Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? (2352 Views)

Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / Can You Rock This Jesus And Mary Bathroom Slippers? (photos) / A Comparison Between Jesus And Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Ericardo7(m): 4:54pm On Feb 05, 2015
The Jesus-Magdalene union has been explored ad nauseum by many modern historians. Mary Magdalene traveled with Jesus as one of His followers. She was present at His two most important moments: the crucifixion and the resurrection. Within the four Gospels she is named at least 12 times, more than most of the apostles. Historians view the Gospel references as describing her as courageous, brave enough to stand by Jesus in His hours of suffering, death and beyond.
The Gospels of Mark says that Jesus had cast 7 demons out of her (Mark 16:9). Note that these "demons" may refer to a complex illness, not any form of sinfulness.

In the Gnostic Gospels, copies of the Nag Hammadi and Dead Sea scrolls contain certain stories that prove there was a relationship between them. According to their Gospel of Philip "...and the [bold] companion [/bold] of the saviour is Mary Magdalene. Christ loved her more than all the disciples and used to kiss her on the mouth." The word you should take not of here is "COMPANION ". As any Aramaic scholar will tell you, the word 'companion' in those days literally meant SPOUSE.

Mary Magdalene is claimed by many historians to be of royal descent, The House of Benjamin, to be precise. It only makes sense that Christ who also had royal blood (from The House of David) would consort with someone who also had royal blood, as it is in almost all traditions and customs.

Historians also speak of a highly explosive manuscript known as "The Magdalene Diaries"- Mary Magdalene's personal account of her relationship with Christ, His crucifixion and her time in France.

Also is the fact that Jesus was a rabbi. According to Hebrew customs, for one to be a rabbI and lead a congregation, he was to be qualified as well as married. This was to enable him lead his congregation with the assistance of his wife as well make the man a role model for the members of the congregation to emulate. From this, it means Jesus could have never been a rabbi without having to be married, and which other person was to be his wife than Mary Magdalene.

Another instance that supports this claim is the event of Christ's resurrection morning. The Bible tells us that Mary Magdalene and other women to the grave of Christ to anoint His body. This was right given only to the wife of the deceased according to Hebrew customs. This means that Mary Magdalene would only have the power to anoint the naked body of Jesus Christ only if she was his wife. Startling truth, right? Yes I felt the same way when I stumbled upon this fact during my research. If there was one person who had the right to anoint the body of Christ, that would be His wife, and who else would fit the position but Mary Magdalene.

Lastly, is one incontestable fact. Christ's first appearance.
When Jesus died and resurrected, Mary Magdalene was the first person He appeared to. Now let's apply common sense here again. If you were in Jesus' shoes, who would you appear to first? Your wife or girlfriend right? Of course. I'd do exactly the same. After defeating death and claiming the keys to he'll, I bet Jesus must have been so happy to finally appear to the people He loved the most. Starting with the number one in the pecking order. He didn't choose Peter, His right hand man, He didn't choose John whom He loved the most among His disciples, He didn't choose His own mother. No. Instead He choose Mary Magdalene! If nothing else has convinced you there was something extra between them, this should. Jesus chose to appear to the person He must have loved the most above all. Mary Magdalene must have held a special reverence with Our Lord and Saviour. She must have been His number one.

CONCLUSION
● It is clear from the Gospels that Mary Magdalene
had a great love for Jesus. She had been freed by him
from possession by seven devils, had followed him as
a disciple, ministering to him from her means (Luke
8:2-3), and had been with Mary, the Mother of Jesus
and the other women when Jesus was crucified
(Mark 15:40-41). She was, according to the Gospels,
the first person to whom Jesus appeared after the
resurrection, after searching for him tearfully (John
20:11-18). Hence the veneration which the Church
has had for her as a witness to the risen Christ.
FROM THE EVIDENCES ABOVE, IT SHOWS THEY MUST HAVE HAD SOMETHING MORE THAN A MASTER-FOLLOWER RELATIONSHIP.
IF INDEED THEY WERE LOVERS OR HUSBAND AND WIFE WE MAY ACTUALLY NEVER KNOW FOR SURE AS WE DO NO HAVE PHYSICAL ACCESS EITHER OF THEM...

I HOPE THIS PIECE HAS ENLIGHTENED A LOT OF US ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS...
SHALLOM!
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Ericardo7(m): 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2015
Mary Magdalene

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by dkronicle(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2015
Dan brown, and leonardo davinci re just mad.
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Ericardo7(m): 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2015
dkronicle:
Dan brown, and leonardo davinci re just mad.
..........they are not mad...they speak the simple truth though its embellished in a lot of fiction. The human sixth sense coupled with proper research will distinguish both clearly
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by dkronicle(m): 6:45pm On Feb 05, 2015
Ericardo7:
..........they are not mad...they speak the simple truth though its embellished in a lot of fiction. The human sixth sense coupled with proper research will distinguish both clearly
bro i just cant bliv any other thing. Am stuck with d normal thing
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Mynd44: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2015
Dan Brown is a good writer. Unfortunately, that's where it ends

1 Like

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by basille(m): 11:22pm On Feb 05, 2015
To me, other than the proposition of a large v shape in between Jesus and the person on his right in the painting of the last supper, all Dan browns (and also all other researchers) writings towards this issue has strong and valid points that proves possibilities if not exposes the truth itself.

