Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,218 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent (2358 Views)

My Ugly Experience With Yudala Store Ikeja / My Online Shopping Experience With Gearbest.com / My Traumatic Buying Experience With Acunon - Buy Plasma, Led, Lcd Smart Tv's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent by adanduka: 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2015
I don't know his name. sad These agents always rush through their names but make you repeat your name like three times So I wanted to subscribe for the MTN Better Me data bundle and I sent SPB to 131 and after a long while they were still processing my request (according to the text I received). So I called 180 and this guy picked and after I told him my inability to subscribe, he asked me the phone I use and told me all I needed to do was to download MY 2015 APP (an MTN app). I asked him what to do after downloading the app and he said I can subscribe for the 2015MB data @ N2015 from there.
I downloaded the app and I did not see any button for the Better Me data plan. The guy should have told me he doesn't know how to do it undecided or better still forward the call to a knowledgeable colleague.
I called again, thankfully I got a lady this time and she didn't even mention anything about the app. She asked me to use *123*4*3*1#. And that's how I was able to subscribe.
Feel free to share unhelpful solutions from customer care agents grin
Re: My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent by otipoju(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2015
Sometimes customers become aware of new products before customer reps. It is a deliberate marketing move by to control espionage.

When the info is sent en masse to reps, some may not have read it yet because they did not take time to read their new mails, or might have been off for a day or two based on their work schedule.

Whichever way, rather than give wrong info. It is better to tell customers, I dont know...let me find out and get back to you.

I enjoyed my time there , there was a conscious effort by management to provide quality service to customers.
Re: My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent by adanduka: 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2015
otipoju:
Sometimes customers become aware of new products before customer reps. It is a deliberate marketing move by to control espionage.

When the info is sent en masse to reps, some may not have read it yet because they did not take time to read their new mails, or might have been off for a day or two based on their work schedule.

Whichever way, rather than give wrong info. It is better to tell customers, I dont know...let me find out and get back to you.

I enjoyed my time there , there was a conscious effort by management to provide quality service to customers.

I hope that while you enyoyed your time time there you provided helpful solutions wink
Re: My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent by otipoju(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2015
adanduka:

I hope that while you enyoyed your time time there you provided helpful solutions wink

Well I won't blow my own trumpet.
Re: My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent by zenith4biz(m): 7:48pm On Feb 07, 2015
Etisalat clueless customer care rep.
I bought 500mb some data from a reseller on Nairaland in a bid to download gta3
After downloading like 100mb Etisalat wipe my data and sent a message that your last PayGo is 0.2k
I called the customer care number only for her to start telling me that it's not possible to buy 500mb for #700 I even explained that I bought the data from data resellers, but she continued to answer me cluelessly.
As I dropped the call, they restored my 500mb without charging for the downloaded data.
Re: My Experience With A Clueless MTN Online Customer Care Agent by adanduka: 7:53am On Feb 08, 2015
otipoju:

Well I won't blow my own trumpet.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Very clean Gionee Splus For Sale / Buy Wireless LAN Adapter For Samsung Smart TV (nigeria Only) / Sold sold...Used LG V30 4gb Ram/64gb Rom 4g LTE @ #50,0800

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.