Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? (16614 Views)

US Plans $600Million Investment In Nigeria / Property Investment In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2009
Kc9ja:

Am a witness. Property is good anytime anyday. Infact as a growing young man, am more interested in those remote places that will grow with me.

Cheers

I absolutely agree with that smart idea. That was the same thing a friend of mine said some time ago. I heard they've even launched a real estate portal where estate agents can post free and unlimited images and videos of their properties (http://www.estatebasket.com/).

Even life itself is a risk. Imagine the stock market crash for example!
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by ahf(m): 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2009
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by feelfred: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
There is no country where property investment is not profitable. the profitability varies from one country to another. specifically, as a property consultant, i will advice that you get a property professional not quack, to assist you. depending on the depth of proposed investment, the service should be free. profitability varies significantly with different variables e.g location, sophistication of design, proposed use, financing alternatives, cashflows, govt policies et cetere. pls dnt jump into any property investment without a concrete advice from a property professional. i cn assist you for free if anyone is interested. 08038197104; realestate1804@yahoo.co.uk.
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by sonety2k(m): 12:53pm On Sep 19, 2009
cool
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by candylips(m): 11:46am On Sep 21, 2009
the market is a bubble waiting to bust
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by IfeomaN: 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2009
YOU CAN OWN AN INVESTMENT IN THE TINAPA CITY.

Our Client, Ata-Isi Supplies& Services co ltd is offering a limited number of 3-bedroom luxury apartments, 2 rooms semi-detached apartments and 2 bedroom detached bungalows at Ata-Isi River-side Estate , Ikot Offiong Ambai, Government Residential Layout (GRA) Akpabuyo, Calabar, at a cheap price. This estate is less than 10 minutes drive from the Calabar International Airport( margareth ekpo airport) and about 7 minutes drive from Tinapa.

Ata-isi river side estate is the second estate in calabar and is in high demand.Limited no of hours are available.

PRICES:

2 bedroom semi-detached- N4.5m
2 bedroom detached N5.5M
3 bedroom luxury apartment N7M

PAYMENT TERMS.

35% upfront payment and a flexible repayment plan of 65% up to 180 days.

All payments should be made to :

Account name: Ata-Isi Supplies & Services Co. Ltd.
Account No: 6110709607 Zenith bank

Application forms are obtainable from all contact points @N5000

For further inquires please contact:

Ify-08023379557, 07025025175
Ifeoma- 08059030815
victor-08039557451

CARE CONCEPT NIGERIA
Sales/marketing solutions,Innovation,superior effectiveness.
4th flour front wing, suites 402
17/19 allen avenue , ikeja lagos
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by IfeomaN: 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2009
YOU CAN OWN AN INVESTMENT IN THE TINAPA CITY.

Our Client, Ata-Isi Supplies& Services co ltd is offering a limited number of 3-bedroom luxury apartments, 2 rooms semi-detached apartments and 2 bedroom detached bungalows at Ata-Isi River-side Estate , Ikot Offiong Ambai, Government Residential Layout (GRA) Akpabuyo, Calabar, at a cheap price. This estate is less than 10 minutes drive from the Calabar International Airport( margareth ekpo airport) and about 7 minutes drive from Tinapa.

Ata-isi river side estate is the second estate in calabar and is in high demand.Limited no of hours are available.

PRICES:

2 bedroom semi-detached- N4.5m
2 bedroom detached N5.5M
3 bedroom luxury apartment N7M

PAYMENT TERMS.

35% upfront payment and a flexible repayment plan of 65% up to 180 days.

All payments should be made to :

Account name: Ata-Isi Supplies & Services Co. Ltd.
Account No: 6110709607 Zenith bank

Application forms are obtainable from all contact points @N5000

For further inquires please contact:

Ify-08023379557, 07025025175
Ifeoma- 08059030815
victor-08039557451

CARE CONCEPT NIGERIA
Sales/marketing solutions,Innovation,superior effectiveness.
4th flour front wing, suites 402
17/19 allen avenue , ikeja lagos
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by candylips(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2009
wow tinapa nice one
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Eagleeyes: 12:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
I just found a new property listing website http://www.nairaproperty.com mainly for nigeria property investment, landlords, and tenant.
Its pretty cool to have such website where you can log on to search for house to rent or even rent out your.

If we can think like Nigerians who are doing this freely our world will be better!

