Negative Portrayal Of Nigerians In Foreign Movies) / The Portrayal of Africa/Africans in Hollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by momoney1(m): 1:50am On Aug 22, 2006
I see it too poor and childish. need to improve and now.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by lauryn(f): 1:53am On Aug 22, 2006
U got some new techiques u wanna share?
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by hotangel2(f): 5:36am On Aug 22, 2006
damn lauryn. lol, Good question.

cheesy cheesy

neways, i agree that dem love making scenes in nollywood movies r whack.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by Eurphoria(f): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2006
Lmao

yes the love scenes are appalling, terrible, need plenty of wok, not just that the actors themselves need work, infact i  blame the directors. Anyway we know Nigerians like to pretend that they are modest and respectable(rolls eyes) by nothaving full on snugs   on screen for fear of people labeling them as prostitutes,but come on, there are ways of making the scenes look real. i saw one once and they were trying to fool us they were actually deeply kisssing and i looked like the two stars were having a neck wrestling championship.
I saw another where the guy had his back to the camera and then acted like they were kissing and the camera man must have been on ectascy or something, because he swung his shot to her face and she was actually having a little giggle. Now the director and editors must have been on crack to actually give that scene the green light and unleashed this bad lovescene on us.

Anyway i think its part of the reasons people love nollywood,its cringe worthy and would definitely work as an ice breaker in any room. cheesy
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by iice(f): 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2006
Ahahahahaha all true (though i dont watch nigerian movies) but i can just imagine from what you guys are saying, how bad it is yet funny
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2006
not just the kissing alone, the cameramen need to get their angling right. dont they teach them how to get good angles and stuff like that? c'mon now, learn from hollywood. its always appaling to look at two naija actors kissing in a movie. no co-ordination, no on-screen chemistry, the woman always looks shy or like she's being forced, the guys lips are all over the place, God help us if he has humongous lips and he doesnt know what to do with it. haba! angry
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by Remmzy(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2006
@topic
soulpatrol:

not just the kissing alone, the cameramen need to get their angling right. don't they teach them how to get good angles and stuff like that? c'mon now, learn from hollywood. its always appaling to look at two naija actors kissing in a movie. no co-ordination, no on-screen chemistry, the woman always looks shy or like she's being forced, the guys lips are all over the place, God help us if he has humongous lips and he doesnt know what to do with it. haba! angry
[b]what chemistry again after much alarming rate of sexual harassment poised on actresses shocked, the once that wanted acting it real{not being shy} where called names by Nigerians sad. Although, most films coordination, film directing looks awful angry but we still av some we can stand for{vote for} if need be grin[/b]abi?
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by naijacutee(f): 8:28pm On Aug 22, 2006
Oh please spare me all the criticsm. Go and watch ghanaian movies and Ill see what youll say. I respect our nigerian actors. Youve gøtta give it to them. With our culture where public kissing and "making out" is frowned upon, they still are able to break those barriers and portray what actually happens inside the house on tv. Please give them a røund of applause

1 Like

Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 8:29pm On Aug 22, 2006
booooooooooooooooooooo grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by GNature(m): 8:31pm On Aug 22, 2006
Give them time to get used to it. Remember,
Nollywood is still relatively young.

I think our culture has a lot to do with it. It is
one thing to be the freakiest woman on earth
in the privacy of your room, but when it is done
in front of a camera, actresses have to worry about
what "mama and papa and relatives" would think.

I guess we are not as liberated in our sexuality (in front
of the camera) as our western counterparts.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by dennylove(m): 9:16pm On Aug 22, 2006
am proud of naija movies,it have really made us a nation to watch in africa,and the whole world.yes,but, i can get married to an actress,and in the movies,i now saw her kissing or making love with another man.all in the name of ACTING MOVIES.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by zebudaya(m): 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2006
IF you want more kissing and realistic sex grab a Indecency grin, don't let agros catch you
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by enugu(f): 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2006
soulpatrol:

not just the kissing alone, the cameramen need to get their angling right. don't they teach them how to get good angles and stuff like that? c'mon now, learn from hollywood. its always appaling to look at two naija actors kissing in a movie. no co-ordination, no on-screen chemistry, the woman always looks shy or like she's being forced, the guys lips are all over the place, God help us if he has humongous lips and he doesnt know what to do with it. haba! angry

@ soulpatrol,

grin grin grin I know what you mean!!! I once saw this kissing scene and saliva was dripping out of the guys mouth!!! it was

hilarious and disgusting at the same time. I think we should emulate Bollywood in that area; they don't actually kiss but

their love scenes still appear sensuous. Nolllywood should find use for our traditional methods of showing love like

picking the 'jigger' out of the man's feet grin grin grin or something like that lol!!! Or picking off the real/imaginary spots off

woman's face grin grin grin grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 1:50pm On Aug 23, 2006
@ enugu. grin first of all, ewwwwwwww saliva dripping out of his mouth? and they had the audacity to show that in a movie? what bad taste! they should be sued for making us watch rubbish like that. and i really give it to indians with their no kissing policy. because of that, the teasing makes it even better than the real thing. small time the guy chases the girl, she plays hard to get, he tries to kiss her and she just smiles, moves her head away and breaks into a song grin see, nothing gross about that. has worked for them for ages. so we can do the same or at least make the kissing decent for tv.

