Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher (1983 Views)

I Wrote UTME 12 Times Before Gaining Admission - OAU Fresher / I'm A Victim Of Fake JAMB Runz - Help! / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by AAPS(m): 10:19pm On Feb 04, 2015
Pls I need someone on dis field to advice me on what to do and not to do in university concerning dis course GEOLOGY. I also need an advice on d aspect to study on d long run dat will fetch me better job to provide for my needs. e.g petrology, meteorology and so on
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by butanep(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2015
You are a fresher. I don't know your school but you have to know Geology is never easy. It is as complicated as the earth itself but with zeal, focus & determination, you will succeed.

I studied Geology, graduated 2013 at University of Benin. I graduated with a second class upper.

Geology is a very nice course only if you see it that way & work to get the best. You must start from the very beginning to acquire your A's. Geology is an all rounded discipline i.e it covers maths, physics, chemistry, chemistry & even part of geography. So you have to be vibrant in your ordinary level sciences courses which will help you as you progress in the field.
Take every course serious even the elective courses because you might need them later. Never underrate any course by its credit load. Some courses are small in credit load but very big in content. Don't play with your CORE COURSES. They are very important to you as the water you drink. They determine the strength & weakness of your GP. Do not play with your field trips, that is the real geology. The report at the end is very essential if you want to do very well. Respect your lecturers because most GLY lectures are sadist. Don't miss classes for no concrete reason. Make friends in higher class as they will give you the code of each of the lectures & key materials. I must emphasize, make friends that are intelligent both in higer class & your class. Geology is not often associated with beautiful ladies, so you might not get distraction from ladies in your dept except you decide to find the one that will distract you. That does not mean, you should not run things. A man will always be a man. Always put God first in all you do. You can't depend on your small brain.

They are some many professional courses which are hydrology, hydrogeology, petrology, mineralogy, petroleum geology, structural geology, geotectonics, geophysic, engineering geology just to mention a few. As you move on in your studies, you will know where you fit in and where you can do better. I don't know your strength & weakness, so I can't choose for you.
God help you in your academic race. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by AAPS(m): 12:50pm On Feb 05, 2015
butanep:
You are a fresher. I don't know your school but you have to know Geology is never easy. It is as complicated as the earth itself but with zeal, focus & determination, you will succeed.

I studied Geology, graduated 2013 at University of Benin. I graduated with a second class upper.

Geology is a very nice course only if you see it that way & work to get the best. You must start from the very beginning to acquire your A's. Geology is an all rounded discipline i.e it covers maths, physics, chemistry, chemistry & even part of geography. So you have to be vibrant in your ordinary level sciences courses which will help you as you progress in the field.
Take every course serious even the elective courses because you might need them later. Never underrate any course by its credit load. Some courses are small in credit load but very big in content. Don't play with your CORE COURSES. They are very important to you as the water you drink. They determine the strength & weakness of your GP. Do not play with your field trips, that is the real geology. The report at the end is very essential if you want to do very well. Respect your lecturers because most GLY lectures are sadist. Don't miss classes for no concrete reason. Make friends in higher class as they will give you the code of each of the lectures & key materials. I must emphasize, make friends that are intelligent both in higer class & your class. Geology is not often associated with beautiful ladies, so you might not get distraction from ladies in your dept except you decide to find the one that will distract you. That does not mean, you should not run things. A man will always be a man. Always put God first in all you do. You can't depend on your small brain.

They are some many professional courses which are hydrology, hydrogeology, petrology, mineralogy, petroleum geology, structural geology, geotectonics, geophysic, engineering geology just to mention a few. As you move on in your studies, you will know where you fit in and where you can do better. I don't know your strength & weakness, so I can't choose for you.

Thanks May Almighty God Bless u Abundantly, My new school is Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko(AAUA) Thanks for d advice I will put it at my left hand,thanks so much.
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by butanep(m): 2:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
AAPS:

Thanks May Almighty God Bless u Abundantly, My new school is Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko(AAUA) Thanks for d advice I will put it at my left hand,thanks so much.
You are always welcome. Just do your best.
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jun 24, 2015
butanep:

please can you help me with a seminar topic either on petrology or geochemistry, or both
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by butanep(m): 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
denkyw:
please can you help me with a seminar topic either on petrology or geochemistry, or both
Sorry I didn't get this message on time...

Soft or hard copy
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2015
butanep:
Sorry I didn't get this message on time...

Soft or hard copy

thanks for your reply, already got a topic on ''methods of solid mineral exploration'' it covers the stages of literature review, geophysical, geochemical and remote sensing method and even coring stage. wondering if there is any material on that, preferably a soft copy (PDF or docx ).
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by butanep(m): 6:34am On Jul 28, 2015
denkyw:

thanks for your reply, already got a topic on ''methods of solid mineral exploration'' it covers the stages of literature review, geophysical, geochemical and remote sensing method and even coring stage. wondering if there is any material on that, preferably a soft copy (PDF or docx ).
"Methods of solid mineral exploration". Are you discussing about all the solid minerals or you are taking a particular mineral as a case study, because every mineral has its own exploration method. Let me know.
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 28, 2015
butanep:
"Methods of solid mineral exploration". Are you discussing about all the solid minerals or you are taking a particular mineral as a case study, because every mineral has its own exploration method. Let me know.
I was not really given a case study, but I can use lead or coal, but it's not the mining methods like open cast method and the rest, just the method for prospecting for potential mineral presence in economic quantity. but I will appreciate any material on coal, zinc or lead.
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by butanep(m): 8:05am On Jul 28, 2015
denkyw:

I was not really given a case study, but I can use lead or coal, but it's not the mining methods like open cast method and the rest, just the method for prospecting for potential mineral presence in economic quantity. but I will appreciate any material on coal, zinc or lead.
no problem

I will reply you soon
Re: Need An Advice On Geology, I'm A Fresher by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2015
butanep:
no problem
I will reply you soon
OK thanks, anticipating here is my email if any need arrives denkyogb@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

[PHOTO] How To Answer "True Or False" Questions. / Oau Sets New Record Releases Post Utme Result In 12 Hours / UNIMAID'S VC Prof. Njodi Breaks Record, Signs Over 40,000 Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.