Guys please check it out at www.nairaproperty.com

Suprise, it has geocoding facility as well! (i.e) geocoding is a goggle map real-time online location of your property to be rented or sold. Cool!
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Vic3ltd: 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2010
Market Statistics show that in the year 2008, the African Real Estate Sector performed stronger than the US Real Estate Sector, as strong as the European Real Estate Sector with only the Real Estate Sectors of Asia Pacific and the Middle East showing more strength than the African Real Estate Sector. That the African Real Estate sector was the least affected by recent Global economic crisis indicates that the African Real Estate is the most resilient of the world's real estate markets and the factual position of the African real estate market is that it is not only an emerging market with great capacity for growth, it is also as profitable as any other market in the world. It should be mentioned also that  growth of the African real estate market is inhibited by the general misconception of international  investors who erroneously perceive Africa as the dark continent to their own peril, because Africa is a new frontier for business and as a matter of fact, the last frontier.

Any savvy or prudent real estate investor would know that because the African real estate market is still in its infancy,  this is the proper moment to enter the  market and entering the market at this time places investors and developers in vantage positions because in a market where demand far exceeds supply, maximum returns can be generated over a very short period of time; moreover, in most African countries the need for development has led to liberalization of statutory requirements placed on investors which is a good indicator for investors and this reflects in lower tax considerations, easier capital repatriation and zealous protection of investor funds.

Without controversy, the Nigerian real estate sector is the most relevant on the continent of Africa, not just because of being the market with the highest realizable ROI but also because demand for property is very high owing to a vibrant local economy constituted by a population in the excess of Two hundred million ( 200,000,000) supported by petro dollars, this so not surprisingly considering that Nigeria is the biggest petroleum producer on the continent.

Nigeria has a uniquely high local demand for property;  this demand creates opportunity for investment. With high demand for property comes high ROI for investors who invest in real estate development in Nigeria, active investors have recorded AROI’s of over 100% under certain conditions, but the market guarantees AROI of as high as 40%. There exists a high demand for  residential, commercial and hospitality real estate in Nigeria; but the Nigerian market is beclouded with mystique often considered uncertain and even dangerous to many investors  who may otherwise wish  to exploit the opportunities existent in the Nigerian real estate market.

Our company VIC THREE LIMITED  has a purpose to demystify the Nigerian Real Estate market and expose it for what it really is i.e. A real estate investment market where a strong local demand creates an environment offering better security to the investors investments unlike say UAE or Costa Rica which must attract foreign demand for local real estate to sustain their real estate industries.

If you wil want to discuss how you can enter and take advantage of the Nigerian Real Estate market please do not hesitate to contact us.

Vic Three Limited. 
Lawan Gawanabe Cresent, Apo Qtrs,                                               
FCT, Nigeria.                                                         
Tel: + 234 (0) 8 133 150 150
Tel: +234 (0) 70 406 202 14
Web: www.vic-3-ltd.net           
Email: vic-3-ltd@hotmail.com
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by oderemo(m): 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2010
Without controversy, the Nigerian real estate sector is the most relevant on the continent of Africa, not just because of being the market with the highest realizable ROI but also because demand for property is very high owing to a vibrant local economy constituted by a population in the excess of Two hundred million ( 200,000,000) supported by petro dollars, this so not surprisingly considering that Nigeria is the biggest petroleum producer on the continent
@ vic 3, i don't want to lock horns with you , but what you wrote above is nothing short of blatant exaggerating . am sorry.
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Vic3ltd: 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2010
We do not mean that the Nigerian Real Estate Market is the most funded rather it is underfunded neither did we declare that the 200,000,000 population figure is based on actual census, but it being settled that 1 of every 6 inhabitants of sub Saharan Africa is Nigerian, you can do the math.

We do not mean to lock horns, the worth of the Nigerian Real Estate sector cannot be defined as there is no indices to deduce value, but ask yourself, how many major cities are there in Nigeria where Real Estate investments are very strong and then check to see how many such cities there are in the whole of sub Saharan Africa, you will get the idea.

Fact is the sector is being harmonized and new ideas are flourishing and being embraced, I am sure in a few years you will understand how it is that Nigeria’s economy is the most important in the sub continent.
While at it, please visit this site and study the Nigerian Investment Report (2009) http://www.africamatters.com/site_content_files/files/nigeria_investment_report_2009.pdf
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by oderemo(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2010
@vic3 ltd,
i thank you very much for your reply, let now digest your link which goes to buttress my caution,
1.par.4 by the acting president stated thus.OUR ECONOMY GREW BY ALMOST 7% \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ WITNESSED BY 150MIL.PPLE LIVING ACCROSS 36 STATES.' In this statement we have nothing to support the 200 mil claim.
2.In baroness walleseys comment , she then made mentioned of the 150 mil. and moreover she cautioned that ' INVESTORS TO TAKE MEASURED LOOK AT NIGERIA I do not see enough enthusiasm in that statement as far as i am concerned.
pls be aware that i am as well an investor in this sector of our economy and i see a long way of hardwork both from stake holders and government in this area of before we are home and dry.
fact are dd.is zillion more than supply ,hence the imbalance in the system.our government are totally not sincere when it comes to providing shelter for the populace.
these and other probs make a mockery of the term 'affordable homes.'
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by architectB(m): 8:45am On Mar 23, 2011
hey
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Sagewood: 5:11am On Apr 20, 2011
candylips:

