Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

Boko Haram Started In Bakassi – Paramount Ruler Of Bakassi - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boko Haram Started In Bakassi – Paramount Ruler Of Bakassi (788 Views)

Photos: See A Big Snake I Killed Inside My Paramount Ruler's Compound / Burial Arrangement For Paramount Ruler Of Tiv Land Announced / The Bakassi Boys ??? ??? ??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Started In Bakassi – Paramount Ruler Of Bakassi by samzy(m): 5:11am On Feb 07, 2015
The paramount ruler of Bakassi Local Government Area, Obong (Dr) Etim Okon Edet in a session with news men at his palace revealed that Boko Haram menace in Nigeria started in Bakassi, Cross River State assuring that the violence will not stop until something is done about the Bakassi people.
Dr Etim Okon opined that all the great and mighty handiwork of Boko Haram started immediately after the International Court of Justice (ICJ) judgement ceded Bakassi to Cameroon.
“When Bakassi was ceded as a result of the ICJ judgement, it was not only Bakassi that was affected. Adamawa, Bornu and Yobe axis were also affected on the land boundary. On the maritime boundary, it was Bakassi. Now in those areas, nobody has said anything because they were resettled properly. You will not hear any complain from them as they were resettled by the Presidential Resettlement Committee. I have the report. It was the same committee that was supposed to come to Bakassi area,” Dr Etim said.
The paramount ruler went further to talk of the unseen N100 billion approved by Federal Government for Bakassi resettlement and figured out ‘high injustice’ in the nation as the sustenance of Boko Haram:
“There is too much injustice. That is why there is Boko Haram. And it will not stop until the Federal Government holistically looks at the Bakassi issue. How many committees have been set up for this and I keep saying these are not necessary. We now saw in 2014 budget N100 billion for resettlement of Bakassi people, but we have not seen anything. Also the Efiok Cobham Resettlement Committee white paper is not out. What is the justice there?”
Talking of the collective efforts of religious fellowships offering prayers to end Boko Haram, Dr Etim said: “It is not prayers. People have been praying. There are so many churches and the thing is still going on. So these are the questions that people should ask. There must be fundamental causes for what is happening. Until we address that, we cannot fix the problem”.
Dr Etim regrettably questioned the role of Nigeria and Cross River State government; “Nobody even has the conscience to ask ‘where are these people and what is happening to them?’ I don’t understand when they say the welfare and security of a people shall be the primary purpose of the government”.

source; http://voiceofcalabar..com/2015/02/boko-haram-started-in-bakassi-nigeria.html

Re: Boko Haram Started In Bakassi – Paramount Ruler Of Bakassi by okosodo: 6:27am On Feb 07, 2015
They were inspired by allah. allahu akbar
Re: Boko Haram Started In Bakassi – Paramount Ruler Of Bakassi by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 7:34am On Feb 07, 2015
It is well even inside well

(1) (Reply)

When Will 9ja Governstment Start Providing Wrld Class Weapons 4 Our Heros? / Nairalanders What Are Your Hobbies? / Who Remembers Reading This Book?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.