Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank (8259 Views)

2016 Sterling Bank Entry-Level Recruitment / MRS Oil Nigeria Plc Recruitment / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by engbash: 6:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
Good day NL I kindly solicit your advise on the working conditions in these organisations IT department as I have secured employment with two and gone very far in the recruitment process of the remaining one but am to resume next month March.
There salaries so far take home i.e. net hovers around 125-160k.
my worry is the working conditions now and the opportunity to grow.
your contributions are welcomed.
Thanks in advance
regards;
Maverick

3 Likes

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by walearoy(m): 7:51pm On Feb 04, 2015
Pls don't come to the bank

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by mxchly(m): 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2015
KPMG bro... there's so much growth opportunities
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by menacity(m): 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2015
Engbash congrats oo.pls how did u apply for MRS own.I need am biko.thanks

Ogbakpan.oscar@gmail.com
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by vickylinco(m): 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2015
wao. am very happy for you. I pray that God will do mine

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by highlygbaski: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2015
Stay away from bank job
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by olawumia(m): 10:11pm On Feb 04, 2015
KPMG is better for a starter. Its a MNC, u ll be exposed to many training. d environment is okay for a hard working guy

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by 1wolex85: 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
Which mrs oil? Is it mrs oil Nigeria plc or mrs oil and gas Ltd? Anyway, from the salary range you mentioned, it is mrs oil and gas Ltd. Just go for KPMG.
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by engbash: 8:29am On Feb 05, 2015
Many thanks for all your responses but can those who advocate for KPMG pls provide more details on its inner workings and kind trainings one would be exposed to. I dont want to make a bad choice that I will live to regret.

Once many thanks to those who not only viewed but responded.

Regards

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by engbash: 8:34am On Feb 05, 2015
menacity:
Engbash congrats oo.pls how did u apply for MRS own.I need am biko.thanks

Ogbakpan.oscar@gmail.com

Bro I sent my CVs around and someone I know that knows somebody who knows who works there passed it to them. me sef confuse when dem invite me 1st.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by menacity(m): 8:46am On Feb 05, 2015
Omo make I send my CV too nau.Must I come to Lagos 1st . Engbash. #DarisGod ooo

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by 1wolex85: 8:59am On Feb 05, 2015
engbash:
Many thanks for all your responses but can those who advocate for KPMG pls provide more details on its inner workings and kind trainings one would be exposed to. I dont want to make a bad choice that I will live to regret.

Regards
Oga, you are speaking english, just pick kpmg and forget about the rest. Speaking as someone that KNOWS.

3 Likes

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by damola1: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2015
1wolex85:

Oga, you are speaking english, just pick kpmg and forget about the rest. Speaking as someone that KNOWS.

This is the problem we've with Nigerians. always carrying hand!.. which one is someone that knows?.. know what?...tell me what do you know?... you know everything abi?....

A simple analysis based on your 'limited' experience and you are saying you know!..

I expected something like:

Oh, based on my experience, as you very well know... all companies have different departments, and KPMG is no different, their strongest is their finance/accounts, cos thats their bread and butter, if you are going to be a great accountant, this is a great place to start, but they also have their IT department, cos, most of their backend operation is now run by some of the best technology in the world... you'll have access to x, y, z,

Then key question will be, do they build solution customised to the need of their target market, cos, a lot of MNC, have this issue of always remaining global and never staying local... and so, the IT dept, is simply a receiver of anything they say from america or london...

This is how analysis is done, not to just be some pompous knucklehead and say you know.. do you think the guy got 3 job offers by luck.. he did because he actually knows!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by 1wolex85: 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
damola1:

This is the problem we've with Nigerians. always carrying hand!.. which one is someone that knows?.. know what?...tell me what do you know?... you know everything abi?....

A simple analysis based on your 'limited' experience and you are saying you know!..

I expected something like:

Oh, based on my experience, as you very well know... all companies have different departments, and KPMG is no different, their strongest is their finance/accounts, cos thats their bread and butter, if you are going to be a great accountant, this is a great place to start, but they also have their IT department, cos, most of their backend operation is now run by some of the best technology in the world... you'll have access to x, y, z,

Then key question will be, do they build solution customised to the need of their target market, cos, a lot of MNC, have this issue of always remaining global and never staying local... and so, the IT dept, is simply a receiver of anything they say from america or london...