i didnt understand your last senetence though. what did you mean by "jigger"? and "imaginary spots"? cool
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by zebudaya(m): 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2006
The non kissing policy in Indian movies is Hypocritical to me, Okay if your movies have no Kissing or sex scenes just busting into love songs when you're supposed to be kissed how come India has the highest number of people living with HIV/Aids on the planet, and also second largest population in the world over a billion people. I'm sure it wasn't only by busting into song and avoiding kissing.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by 2old4that(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2006
U guys heard of the saying "If U Cant Make It, Fake It".

Love scene in nigerian movies are simply "fake."
They know they cant make it real better to fake it; and it really sucks!
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2006
i second that motion! cool makes us look like our people are bad kissers, which they are! grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by iice(f): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2006
@Soulpatrol high five!! lol
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by lauryn(f): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2006
I no gree, some nigerian men are actually GREAT/EXCELLENT kissers, actually just a select few grin kiss kiss
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by 2old4that(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2006
i dont buy the idea that nigerian men are not good kissers;

of course we do have good kissers; but they dont necessarily have to be in movies for u to know.

perhaps those that are there are not representing the male folks well enough.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2006
@ iice. hi 5 back at ya! grin sometimes i just have to look away when theyre kissing on screen. its almost x-rated just looking at all them thick biggish lips smooching on tv. ewwww. like practice or something. would rather they leave the kissing scenes out and stick to the bad acting. no be dan dan (by force) grin grin grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by mamaput(f): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2006
Most Nollywood films are family films. This means for mother father and the kids,
I think people will stop buying them if it is any more than that a family film.

That is what i love about Bollywood they do not Kiss and they do not fu** .But what every they are doing there , it looks good.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by LoverBwoy(m): 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2006
Most Nollywood films are family films. This means for mother father and the kids,
I think people will stop buying them if it is any more than that a family film.

come on mama , i swear all nigeria films are rated 18 if possible they should rate them 28!! the violence alone na gaga
grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by mamaput(f): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2006
!8 is just a number,
am not sure many parents care about the violence as they do about the kissing.
I know that i watched many bad horror films they did not bother my dad it was only the KIss and nude parts that bothered him.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by LoverBwoy(m): 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2006
i think they should come with a warning, they are not family moviesat all
they dont do kissing because thats our culture but they do get rich by any means necessary wink Kanayo O kanayo cool
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by mamaput(f): 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2006
I know kissing is not our culture.
And i know that these films are made so bad that my kids have a good laugh.
They do not look real. Well not to me.
But i agree with kissing is not a part of our culture
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by dennylove(m): 11:32pm On Aug 23, 2006
MAMAPUT, na kitchen you for dey tru-tru, who tell you say KISSING NO BE OUR CULTURE?
well,i don't know about the NAIRALANDERS,as for me,am an excellent n wonderful KISSER
OR YOU WAN TRY ME?
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2006
ah did i hear theres a wonderful kisser in the hizzzzouse?? grin abeg wheres your mouth o, because im a great kisser so i think and most naija guys are just blaaaaahhhhhhh!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by mamaput(f): 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2006
dennylove:

MAMAPUT, na kitchen you for dey tru-tru, who tell you say KISSING NO BE OUR CULTURE?
well,i don't know about the NAIRALANDERS,as for me,am an excellent n wonderful KISSER
OR YOU WAN TRY ME?
It is not our culture even shaking hands is not our culture.
Na white man bring that one come.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by soulpatrol(f): 11:48pm On Aug 23, 2006
people everywhere adapt all kinds of cultures. aint no wrong in that.
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by mamaput(f): 11:52pm On Aug 23, 2006
Nobody says there is anything wrong with that.
Its just a matter of Fact that it is not our culture.
Not even rice is our culture,
Re: Portrayal Of Kissing And Lovemaking In Nollywood Movies by 2old4that(m): 6:49pm On Aug 24, 2006
For the mere fact that some of this cultures has been for ages doesnt mean they are right or perfect.

we just have to imbibe new trends into our cultures rather than recycling same-old stuff for ages.

for God sake the world is revolving,
we need to revolve along with it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Websites For Downloading Nigerian Movies / Funmilayo: The Lioness Of Lisabi: Joke Silva To Star As Funmilayo Kuti In Biopic / My Short Drama Script- Pls Criticise!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.