Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree (31743 Views)

Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Grade In Nigerian Universities / NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Grade In Nigerian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Huffington: 5:28pm On Feb 04, 2015
THE National Universities Commission (NUC) has abolished the award of Pass Degree in Nigerian Universities with effect from the 2013/ 2014 academic session.

Prof Abdullahi Zuru, the Vice Chancellor of Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, disclosed this on Wednesday at the 2014/2015 matriculation of 4,133 students of the institution.

``This has far reaching implications on the grading system of students in universities.

``This means that the minimum pass mark for courses in the universities will now be 45 per cent, that is, D-grade, instead of the previous 40 per cent which was E-grade.

``It also means that the minimum class of degree to be earned by students will now be Third Class," he said.

According to him, no university student will henceforth graduate with a Pass Degree. He therefore enjoined the students to work hard to earn their stay in the university.

The vice chancellor also advised them to shun extremism, bigotry, violence, ethnicity, political intolerance and religious prejudice.

Zuru commended the Federal Government and its agencies for fully transforming the landscape of the university.

Earlier, the Dean of Students Affairs, Dr Adamu Aliero warned that any student that flouted the rules and regulations of the university would be sanctioned.

He assured the students that the management of the institution would continue to accord top priority to their welfare.

In a remark, Mr Aminu Wushishi, Chairman of the caretaker committee of the students union government, assured that the students would be law abiding. (NAN)

http://m.ngrguardiannews.com/en/news/national-news/196676-nuc-abolishes-pass-degree-says-vc

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by pekeyim: 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
This is a good one, I think the Minimum should be a 2.2 rather!!!

13 Likes

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by papercoin(m): 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2015
That one sef na grade? When 2.1 and first class are still roaming with brown envelope funny thing msc holders are becoming applicants now

BS degree Btw I'm using my AFFIDAVIT already grin just #500 I even gave the court registrar #100 for coke.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
This NL app rocks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Maczeelly(m): 6:52pm On Feb 04, 2015
Gdfp
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Not okay
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by gift01: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
See the stress Students pass thru just to become something in life. Even now, a Pass is no more accepted AND someone without certificate want to rule NIGERIA. What a big ERROR!

123 Likes 22 Shares

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by clubone0502: 6:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Huh...what happens if u don't meet the grade...
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by dmjinc(m): 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Good Move undecided
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by cycline404(m): 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Smile!
To what difference does it make;

In our country where;
First Class
Second Class
Uppper and lower division
finds it difficult to have a job

Third Class that they will not even include in any job opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by dubylhover(m): 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
chooii....so dem don finally troway certificate of attendance grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by tiamiyukunle69(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
Interesting....but some people go hear am

2 Likes

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Coded7: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
E no stop people from expo na
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by siegfried99(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
Nice development
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Nobody: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
This space is for sale.... But can be given free to GEJ supporters,
GEJ till 2019 ehhhhhhh

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Maczeelly(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
bestestgirl:
This NL app rocks
Welcum 2 our world!
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by englishmart(m): 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
now we must read harder than hard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Simitrendy: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
NUC always having problem since 1809 pls vote wisely GMB-OSINBAJO is a total change! A progressive change to grassroots

10 Likes

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Chai...It shall be well with holders of certificate of attendance
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by ekwerendi55(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
d best way to get a job in Nigeria is just to climb d academic ranks I.e bsc,MSC n PhD its not necessarily d grades

4 Likes

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by DucciJay(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
OK I don hear... I go comot wit first class be that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Does dat mean, d pass student fit go and change dem certificate?
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Pectoris(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Should I say good development?
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by vantage7: 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
"Let my people go" is gone!

4 Likes

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by bunmioguns(m): 6:56pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hmmm
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Mubby4luv(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Hmmm.
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Tobilastik(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
hmmmm. .well, it make sense
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by gabinogem(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
nice move... now most of these dullards will sit up & face their studies, not whoring around & engaging in cultist activities.
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
Maczeelly:
Welcum 2 our world!
grin grin grin grin grin I tell ya
Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by samtin(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
student who go to school only to flex their parents mullah have got to hold their balls now... soon this thing called BSc will be B.S... to my opinion. 2.2 should be minimum

1 Like

Re: NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree by Ariyke: 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2015
So no more let my people go?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Education Graduates, Students To Get Automatic Employment, Stipends / Top 100 Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria / Student Cuts Teacher With Machete For Punishing His Girlfriend In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.