Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry (35337 Views)

Top 5 Big Brother Housemates Who Will Be Relevant In The Entertainment Industry / 7 Nigerian Celebrity Bedrooms That Will Make You Drool(photos) / 7 Nigerian Celebrities And Their Beautiful Houses (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by danduchi(m): 1:20pm On Feb 05, 2015
http://stargist.com/cover/7-nigerian-celebrity-siblings-defied-odds-entertainment-industry/

It’s not a day’s job for a Nigerian celebrity to get a break in
the entertainment industry, especially with all the competition and limited opportunities. Despite this, some
incredible families have earned a spot in the entertainment
industry with not just one, but two and sometimes three of
the family members making a name for themselves.
1. Dakore Egbuson Akande and Timini Egbuson
Aside from acting talent, good looks also appear to run in
the genes of the Egbuson family. Dakore Egbuson Akande
has acted in over 50 films and is an ambassador for Amstel
Malta and Amnesty International. Timini, on the other hand,
is Dakore’s younger brother who is in the early stage of his
acting career. He plays the role of ‘Tobi’ in MTV Shuga Naija.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by danduchi(m): 1:21pm On Feb 05, 2015
2. Don Jazzy and D’ Prince
Michael Collins Ajereh, alias Don Jazzy, is a 32 year old
music producer. The award-winning songwriter, musician
and entrepreneur, is the CEO of Mavin Records,one of the
top record labels in the continent. Having launched Mavin
Records in May 2012, Don Jazzy remains one of the best
producers in the industry. The Collins brothers sure have a strong bond. Don Jazzy plays the role of elder brother as he has D’Prince (whose real name is Charles Enebeli) signed on to his label, Mavins Records. Both are making waves together in the music industry and have no major scandal on record.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by danduchi(m): 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2015
3. Paul, Peter and Jude Okoye
These guys deserve an award for the most unified family in
the industry (at least, they appear to be). The Okoyes- Jude,
Paul and Peter – have been in the music industry for over 10 years and produce their songs under the label, Square
records. Peter and Paul alias PSquare are the artistes, while
Jude is their manager. They have major hits to their credit,
such as ‘Do Me’, ‘Taste the Money’ and their most recent
song ‘Shekini’.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by danduchi(m): 1:36pm On Feb 05, 2015
4. Gabriel, Kunle and Aremu Afolayan
Sons of the foremost filmmaker of the 70s and 80s, Adeyemi
Afolayan, Kunle, Aremu and Gabriel Afolayan are no obscure
names in the Nigerian Entertainment industry, especially
Kunle, who is one of the most prominent filmmakers in the
movie industry today. In recent times, Gabriel Afolayan who
is an actor, launched his music career as ‘G Fresh’ and has
produced songs such as ‘Kokoro Ife’. Aremu could be
mistaken for Kunle’s twin and is also a talented actor.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by danduchi(m): 1:37pm On Feb 05, 2015
5. M.I and Jesse Jagz
Both brothers are popular acts in the Nigerian rap industry.
Jude Abaga, alias M.I is a hip hop act with many popular
songs like ‘Crowd mentality’, ‘One Naira’ and a host of
others. He is a music executive at Chocolate City. Jesse
Garba Abaga, alias Jesse Jagz, is also a top rapper and
producer. Initially with the Chocolate City Label along with
his brother, Jesse left the label in 2013 and has since started
his own imprint known as Jagz Nation.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by danduchi(m): 1:38pm On Feb 05, 2015
6. Dbanj and K-Switch
Oladapo Daniel Oyebanjo, alias D’banj is a 34 year old
singer, songwriter, and a businessman. He recently
celebrated his 10 years in the music industry and is also an
ambassador for Nigeria’s ‘Agricultural Revolution’.He was
introduced into the music industry in 2006, with his hit
single Tongolo. He is also Nigeria’s first United Nations Youth Ambassador for Peace, and he owns the Koko Foundation for Youth and Peace Development.
Kehinde Oladotun Oyebanjo, alias Kayswitch, the younger
brother to Dbanj, is the first signing of D’Banj’s DB Records
and is also an artiste in the hip hop genre.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by danduchi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 05, 2015
7. Sound Sultan and Baba Dee
Olanrewaju Fasasi alias Sound Sultan is a 38 year old
Nigerian rapper, singer-songwriter, actor, comedian and
recording artist, better known by his stage name Sound
Sultan. He is regarded as one of the pacesetters of modern
hiphop music in Nigeria. He recently acquired the multi
million naira ‘Naija Ninja’ studio with his brother, dancehall
singer and video director Baba Dee. Baba Dee released a
statement recently concerning his plans to release a music
album in 2015.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Scarpon(m): 4:49pm On Feb 05, 2015
Me and GEJ
*modified *wow am FTC WELL I don't feel like I won a lottery

18 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by dahdah: 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mama once told me that My son you are gonna make it in all your endeavors.
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Maczeelly(m): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by sunnyp1(m): 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
Me Buhari
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mmmm I love the 'D prince'... smiley

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2015
Me, Myself and i
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by meshacha1: 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Me and Jesus

Hit like if it is you and Jesus

40 Likes

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by holluwai(m): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nice but what about "aki" and "pawpaw"? wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by tiamiyukunle69(m): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
Interesting...... Entertainment Running in their blood
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by nekaa(f): 5:56pm On Feb 05, 2015
That Gabriel afolayan guy dou.. @berexio1 you use idea resemble small... small o!
Didn't know jesse jags's name was garba ..
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by alaoeri: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
2baba & hyacinth, though we don't know the where about of the later.

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by dahdah: 5:57pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by kingthreat(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2015

Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by sulexcraig(m): 5:58pm On Feb 05, 2015
that sounds great!nothing great come so easily.........
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2015
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Copee: 6:00pm On Feb 05, 2015
Of all people. I pity you. Not only GEJ. its you and Asari. sad
Scarpon:
Me and GEJ
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by bonechamberlain(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2015
congrats to them
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Mhizkel(f): 6:02pm On Feb 05, 2015
Interestin! Dey re all amazin....
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by lonngmann(m): 6:05pm On Feb 05, 2015
What of the Zulezoo brothers with their Kerewa classic! cheesy
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Tobilastik(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
Nice..... me nd my bro will soon enter limelight ...watch out!!!! grin
Re: 7 Nigerian Celebrity Siblings Who Defied The Odds In The Entertainment Industry by Isiterere(m): 6:11pm On Feb 05, 2015
danduchi:
4. Gabriel, Kunle and Aremu Afolayan
Sons of the foremost filmmaker of the 70s and 80s, Adeyemi
Afolayan, Kunle, Aremu and Gabriel Afolayan are no obscure
names in the Nigerian Entertainment industry, especially
Kunle, who is one of the most prominent filmmakers in the
movie industry today. In recent times, Gabriel Afolayan who
is an actor, launched his music career as ‘G Fresh’ and has
produced songs such as ‘Kokoro Ife’. Aremu could be
mistaken for Kunle’s twin and is also a talented actor.
you forgot their sister "Moji Afolayan "

ALL IZZ WELL

How I'm Coping With My Oyinbo Husband – Actress Ufuoma Ejenebor-Mcdermott / Photos From Teju Babyface's Church Wedding / 10 Most Influential People Of All Time