This is how analysis is done, not to just be some pompous knucklehead and say you know.. do you think the guy got 3 job offers by luck.. he did because he actually knows!
There is no need for this your write up and you don't have to , if I write too much, I'll give my self away (I expect you to understand now). I will state again, the op should choose KPMG. I won't say more than that, if the op wants to know more, he can pm me. You obviously don't know what you are talking about so I would ignore your diatribes.
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
1wolex85:

OP doesn't just want to know which to choose, he also wants to know 'why' he should do that.. very simple

ehh, i can't help you op... no knowledge........

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by 1wolex85: 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2015
MarvellousGod:
OP doesn't just want to know which to choose, he also wants to know 'why' he should do that.. very simple

ehh, i can't help you op... no knowledge........
I don't know why people can't ignore what they don't understand. The op and I have communicated privately and he understands why I can't say much on the forum. Just ignore
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by Nobody: 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2015
I will advise you pray about it. Let God lead you. But as for me, I will go for KPMG. You will get exposed to trainings etc. And they also encourage career development.
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by davide470(m): 5:34pm On Feb 05, 2015
1wolex85:

There is no need for this your write up and you don't have to , if I write too much, I'll give my self away (I expect you to understand now).
Really!!

If you are not a Manager, Senior or Partner, biko, what are you giving away? KPMG employs c.100 yearly and them penty for here!..You could have just not commented

@engbash, hope you know MRS Oil was formerly called Chevron Oil. cheesy .

But KPMG would offer you growth. that is, if you eventually get posted to the unit you desire though.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 05, 2015
engbash:

Regards

When did you do your senior manager interview? This is the one you say you've gone "far" in right?

Modified. Checked your history, you're probably ahead of me. Have you done the last stage??

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by Nobody: 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
1wolex85:

I don't know why people can't ignore what they don't understand. The op and I have communicated privately and he understands why I can't say much on the forum. Just ignore
I can't ignore because this is a public forum and I will comment when I wish... How would I know you communicated privately? I based my judgement on what I saw here.. #peace

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by Atk1nson(m): 7:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
Given the little I know about the stated companies, KPMG is better. In career progression, training n ur market value will be higher there

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by wo1F(m): 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
davide470:
Please tell me you are the one holding the sword?

Success!
Rawdeal:

Dreamer grin
thanks btw

Rawdeal I wouldn't mind joining my brother Dave in dying by the sword o cheesy

Success too!
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 05, 2015
wo1F:

Rawdeal I wouldn't mind joining my brother Dave in dying by the sword o cheesy

Success too!

smh. Guys!

Thanks cheesy
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 06, 2015
in any decision you make don't pick sterling bank
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:01pm On Feb 06, 2015
why
booqee:
in any decision you make don't pick sterling bank

2 Likes

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by engbash: 2:42am On Feb 08, 2015
Many thanks for all your comments and PMs. I am now very informed on the issue and all companies involved. although I had wished I had gotten more insight into KPMG's IT Unit and its general operation and trainings, it seems to be my best bet of the 3.
God bless you all.

regards.
Maverick

1 Like

Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by thelifechangers: 12:40am On Mar 05, 2015
Re: KPMG Vs MRS Oil Vs Sterling Bank by slyfran6(m): 3:16pm On Feb 08, 2021
engbash:
Good day NL I kindly solicit your advise on the working conditions in these organisations IT department as I have secured employment with two and gone very far in the recruitment process of the remaining one but am to resume next month March.
There salaries so far take home i.e. net hovers around 125-160k.
my worry is the working conditions now and the opportunity to grow.
your contributions are welcomed.
Thanks in advance
regards;
Maverick

Hi, which did you go for and how did it turn out.
I'm at the early phase of my career in the IT sector too and if like to learn from you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Abuja, Masters Degree Programme / Vacancy In Yenagoa: / What's That Statement You Hate The Most From Any Company Or Any Organization?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.