I think the property market will crash just like the stock market very soon. Returns of 300% is just not sustainable. I mean how can a house sold for #400 k like 4 years ago be selling for #10 mill. This kinds of returns are mad and unsustainable. London used to have those kinds of returns just about a year ago and look at how it has come crashing down.

[/quote
@ Candylips, I find it hard to believe most parts of your post. Can u give examples? Where has a house bought for #400K and four years later sold for #10millions?
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Sagewood: 5:59am On Apr 20, 2011
Interesting!
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by hpt: 11:31am On Apr 20, 2011
Investments could take different forms; but the most appreciable investment is the REAL ESTATE [/b]or what is generally refer to as [b]PROPERTIES. [/b]Buildings like any other products need to be maintained periodic to sustain its service life otherwise the rate of deterioration would be fast; resulting in Low Return on Investment.

Building or Concrete Structures are all susceptible to both internal and External Stress when exposed to External Factors e.g Corrosive Ground Water table, Atmospheric Moisture, Wind and heat. These result to corrosion of reinforcement bars, efflorescence, rising dampness, leakage, Cracks, Paint Blisters, Water Patches on Painted areas etc, which deteriorates the service life of the structure.It is also Worth Mentioning that Because the Building Structure is a Heterogeneous Product, it shows signs of[b] DISTRESS
over time if adequate attentions are not paid on specific details during the construction process.

To solve this WATER RELATED PROBLEM we ARE introducing an internationally certified WATERPROOFING PRODUCT for all waterproofing works.

These can be used for the following:
Swimming Pools

Basement (Negative side or the Positive side)

Septic Tank,

Underground Water tank,

Concrete Roofing Slab - no need for Felts again, Felts gets punctured and cracks when exposed to heat. Hence not reliable.

Building Walls Exposed to Moisture(Rising Dampness or Penetration dampness)

Protection of Foundation from underground water containing salt.

Fountains,

Floor Slabs that need to be waterproofed. etc

For more information contact us at housepointbm@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Sagewood: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2011
Very informative!
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by harakiri(m): 3:34am On Apr 21, 2011
How profitable is owning a property in the UK/US/EU compared to Nigeria? Is it possible for a non-citizen of those countries to own property there?
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Sagewood: 6:02am On Apr 21, 2011
Note: The following info is based on my personal experience. I have lived in two countries in Europe and currently based in the US.
Property investment in the US/UK/ EU can be very profitable if you have millions of Euro/ Dollars/ Pounds in cash to finance the projects.
If you are going to depend on mortgages then prepare to take a very serious financial hit. This is because cash payments eliminate bank requiements like deposits, life insurance, and property/ home insurance, and high interest payment on the house. Note the life and property insurance is only applicable to UK/EU. Not currently an issue in the US.
For example, if you buy a house @ $300,000 / 250,000 Euro/ 220,000 Pounds, with cash payment, you will only need to pay the taxes on the profit you make.
But if you buy with mortgage, and say with 10% deposit, you will need to also pay home and life insurance, including taxes.
Your monthly mortgage payment + insurance + interest rate payment + property taxes + normal profit taxes = very little or no profit with the current climate.
The banks in UK/ US/ EU may not finance the homes because you live outside their areas of operations and the issues of credit history and their ability to verify your income.
On the other hand, property investment in Nigeria is more profitable due to: lack of insurance and property taxes. Your profit margin is better, and you can invest with lesser amount because the cost of building or buying is cheaper.
Cost and profit analysis for a 5 or 10- year period by comparing UK/ EU/ US with Nigeria and taking all of the above issues into consideration will demonstrate that you are better off in investing in Nigeria. The above contribute largely to the reasons why Nigerians in the diaspora prefer to invest at home (Nigeria).
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by harakiri(m): 12:55am On Apr 22, 2011
Sagewood:

