Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

NYSC And INEC Plot To Endanger The Lives Of Corps Members Again. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC And INEC Plot To Endanger The Lives Of Corps Members Again. (861 Views)

Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) / The Shameful Adulterous Lives Of Some Corpers / Seven Categories Of Corps Members You Will Find In Any Orientation Camp. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC And INEC Plot To Endanger The Lives Of Corps Members Again. by RealMcCoyBlog(m): 6:11am On Feb 07, 2015
I hear the NYSC has signed an MoU with INEC and thus has set out in a bid to make it compulsory for all serving corps members to serve as INEC ad hoc staff in the forth-coming elections.

There is a nationwide meeting of serving corps members with officials of NYSC across the various states tomorrow with the alleged agenda of giving this plot a flesh, and cowing corp members into compulsorily risking their lives in the forth-coming elections.

Previously, INEC ad hoc staff were selected following a voluntary application process and screening. However, it appears that is not to be this time. There's a gross disinterest in the INEC job by corps members especially those serving in the North, and rightly so, given the lingering insecurity and the recent history of corps members who served in that part of the country in the period of elections. Some corps members are even planning to return to their various homes during this period, to return after the dust of elections settle, and that is very understandable.

So far, the best the NYSC management has given the corps members is what they gave in the previous years: verbal assurances, platitudes of working closely with security agencies to protect corps members. Only that they are going a little further to try to make it compulsory for all corps member to put their lives on the line again... From orientation camps, corps members are taught to stay away from the politics of the area they serve in. Now, NYSC would turn around and put them right in the middle of the politics of these areas at the time it is most hot.

While this, even as a rumour, is insensitive, careless and callous, it is unconstitutional and I think all and sundry to rise up and oppose it. The civil servants and youths who know there way around, and live in a given locality or state, in my opinion, are better positioned to serve at the polling booths during elections...

http://emekaokpara..com/2015/02/nysc-and-inec-plot-to-endanger-lives-of.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: NYSC And INEC Plot To Endanger The Lives Of Corps Members Again. by micholalo(m): 6:19am On Feb 07, 2015
God protect the innocent corpers
Re: NYSC And INEC Plot To Endanger The Lives Of Corps Members Again. by Nobody: 7:14am On Feb 07, 2015
Being an INEC adhoc staff is not by force, infact, I'm with my family members until after election.

(1) (Reply)

Simple Bussines Idea That Will Compliment Your Finances While Serving! / NYSC: Camp Advice And Rules Of Engagement For New Corpers / Increment In Nysc Access Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.