Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,542 members, 7,955,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative (1054 Views)

The Comeback (short Narrative) / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by ruffhandu: 2:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
Copyright © 2015 by Ruffhandu
All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher except as permitted by the Author.

CBN CLEARING HOUSE: OUR PLAYGROUND (The Last King of The Unwashed)
When I saw a mail from HR directing my change of job function, I did not bear any grudge. Perhaps because I had spent quite some time in my former unit and itched for a change, or because I had known the team of staff I was going to work with; though I had never worked with them directly, they were my friends.

My new supervisor and his team gave me a soft landing. They made me feel at home and it was like the old times, allowed me some time to handover my previous assignment and assisted me settle down. when I ‘settled down’, it was time to ‘introduce’ me to the Clearing House; that was the core function of a clearing staff- representing your bank in CBN as regards cheque clearing matters.

A bank not being represented in the House any day was ominous. So, every bank made an appearance every other day, even if they had no cheque to ‘clear’. The clearing House made clearing to be one of the most interesting units I have worked in so far throughout my banking career; my present unit doesn’t offer me the kind of fun I experienced as a clearing Rep.
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by ruffhandu: 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2015
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2015
*following*
kingphilip
cybershow
kusibe77
make una come
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
@ruffhandu, found this work by chance! Good job you are doing here. Did you delete an update? I'm following.
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Cybershow(m): 7:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
Chinweblinkz:
*following*
kingphilip
cybershow
kusibe77
make una come
I Dn show o...omoh it seem say d tory go mak sense king thronekid, divepen, prettydiva89, mak una cum 2
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2015
Cybershow:
I Dn show o...omoh it seem say d tory go mak sense king thronekid, divepen, prettydiva89, mak una cum 2
i don arrive
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Cybershow(m): 7:31pm On Feb 08, 2015
prettydiva89:

i don arrive
Alrit dear
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 08, 2015
Cybershow:
Bounces into the thread, dressed in black, orders Alomo, sips a little and booms out 'OP, IF U BE GIRL, COME SIT WITH ME AND IF U BE GUY, FIND ME ONE PRETTY LADY FOR MY SIDE, chinweblinkz or kizzykeziah is enough!'
. Starts Tapping my toes on the floor, your time starts now.
Cybershow, I don show!
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by ruffhandu: 9:03am On Feb 09, 2015
candy:
@ruffhandu, found this work by chance! Good job you are doing here. Did you delete an update? I'm following.

Lol! Yes my dear, I did. I may have to even delete the one there and make it a full story, instead of a short one. And perhaps, the title would change.
Thanks a lot.
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 09, 2015
I Read this somewhere before and I don't think u are the author, are you sure you are? @ Ruffhandu
#NO_OFFENSE_OH
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by ruffhandu: 1:10pm On Feb 09, 2015
thronekid:
I Read this somewhere before and I don't think u are the author, are you sure you are? @ Ruffhandu
#NO_OFFENSE_OH

Lol! Read it somewhere? ANYWHERE ELSE YOU SEE THIS MEANS MY WORK HAS BEEN PLAGIARISED.
Itis 100% original to me. I had to remove some other parts.

I don't think you'll see this anywhere else but Nairaland, I have not posted it any other place.

Am sure you saw my copyright notice here.
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
ruffhandu:

Lol! Read it somewhere? ANYWHERE ELSE YOU SEE THIS MEANS MY WORK HAS BEEN PLAGIARISED.
Itis 100% original to me. I had to remove some other parts.

I don't think you'll see this anywhere else but Nairaland, I have not posted it any other place.

Am sure you saw my copyright notice here.
Okay, it's been long I read it, maybe a month or two ago, I could have remembered the exact place, anyway, keep it going!
Re: Clearing House: Our Playground (the Last King Of Unwashed)-A short narrative by ruffhandu: 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2015
thronekid:

Okay, [b]it's been long I read it, maybe a month or two ago, I could have remembered the exact place, anyway, keep it going![/b]

Not this. I posted this here the very day I typed it. Thanks all the same

(1) (Reply)

Five Simple Steps To Strengthen The Bond Between Partners / Black Bird / Help! Which Is Correct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.