Some quotes from the Gospel of Mary First discovered in 1896.
Peter said to Mary, " Sister we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman. Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them".

Did Jesus love Mary more than his disciples? well this quote seem to suggest such, which means Mary was no ordinary woman to him.
Mary is then confronted by Andrew and Peter, who do not take for granted what she says, because she is a woman:

"Did he then speak secretly with a woman, in preference to us, and not openly? Are we to turn back and all listen to her? Did he prefer her to us?"
Also
Mary is defended by Levi:

"But if the Savior made her worthy, who are you to reject her? Surely the Savior knew her very well. For this reason he loved her more than us".
So yes! there was obviously a relationship between Jesus and Mary Madelene.

1 Like

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 06, 2015
Yes there was an intimate relationship between Jesus & Mary Magdalene.

Download this song in mp3 format:

The Point of No Return - Immortal Technique

1 Like

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by sonmvayina(m): 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2015
what was she doing at the tomb on the first easter morning?...only wife where allowed to wash/anoint the naked body of another man...just saying..

1 Like

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by adexsimply(m): 9:13pm On Feb 07, 2015
Mynd44:
Dan Brown is a good writer. Unfortunately, that's where it ends
lol..you can't just discard all the evidences he highlighted. I'm not saying he was right, but what if he was not wrong?

1 Like

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Ericardo7(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2015
basille:
To me, other than the proposition of a large v shape in between Jesus and the person on his right in the painting of the last supper, all Dan browns (and also all other researchers) writings towards this issue has strong and valid points that proves possibilities if not exposes the truth itself.

Some quotes from the Gospel of Mary First discovered in 1896.

Did Jesus love Mary more than his disciples? well this quote seem to suggest such, which means Mary was no ordinary woman to him.

Also

So yes! there was obviously a relationship between Jesus and Mary Madelene.

Bros God bless you.....
somebody sees reason with me.....The signs are just too obvious to ignore
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Ericardo7(m): 11:05am On Feb 08, 2015
sonmvayina:
what was she doing at the tomb on the first easter morning?...only wife where allowed to wash/anoint the naked body of another man...just saying..

Bros...
.help me ask all these people. our Faith should not make us blind to truth
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Rilwayne001: 11:06am On Feb 08, 2015
According to earlier sources Jesus love Mary magdalene and used to kiss her if not had intimate intercourse during his time

1 Like

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:
According to earlier sources Jesus love Mary magdalene and used to kiss her if not had intimate intercourse during his time
Mumu!

Where is your source and stop spewing preposterous & spurious information.
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Rilwayne001: 11:21am On Feb 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

Mumu!
Lol

E PAIN AM tongue

Where is your source and stop spewing presposterous & spurious information.

It will take a whole thread and lot of discuss and arguments which I don't think you are fit to engage in. or are you?
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 08, 2015
sonmvayina:
She wasn't the only one at the tomb.

There were other Mary!
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Lol

E PAIN AM tongue

It will take a whole thread and lot of discuss and arguments which I don't think you are fit to engage in. or are you?
I am ready... smiley
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Rilwayne001: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

I am ready... smiley

Okay good. Watch out smiley
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Okay good. Watch out smiley
mad man, no where in d bible dey wrote dat my JESUS slept wif a woman not to talk of a child, muhammed raped a nine years old child.
Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Ericardo7(m): 6:02pm On Feb 08, 2015
to all those that say the bible never said they had a relationship.....Remember that the bible we are using had a huge part of it destroyed by the emperor constatine who felt they posed a threat to the type of christian church (catholic church) which he wanted to build. There's a lot that would have benefited from that were destroyed. And though some were recovered or hidden, they were not added to the bible we use today. The truth about so many things were hidden from us. Do your research and be enlightened. Stop talking trash when you have no knowledge whatsoever about the topic.

1 Like

Re: Was There A Relationship Between Jesus And Mary Magdalene? by Ericardo7(m): 6:03pm On Feb 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

She wasn't the only one at the tomb.

There were other Mary!
....she led them!

(1) (Reply)

Death, Hell & The Afterlife / WEALTH: Who Did God Create Wealth For, Believers Or Unbelievers? / Kuwait Royal Prince Declares Conversion To Christainity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.