Note: The following info is based on my personal experience. I have lived in two countries in Europe and currently based in the US.
Property investment in the US/UK/ EU can be very profitable if you have millions of Euro/ Dollars/ Pounds in cash to finance the projects.
If you are going to depend on mortgages then prepare to take a very serious financial hit. This is because cash payments eliminate bank requiements like deposits, life insurance, and property/ home insurance, and high interest payment on the house. Note the life and property insurance is only applicable to UK/EU. Not currently an issue in the US.
For example, if you buy a house @ $300,000 / 250,000 Euro/ 220,000 Pounds, with cash payment, you will only need to pay the taxes on the profit you make.
But if you buy with mortgage, and say with 10% deposit, you will need to also pay home and life insurance, including taxes.
Your monthly mortgage payment + insurance + interest rate payment + property taxes + normal profit taxes = very little or no profit with the current climate.
The banks in UK/ US/ EU may not finance the homes because you live outside their areas of operations and the issues of credit history and their ability to verify your income.
On the other hand, property investment in Nigeria is more profitable due to: lack of insurance and property taxes. Your profit margin is better, and you can invest with lesser amount because the cost of building or buying is cheaper.
Cost and profit analysis for a 5 or 10- year period by comparing UK/ EU/ US with Nigeria and taking all of the above issues into consideration will demonstrate that you are better off in investing in Nigeria. The above contribute largely to the reasons why Nigerians in the diaspora prefer to invest at home (Nigeria).

Very resourceful information. I'll keep these in mind.
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by maclatunji: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2011
The recent flooding in Lagos as definitely changed the dynamics of real estate investment in Lagos. Areas that can guarantee relative security from flooding are likely to see appreciation in prices while flood-prone areas will see a fall. Bear this in mind when seeking to invest in property in Nigeria.

GetNAIJAProperties.com
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by noother: 12:59pm On Jun 10, 2012
Hi, I am a south African shopping mall developer and was wondering what the state of the Nigerian commercial re.al estate market is ? Would any of you be able to assist me?
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2012
@ no other
Commercial real estate as with other types of real estate in Nigeria is very profitable if you do your due diligence and buy from a credible source. Currently it's at a high, with the rapid increase in the number of estates (residential and commercial) in emerging communities, especially in Lagos and Ogun State. A number of states have begun wooing ivestors wit easy land acquisition in order to encourage commercial development.Also, in recent times, Nigeria has seen the influx of foreign companies looking to take advantage of the peculiar nature of our real estate, void of the amount of taxes and regulations they face in their home country. Investment property in Nigeria is in constant demand and you can never go wrong investing as long as you do your homework properly.

www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/111-politics/35021-ogun-woos-investors-with-easy-land-acquisition

www.hapiproperties.com/component/content/article/1-latest-news/56-actis-foresees-bright-future-for-nigerian-retail-real-estate
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by teekares(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
HOT SELLING
* EWEKORO phase1 (beside larfarge staff Estate) Survey and layout, global C of O N300,000 per plot
* EWEKORO phase 2 (itori,onigbedu) Survey and layout, global C of O N300,000 per plot
* IMOTA IKORODU (beside yaba tech NUT co-operative Estate) Survey and layout, global C of O N500,000 per plot
* IBEJU-LEKKI phase 1 (Abuja Quaters) Government gazzette N1.5m per plot
* IBEJU-LEKKI phase 2 (elerangbe) C of O N2m per plot
To inspect and close call/whatsapp : +2347038469805
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by cbravo(m): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2016
AN EVALUATION OF HOTEL PROPERTIES AS AN INVESTMENT OPTION IN ISELLE UKWU,DELTA STATE

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/estate-management/evaluation-hotel-properties-investment-option-iselle-ukwudelta-state/
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by cbravo2: 12:34pm On May 09, 2017
Re: Is Property Investment In Nigeria Worthwhile? by lizberry1(f): 1:48pm On May 09, 2017
Are you looking for the best investment plan that would yield great returns? Rosabon Treasury Note - RTN is just for you! With this plan, not only are you availed with highly competitive rates, you also get the opportunity to negotiate your interest rate on all deposits above N1,000,000.

The RTN is a fixed deposit account that guarantees higher interest rate and a flexible investment plan.NOTE ROSABON is 24 and they are celebrating it by giving higher rate on investment from 1m upward hurry and get the rate you have been looking for..... for inquiry pls call lizzy on 08163151055

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invest In Real Estate As It Is A Sure Way Of Getting Money During This Recessio / What Is Happy World Meal Gate? / Solarcity Investment App; Scam Or For Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.